Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

School Board Policy -

Featured Replies

What is the school board policy for students who miss class to go to the Sweet 16?

 

In Scott Co. they will give an excused absence on Wednesday - provided the student has a ticket stub. If we are lucky enough to make it to Friday - Scott Co. will not have school.

 

How do they deal with this issue in the other districts represented at the Sweet 16?

Most schools I know postpone classes for the first day of the tournament.

  • Author

There is a built-in professional development day on the Scott Co. calendar every year on the Friday of the state tournament. This year it was scheduled during the girls state tournament because of the flip-flop. There was an announcement at the pep rally that if we won Wednesday then there would be no school on Friday. Like I said, they give excused absences for students with ticket stubs - and I bet there are no more substitute teachers available on Wednesday...

No school for GRC on Thursday.

When I was a freshman at Apollo back in 90, they let you sign up to ride to Rupp on a school bus, or you could ride up with your parents / whomever. If you elected to actually attend school that day you had to sit in the commons area and watch movies all day. Option three would be to say you were going to the game and just stay home. No ticket stub required.

I know that Montgomery Co. is letting out a half a day early on Thursday for those wanting to attend the Girls' Sweet Sixteen and school was cancelled on Friday regardless I'm pretty sure. I believe school systems should make arrangements for those who want to support their teams. A lot of these teams breathe life into a school, especially teams like Elliot Co. and June Buchanon. I believe that it should be standard practice to make such arrangements.

Years ago when Boyd county made it to State Tournament (Been a long, long time but...) the Superintendent decided to make them attend school...that did not go over well. But hey, he was from WV and he did not realize Basketball tradition at that point.

I am sure that Elliott will shut down. There won't be a teacher, student or administrator in town anyway.

Our school shuts down when our team goes.

Man hard to believe they will have school in Scott Co. while the team is playing in Rupp, the students and teachers not at the game will sure have their mind on getting those test scores up, wait a minute on second thought they really will or they would go to the game. Times like a state tournment, field trips to the zoo, band trips, etc... go hand and hand to a quality education not just cats test scores IMO.

  • Author
Man hard to believe they will have school in Scott Co. while the team is playing in Rupp, the students and teachers not at the game will sure have their mind on getting those test scores up, wait a minute on second thought they really will or they would go to the game. Times like a state tournment, field trips to the zoo, band trips, etc... go hand and hand to a quality education not just cats test scores IMO.

 

It is suprising to me that the district doesn't cancel for $$$ reasons. I would guess that about 20% of the student population will miss school to come to the game. Schools get funding based on attendence numbers. Big Red Nation will be there - no matter what. The SC fans are loyal.:ylsuper:

I guess SC has just gotten use to going to state . No big one.:sleep:

  • Author

We lost the regional championship game last year and the year before.

 

It's big to me and many other fans - and Matt Walls - etc.

I am sure that Elliott will shut down. There won't be a teacher, student or administrator in town anyway.

 

I would say that Sandy Hook will be shut down.:thumb:

Again good luck to Elliott Co.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.