Everything posted by bricklayer
-
Lexington Herald Team Summaries
Makes you wonder where they go to get their information. They got Montgomery Co.'s record wrong and it is right on the KHSAA website. Just looks bad for the H-L.
-
Shelby Valley vs. Elliott County, Thursday 6:30
LOL!!! I don't think any of them are shaving yet. I know a little bit about Elliott from years passed and nothing about SV so I won't make a prediction. I will be pulling for the Lions, as will most of Rupp by the second half of this game.
-
Barren County 39 Muhlenberg North 36
It sounded like Muhlenburg North was executing perfectly running the clock down for the last shot for almost a minute then the took the shot with almost 12 seconds left in the game and missed. Barren Co. rushed down the floor and got the three from the corner for the win. Unbelievable finish. Wish I was there. Will be tomorrow for the 4th session and the rest of the tournament.:thumb:
-
What BGP members will be attending the Sweet 16
I will definately be there. Not sure when or where. I definately want to get a good look at Elliott's first of 3 trips (IMO). Other than that I'll probably pick and choose a few sessions here and there.
-
10th Regional Question
I love it. Problem Solved!!!!!:lol:
-
Top players to watch...
Thanks for the correction. This is even better for the Lions. Do they have a good big man or do they just like to wear teams down with a lot of guards?
-
School Board Policy -
I know that Montgomery Co. is letting out a half a day early on Thursday for those wanting to attend the Girls' Sweet Sixteen and school was cancelled on Friday regardless I'm pretty sure. I believe school systems should make arrangements for those who want to support their teams. A lot of these teams breathe life into a school, especially teams like Elliot Co. and June Buchanon. I believe that it should be standard practice to make such arrangements.
-
Top players to watch...
Antwan (sp?) Barbour E-town 2001 (I think) His performance throughout the tournament was nothing short of miraculous.
-
10th Region Hall of Fame
Did Chez continue playing anywhere after his time at MSU? I didn't know much about him when he was in the 10th region because it was before my time in the region but I got to see plenty of him at MSU. He was a very nice player.
-
Top players to watch...
There always seems to be at least one player that comes out of the wood work and makes a name for himself at the Sweet Sixteen. I this may be my favorite part of the tournament.
-
Top players to watch...
I don't know how the Faulkners' and Co. will compete this year but they should be a fixture in Rupp by the time they graduate. I believe this team starts four sophomores and an 8th grader if I'm not mistaken. I wish them all luck and in two years we maybe asking how will the bigger schools match up with this little one.:thumb:
-
10th Region Hall of Fame
Maybe the players mentioned weren't nominated by their schools this year. Don't really know, just a thought because I know that the school must nominate players, coaches, and supporters.
-
GRC Alum doing well
Excellent article. Good to hear two 10th region boys will be playing in the tourny along with Chris Lofton. Sounds like Preston has really taken care of business off the court as well. An Accounting degree before the end of his senior season is no easy task in itself. Congratsulation to Belmont on making the tourny for the second straight and good luck to Preston and Keaton.
-
Multiple Family Members a part of the same Sweet 16?
I don't know about any other families but this is pretty impressive for the Hundley's.
-
Oldham Co. v/s Scott Co. predictions
If you are right about them not calling off the dogs, it may be the best thing for the rest of the field. I don't know anything about the two programs or the "feuding" between them. From the sounds of it, this game could be very physical, and possibly hurt Scott Co.'s chances at a possible State Championship run.
-
Matt Combs -Pineville
I agree with what has been said in this thread. The age rule should be enough. The age rule is in place so kids aren't held back, giving an opportunity for 20 year olds to play against 17 and 18 year old kids. If a kid is held back and still complies with the age limit rules and sits out the season in which he/she is held back they should be eligible to play IMO.
-
Iroquois 57 Breathitt County 46
I stand corrected, you are right I just looked it up.:thumb:
-
Iroquois 57 Breathitt County 46
Could be wrong but I thought that college courts were also 5' wider.
-
Clay County vs. North Hardin Update
I did too. That really stinks. That was plenty of time to get a shot off. I guess we'll have to check the RIHERD's scoreboard to find out.
-
Clay County vs. North Hardin Update
did any one else lose the feed???
-
Clay County vs. North Hardin Update
Does anyone know if the Gray girl from Clay is related to longtime former coach Donnie Gray at Clay Co.?
-
10th Regional Question
I wish that people would get the blinders off. This is the one and only region in the state that host the region every year at a competitors school. How this even got started is beyond my belief. This has nothing to do with Mason Co. or Montgomery Co., the Fieldhouse or whatever Montgomery decides to call their gym. It is about some form of rotation. People think that this is the only region in the state that has to turn people away at regional tournament games. It is not!!! The other regions don't panic because they turn people away and decide that the tournament should be at the largest gym in the region every year because this is apart of it. In other regions people know the gyms and they know what places they may have to get to a little earlier if they REALLY want to watch the game. Some regional sites may require more travel time, but these people traveling know that eventually it will come closer.
-
What is the rule:
Makes sense:thumb:
-
What is the rule:
This may be the official ruling. At game speed I would say that you are more than likely going to get the time out regardless.
-
Coaching Changes in the 10th Region
I have also heard this one. But I guess no one knows until it is official.