Brock Lesnar not fighting in UFC until 2018

A source within WWE has said that Lesnar vs Jones will not happen until Summer 2018 and that Brock would 100% absolutely fulfill his WWE commitments first and foremost. WWE doesn't want any part of Lesnar being in the UFC while still under contract with WWE due to the failed drug test by Lesnar last July.

A source within WWE has said that Lesnar vs Jones will not happen until Summer 2018 and that Brock would 100% absolutely fulfill his WWE commitments first and foremost. WWE doesn't want any part of Lesnar being in the UFC while still under contract with WWE due to the failed drug test by Lesnar last July.

Sounds like both the UFC and the WWE have sham drug testing programs and no sense in either party getting additional bad press...

Sounds like Lesnar doesn't want to subjected to UFC testing because he will test positive. The WWE tests may be more of the sham variety.

Hence, Lesnar has to wait to get tested when the stuff is out of his system.

Like you I would assume the UFC testing program is superior to the WWE testing program but why would Lesnar have to wait a year? What does he have inside him, rocket fuel?

My guess is a contract that says he will perform exclusively for the WWE until a specified time next year. Then he'll stop taking whatever he takes to get as big as he is for WWE, then he'll need time to clear it from his system. I suppose the real issue is the exclusive contract.

My guess is a contract that says he will perform exclusively for the WWE until a specified time next year. Then he'll stop taking whatever he takes to get as big as he is for WWE, then he'll need time to clear it from his system. I suppose the real issue is the exclusive contract.

A contract may be exclusive on paper but when you are talking this kind of money anything can happen.