Everything posted by nkysportslegend
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
Its pretty sad that you come in a thread and say something like that.:irked:
-
Simon Kenton 14 Boone County 7
Like duece said, the group coming up has a lot of talent, but none are on the same level as Miles Simpson. He has shattered all of the rushing records this year. There is only one or two players in the history of the program that can even be argued to be as good as he is. This isn't a knock on this group of kids, but they just won't have anybody as talented as he is.
-
Hensley Rating System Playoff Region Finals Predictions (Results)
I think I counted 4 games missed, not too bad.
-
Simon Kenton vs Gallatin Co.
Gallatin wins this game. I think SK is going to struggle early this year.
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
:thumb: Exactly.
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
After seeing the defensive numbers of Male and knowing that SK is all about the run, I think this game will be better than I originally thought. Even if they come up short Friday night, this has been a great and special year for the Pioneers. Good luck to both, but hopefully SK can pull off another big win.
-
Simon Kenton 14 Boone County 7
He was yelling get down at Carroll after he intercepted the pass, not at the fans?:confused: I don't think you should question his spirit when it comes to any SK sport, and I'd say he was likely on his feet during a lot of the game.
-
Boone Co vs Simon Kenton Predictions
Just curious but what are you basing this on? I mean, I could possibly see Lex. La. having overlooked them, but they were not a very good team this year. Surely you don't think Conner overlooked a team that they had to score 2 td's in under 2 minutes to beat the first time do you? The Boone fans aren't underestimating SK, they are giving the reasons they feel Boone will win, and for the most part they are legitimate reasons.
-
Simon Kenton/Conner Predictions
I don't see how there will be enough room if they don't open up some of the track. Like neerfan said, it was packed for the last game and this one will likely have a much larger crowd.
-
Should a head coach be an A.D.?
It can be done, but I'm not a big fan of it. Mainly for the reasons already listed. The coach is going to obviously show favoritism to his own sport even if he doesn't realize it.
-
Simon Kenton/Conner Predictions
I think both of the 6A games being played in NKY friday will be great games. As for this game, I have a feeling that SK will prevail. Their defense has been playing great but I look for this one to be a high scoring game from two very different offenses. Conner will be able to move it through the air whereas SK will be run, run, screen/short pass, run, run.
-
First Round Upsets - Any?
I don't think the Simon Kenton win was really an upset either.
-
You write the funny caption:
I can't find my contact, anybody see my contact?
-
Class 6A - Simon Kenton @ Lafayette
I didn't say they would lose, just that SK probably has the best draw out of any 4 seed in 6A. I have mixed feelings about the game. My head says Lafayette, but I want to pick SK.
-
Class 6A - Simon Kenton @ Lafayette
It does stack up nicely for SK this year. First round against arguably the weakest 1 seed in all of 6A. If they can win and assuming the higher seed prevails in the other game they would play Conner, who SK should have beat.
-
Class 6A - Simon Kenton @ Lafayette
They went 7-4 three times in the 70's ('74, '77, and '79), but as already mentioned with the way things were set up back then they were unable to make the playoffs. They went 8-2-1 in 1968. I think the '98 team was the best in the last 15 years to not have a playoff birth.
-
Class 6A - Simon Kenton @ Lafayette
Not necessary.
-
Walton Verona 2008/2009
I think the Harper boy may have quit.
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #11)
7 Henry County 5 Carroll County 3 Trimble County 2 Boone County 1 Beechwood Henry County
-
Holy Cross vs. Simon Kenton Predictions
Yes, but if they play like they did against Boone then HC could put up 21 points.
-
Holy Cross vs. Simon Kenton Predictions
Lawrence has been the QB for two weeks now. Also, I think Simpson will get the record unless they are up huge early before he gets a chance to get the carries. SK wins this one 33-14
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #10)
7 Conner 5 Boone County 3 Lloyd 2 Ryle 1 Scott Conner
-
Simon Kenton 15 Campbell Co 7
I completely forgot that SK hadn't had a bye week yet. I wonder if they are glad that it is this late in the season or not. I can see where it gives time to rest and heal but also you would like to be going in without a two week layoff between games.
-
Simon Kenton 15 Campbell Co 7
Best defensive game SK has played all year.
-
Hensley Rating System 6A Top 15 (2008 Edition #1)
Because they are currently 4th in NKY 6A. I know that has nothing to do with it but based on that I would have thought for them to be lower.