Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

varsity card

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by varsity card

  1. Agreed, no matter how much you may not like the coaching, by not supporting them the fans are only aiding the down fall of a good program
  2. In my opinion they are excellent coaches and they do a great job of teaching the boys not only football but respect as well. And I never played for the cowboys either so my opinion holds no bias and is based solely off of my observation over the years. I was on the field playing at the time of this play calling and I have to comments to make about it. 1. This bring me back to the point I have made several times GRC NEEDS and offensive coordinator. One coach, even the greatest coach, can make a mistake like this very rarely will two coaches working together as part of the offensive scheme make this mistake though. 2. When we were all in the huddle and we heard a call we didn't like there usually was some disappointment from the players however we still went ahead and played the play and tried to make the best of it. And then if that didn't work we would come out on defense and make up for it there. That in my opinion is what got the 06 team as far as it did and I think that last years team lacked that drive and motivation to play through bad play calling.
  3. You are right Marty was the OC Mckay was just the QB coach
  4. The Cowboys are just a civitan league for young boys to play football in Winchester. There are 3 other teams in the league but the cowboys always do see to have one of the better teams. But not always when I was playing at that level the cowboys were about 3rd in the league and to other teams just dominated. And as far as who is allowing the stacking, well I guess you would have to say everyone is. They aren't doing anything wrong they play by the rules and try to get the best players the possibly can on their team. They are just better strategists than everyone else which makes the rest of the league feel like they got cheated. But the main reason for there success in my opinion is because they have good coaches who work really well with that age group. And the fact that the majority of there teams go on to further there football careers throughout school is a testament to their work.
  5. I thought McKay was the OC during the 91 run
  6. I wish I could quote the criteria word for word but I don't know it anymore. Basically though its similar to a 110% award except that its based a lot more on moral fiber, integrity, playing through adversity and leading by example. I'm sure there are more but that just some examples I can think of.
  7. Big Red is right and in the four years I was there, the players always seem to choose the right person.
  8. Something has to change. Or at least give everyone the idea that something has changed. The kids in this town have no faith in this coaching staff, and the main reason is because of all of the negative comments that the adults in the town circulate. I've said it several times that what Columbia needs to do is bring in an offensive coordinator. But they don't just need to hire him, they need to bring him in and place him on a pedestal. Have the paper write an article about him and how he is going to help turn this team around not much happens in Winchester it should make the front page. This should help to spike an interest in the team again. Granted this would not help to fix the numbers this year but in my opinion would be a good idea for next year. Now as for the 07 team from everything I've heard its wasn't only the coaches but the players also. Having played with all of these players in 06 I really feel that this is true. The 07 squad of seniors played awesome together when they were winning but as soon as the score went the other way everything that happened immediately became the coaches fault to the point where they felt the play was going to fail before they ran it. I am going to assume that this same trend carried over to 07 season. I think alot of this, as you have all pointed out, is because this team spent very little time losing and therefore did not play well through adversity. For the most part the majority of the squad handled the adversity well, but the few players that didn't were key play makers. Again though these are just assumptions based on previous events.
  9. Just in some brief conversations I've had sounds like there is a strong possibility that Dini might get the nod but if he doesn't look for Thomas to be in the back field. Either way don't be expecting them to be passing much cause from what I can tell next years game plan is going to be " hand the ball to Williams and lets watch him dance"
  10. I really doubt there will be a coaching change Columbia has been there for too long and has to much respect from the school and the a majority of the community. I also don't believe that he needs to be replaced but he does need to bring in new help. I think they brought in a new defensive backs coach last year, however I don't know his status as of now or if he even made any improvements last year but that has definitely been an area that needs improvement for quite sometime. I think the next step might be to bring in an offensive coordinator, I'm pretty sure Columbia is handling these duties at the moment but in order to be competitive in todays game I really think you have to have two people working on the teams offensive scheme. And the most important thing is they have to get the players believing in the program and 35 players reporting to spring practice isn't a very good sign of faith.
  11. Do you think they will have to turn away people from this game?
  12. Congrats to Tatum he is going to have to step his work ethic up and take his game to a whole other level.
  13. You mean hypothetically right?
  14. Just out of curiosity what year was that.
  15. I heard that Western was also a possibility
  16. I don't have a clue on this one to be perfectly honest, mainly because I'm not sure how much SW lost to graduation last year.
  17. Not to put down Timmy or Robelle, but if i remember correctly the linebacking core and the defensive line had the majority of the tackles for that game, and Brandon Mitchell had several game saving plays at corner. However GRC was very unfortunate in losing Davis this year. He would have been, without a doubt, and impact player on this 07 team. But sadly Timmy became one of the many "what if's " that has plagued the team this year.
  18. Seniors. The answer to Clark County's problems.
  19. If I know Timmy he will want to come back, and if he doesn't come back it will be because someone else has convinced him not too.
  20. I've been gone for a year and already i don't know who half of the people on this team are anymore. But i hope some of the ones i do remember realize they need to step up and play as a leader. I know i say this each week but from what i have seen this is the key to GRC playing up to their potential.
  21. Glad to hear about ligget let us know when you found out who separated their shoulder
  22. Who is this young man and why have i not heard of him.
  23. Ligget and Tackett will be a huge loss to an already struggling defense not only because they are key players but also because they are two of only a hand full that have the potential to step up and take control of this team. And unless someone does step up this will be a long season for Cards.
  24. Have you actually been watching the Indians the last few years or have you just been looking at their scores. Because the team I have been watching is one that should be taken very seriously. So to act like GRC's loss to Montgomery is a huge upset is and extremely in accurate statement.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.