Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sidelinecoach

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sidelinecoach

  1. East will do a much better job of taking care of the ball than anyone Elliott has played thus far except Christian Co & East will not be far behind them. They are also more athletic, better basketball players & just a better team than anyone other than Christian Co. I say it will be Elliott by 12-15.
  2. I would definitely like Mason Co's chances.
  3. I looked at a few of the Bath Co kids faces during this & felt really bad for them. I felt it was very demeaning to them. For their sakes I wish Coach Hicks hadn't done this.
  4. No I do not think they will win a State Championship but I do think they can win at least 1, possibly 2 games in the state. Using their style of play they need the coaching staff to wake up & get the starters some more rest before they can make a run in any tourney that consist of more than 2 games. I suppose the staff has never heard of the old basketball terminology "steal some minutes" for the starters. Last night proves it as those legs have logged a lot of minutes in 3 games since Tues. night. It is the 1st time I have seen the twins & Ferguson not have that extra gear in the 2nd half. They just gutted it out & thats a huge credit to them, no thanks to the staff. At this rate if they make it to the regional finals this may be exactly what the opponent needs in the champuionship game to use against Elliott - tired legs! If EC didn't have such a big lead starting the 4th last night they would lhave lost - wake up coach
  5. I thought the Friday night game may have an effect on how MC would play since it was
  6. Surpising as I thought Lincoln would handle them a lot easier than this. Maybe Lincoln's late run during football has something to do with this.
  7. Wow that is odd! From what I recall Scotts opponents outside the region are some quality teams so it s not like they are trying to pad the schedule by doing this.
  8. No I do not think they will win a State Championship but I do think they can win at least 1, possibly 2 games in the state. Using their style of play they need the coaching staff to wake up & get the starters some more rest before they can make a run in any tourney that consist of more than 2 games. I suppose the staff has never heard of the old basketball terminology "steal some minutes" for the starters. Last night proves it as those legs have logged a lot of minutes in 3 games since Tues. night. It is the 1st time I have seen the twins & Ferguson not have that extra gear in the 2nd half. They just gutted it out & thats a huge credit to them, no thanks to the staff. At this rate if they make it to the regional finals this may be exactly what the opponent needs in the champuionship game to use against Elliott - tired legs! If EC didn't have such a big lead starting the 4th last night they would lhave lost - wake up coach !
  9. Christian Co. just about came back to win in the 2nd half due to the pure fact that the coach didn't sub at all and the boys were very tired. Congrats to Elliott, lets just hope your coach learns that he has a bench so he should use it like every other coach.
  10. Raceland easily over Russell East Carter crushes South Floyd No knowing who the final team is it is easy to say E Carter & Raceland are the top 2.
  11. Hasn't Christian Co played a couple of really good teams?
  12. 6 the 1st Q 8 the 2nd Q 5 starters the 3 Q 10 the 4th Q
  13. I posted the correct time stats on the other thread that your comments helped get closed so I do not why you replied this way. If I have time later today I will post them again in the meantime do not try to stir things up again & get another 16th region thread closed.
  14. i'll definitely have to disagree with that, though it would be difficult
  15. I thought this one could go either way if it were at Morgan Co. Good win for RH
  16. Can you tell us who they are?
  17. I like Racelands team & have said so since last year. I thought they would be one of the 3-4 teams that could present problems for Elliott Co. If they continue to shoot as they did in the 1st half against Elliott last Saturday they will be really tough. The new coach has given them more freedom & they are good enough & athletic enough to take advantage of it. Good luck to them, they are fun to watch.
  18. Elliott may have the best rebounding gaurds in the state especially in the Faulkner twins. They get them on both sides of the ball against much bigger competition. They always have good position & the ability to put it back in the hole or draw the foul against the bigger opponent, most of the time it seems it is an "and 1". They seem to really enjoy this part of the game.
  19. If you look at it as the rest of the team only scored 11 of 63 points you could say it is pretty sad. They definitely will need someone else to pick up the slack. Best of luck to them.
  20. Elliott plays Bath Co on Friday night who has 2 quick athletic gaurds.Then come back
  21. 3high, Where were you in March 07' Elliott did make it past the 1st round of the State Tourney!
  22. Not this, year but know their players pretty well from previous years of AAU They have good gaurds that are quick, shoot well & high bball IQ's. Good big men that also can play out on the floor with high bball IQ's. They all can score but have 1 solid scorer, Jake Bryant and can play 8-9 people easy. They would give Elliott a good game. A 2 out of 3 series could go either way. They have the 2 things that could present problems for EC. Good gaurds that can handle pressure & good big men.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.