Everything posted by sportsdad
-
Where are the Best gyms(and worst) in NKY!
I think Henry County was built in the sixties. I believe it has been the site of the boys eighth region and Henry County Invitational ever since it opened. There have been many great games played there and it is a great place to watch a game. The gym comes to life when it is full and has a great atmosphere. As we discuss the great gyms, just imagine what a show place this was in the sixties. It is one of the great ones still today.
-
8th Region All A Discussion
Based on each teams current records, who they have played and where the tournament is being played, Gallatin is a heavy favorite. It will take someone having a career night to beat them.
-
8th Region All A Discussion
The All A has been great for the eighth region as evidenced by the distribution of regional championships.
-
8th Region All A Discussion
I think it will be Carroll and Gallatin in the finals.
-
8th Region All A Discussion
Looking forward to the tournament starting. Gallatin County has a great atmosphere for basketball, and I anticipate the games to be very competitive due to the fact that it's tournament time.
-
Where are the Best gyms(and worst) in NKY!
IMO the best in Northern Ky is Mason County. Watched the 10th Region Championship there last year and the atmoshpere was incredible. Having watched basketball all over the state I would say Marshall County and Barren County are the best out in the state.
-
Trimble Co 64 Williamstown 53
Where was this game played?
-
Red River Shootout (Powell County)
Can anyone tell me how this tournament ended up? I was very impressed with the organization of the tournament and how well it was put together to be the first annual.
-
Gallatin County 62 Conner 53
Good win! Keep up the good work!
-
Front runner in the 8th?
It has been a long time since someone unexpected won the eighth region. This could be the year. The top teams don't seem to be as strong as previous years. It appears there are 5 teams that most have singled out as favorites and I agree with those five. I am predicting there will be some very unexpected upsets this year. I don't want to speculate who they may be. I just think the stage is set for this to occur.
-
NAS Classic
http://www.madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=18&SubSectionID=289&ArticleID=40632&TM=79497.34 http://www.madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=18&SubSectionID=289&ArticleID=40605&TM=79497.34 Here are a couple links courtesy of The Madison Courier on the tournament. On Carroll Co., due to them being the host/home team.
-
Best Tournament
Have to agree, both of these tournaments feature premier teams and players year in and year out.
-
Gallatin Co. Vs Anderson Co. Predictions
Good luck tonight GC, wish I could be there.
-
Gallatin County 70 Simon Kenton 67
I agree. I am not sure how anyone could think they are going to be better after losing these two great players, not only that, but they played the two key positions that you would hope to have to build the rest of your team around. With that said SK is a good team and will be in the hunt for the regional championship. SK will continue to improve and comparisons to last year should be based at the end of the season. Gallatin County is a very good TEAM and Coach Jones always gets the most out of his players. They will also be in the hunt for the Regional Championship (I am not taking about Class A). It is going to be another exciting year in the eighth region.
-
Harlan vs Carroll Co. in Berea
Way to go Lady Panthers! :dancingpa
-
Gallatin Co. 83 Trimble Co. 64
I believe those same Scott Co. Cardinals rolled over the Oldham Co. Colonels in the first round of the State Tournament last year. As someone who attended that game, it appeared as though the Colonels were in "over their head".
-
Changes In School Colors/Mascot Names Over Time
Irouquios (sp?) had a mascot name from Indians, to Raiders. I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
-
Gallatin Co. vs Carroll Co. predictions
Excellent point. :ylsuper:
-
Gallatin Co. vs Carroll Co. predictions
I keep reading Carroll is young, how young are they?
-
Carroll Co. vs Gallatin Co. predictions
No surprises at this game. Panther girls are really coming together from what I saw at HC and appear to have a great group of young ladies. Will be fun to watch for the next few years. Should be an easy win! Carroll 25+ Girdy's defense will be tooooooo much for Gallatin to handle.
-
Henry Co 68 Carroll Co 57
Congratulations on the win HC. I believe Carroll is a very young team; they need to get back to basics and understand they can be competitive even with their lack of experience at the varsity level. It appeared last night as if too many turnovers and bad shots lead to much frustration on the court.
-
*Walton Verona @ Trimble County Predictions*
I'll take the Bearcats by 9 in this one.
-
31st District Games
That's exactly right, I these four teams to produce some great basketball come February and March!
-
31st District Games
The 31st district has a big week, what are some predictions on how teams will fare.
-
Gallatin Co 69 Henry Co 58
Can someone tell me who has been starting for Gallatin, I know that they return 5 of the 9 that played the majority of the minutes, but I know that Coach Jones mixes the up the starting lineup.