Silght chance for storms far WKY Sunday afternoon

nWo

The timing for Sunday's possible storms is still around late afternoon into the evening hours mainly in WKY. Western Ky is in slight risk area. Looks like we should see more of a linear formation of storms instead of supercell development. As of now the main threats look to be damaging winds and hail. The rest of Kentucky is in a marginal risk area meaning the storms shouldn't be as widespread as those in WKY.

I will update this afternoon.

day2otlk_0600.gif

Saturday afternoon update:

The slight risk area has been extended eastward to around Corbin for Sunday afternoon into the overnight hours. As of now the main risk from these thunderstorms are large hail and locally damaging winds. The rest of Kentucky is in the marginal risk area which means that there is a possibility of severe storms but they'll probably be more scattered in nature.

I'll post an update in the morning.

day2otlk_1730.gif

Sunday morning update:

Kentucky is now in the marginal area which means any storms that we see won't be as organized or widespread but could still be severe. Large hail damaging winds will be the greatest threat this afternoon. An isolated tornado can not be rules out.

Take care and have a blessed Sunday.

day1otlk_1200.gif

You can track any storms that develop here.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/bluegrasspreps-coms-break/severe-weather-tracker-302245.html

They moved up the times for my son's soccer tourney on the north side of Indy. Hoping the weather holds out. Playing a soccer game in the rain is normal. But lightning is a deal breaker.

Let me suggest that you download the Weatherbug app. It has a feature called Spark. It will warn you about lightning in your area. It tells you how close it is and when you should seek shelter from the lightning. It will even show you where the lightning is in your area.

We still have a chance for some scattered thunderstorms overnight. I'm getting ready to turn in so everyone stay weather aware tonight. I have my phone close by in case any watches or warnings are issued.

There's a chance of isolated severe storms in parts of southeast Kentucky until around 7 am EDT. The main threat looks to be locally damaging winds and maybe some small hail.

mcd0393.gif