2017 Favorites

Hey all. New to the forum. I've always been a SW Ohio soccer fan but have just gotten plugged in with NKY soccer after watching a few Ohio teams play KY teams this Fall (Anderson & Moeller).

Curious to hear who the favorites for 2017 are in your region? Also what aohio teams will they be playing?

Thanks!

Would agree with mexitucky, Ryle and CCH are talented and will be the early favorites in the 9th region. CCH have won back to back region 9 titles and are the 2016 KY State Finalist. They return 6 to 7 starters from last year's team and will add a talented group of to be juniors and maybe a couple to be sophomores that played JV last season.

Heard CCH will be playing Moeller in the Trinity (Louisville) tournament. They will also play OH D3 State Champs Summit Country Day on the road and host Elder. Last season they also played @ Walnut Hills, (believe Walnut Hills dropped CCH for this season), @Anderson and @Seven Hills. Have not heard any word if the latter two are on CCH's schedule for 2017. Would also like to see CCH add La Salle, who should have a good team once again this season.

For an early look at the NKY teams, CCH will host the NKY Boys Soccerama at their renovated stadium on August 3,4,5.

I believe it will be a CCH/Ryle/St. Henry race for the most part with Highlands as a darkhorse in N. Ky.

CCH - biggest question mark in my mind is who replaces all the Griffin Lamb scoring after this year. CCH returns a very strong group of juniors and will supplement that with a solid sophomore class. I would look for one or two (Darpel and Stava) current freshmen to either be starting or earning significant playing time for CCH as well. They should be very deep. Defensively they return their keeper and 3 of the 4 starting defenders although my guess is some of those players move forward next year. If CCH can score consistently they will be tough to beat.

Ryle - I think their biggest loss was their goalkeeper who often kept them in games. I'm guessing James Spindley takes over that slot and he is very solid in goal. They were offensively challenged last season and I didn't see much on the JV to make me think that will change this season. I think Ryle will be there because they will remain strong defensively as they have been in recent history.

St. Henry - they also return a large junior class but replacing Sanders and Manahan will be their biggest challenge. They also have a strong sophomore class with Ross and some others that will take on much larger roles this fall.

No doubt replacing Lamb's 34 goals will not be easy. I don't see one player duplicating this offensive output but I do think CCH will have a very balanced team. Cody is very strong in goal, Dietz at CB, expect Russo to play Cmid, Deimling following up his 10 goals/16 assists season as a sophomore and having Blom for a full season are 5 players any team would love to build around. Add Ventre, Seibert, Wulfeck, and 3 youngsters with good pedigree Wessels, Darpel, Stava, and you get a good idea of the talent and experience CCH will put on the field this coming season.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryle will look very strong for the next two seasons, they have a stacked squad of really good players.

Players to look out for are Bret Bolin, Adam Allano and goalkeeper James Spindley who is probably the best keeper in the tri state.

CCH will always be dangerous, players to watch out for are Russo and Deimling.

St Henry and Highlands have a outside chance, watch for Nico Ross from St.H he could be a key player if he can keep is cool.

Good luck to all the schools the coming season

No doubt replacing Lamb's 34 goals will not be easy. I don't see one player duplicating this offensive output but I do think CCH will have a very balanced team. Cody is very strong in goal' date=' Dietz at CB, expect Russo to play Cmid, Deimling following up his 10 goals/16 assists season as a sophomore and having Blom for a full season are 5 players any team would love to build around. Add Ventre, Seibert, Wulfeck, and 3 youngsters with good pedigree Wessels, Darpel, Stava, and you get a good idea of the talent and experience CCH will put on the field this coming season.[/quote']

IMO, Darpel will get a lot of varsity time. He is a commanding CB.

Thomas Cody is my pick for NKY top goal keeper in NKY and one of the top keepers in the state. He has the full package, great size, quickness, good hands, makes quick decisions, and is not afraid to attack the ball, he has great command of the box. And experience, he was the starter last year for about the last half of the season through the State finals.

I heard Ross has transferred to Boone Co.

Ryle will look very strong for the next two seasons, they have a stacked squad of really good players.

Players to look out for are Bret Bolin, Adam Allano and goalkeeper James Spindley who is probably the best keeper in the tri state.

CCH will always be dangerous, players to watch out for are Russo and Deimling.

St Henry and Highlands have a outside chance, watch for Nico Ross from St.H he could be a key player if he can keep is cool.

Good luck to all the schools the coming season

Best keeper in the tri-state is a pretty bold statement for someone who has not logged a varsity minute.

Thomas Cody is my pick for NKY top goal keeper in NKY and one of the top keepers in the state. He has the full package, great size, quickness, good hands, makes quick decisions, and is not afraid to attack the ball, he has great command of the box. And experience, he was the starter last year for about the last half of the season through the State finals.

I heard Ross has transferred to Boone Co.

Would be curious to hear from someone at Boone or St. Henry if this is true. I'm guessing he'd have to sit this year.