8 members have voted

1. 1. Who Takes This District?

• Breathitt County
    • Estill County
    • Knott County Central
    • Magoffin County
    • Morgan County
    • Powell County

Class 3A District 7 seems to be the most wide open of all in the class. Breathitt County is the traditional favorite, but they're not the "old Breathitt" and Magoffin County is actually the defending champions. Estill lost a ton from last season. Morgan and Powell seem improved from years past, as does Knott Central. Here are the current district standings. Who wins this wide open district?

Morgan County (1-0)

Powell County (1-0)

Breathitt County (1-0)

Estill County (1-1)

Knott County Central (0-1)

Magoffin County (0-2)

I honestly have no clue... Powell had a big win to beat Estill.

I am thinking right now Powell...but I could see Morgan, Breathitt, or even Estill still despite the loss.

It breaks my heart seeing the Breathitt program where it is after seeing how good they were just 3 years ago. When the state took over their school system and the already declining feeder system was brought to a halt you see what came from it.

Last year Estill would have won this district with ease now, I have no idea. If Powell comes to play every game like they did against Estill, they'll win it for sure but Breathitt is the powerhouse. Estill would need to win the rest of their games, Powell lose two, Breathitt lose two, Morgan to lose two and Knott/Magoffin to lose 1 more....I honestly don't think it will happen but crazier things have happened.