Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby Valley vs. Elliott County, Thursday 6:30

Featured Replies

I hadnt seen a thread about this game so here one is. Let the discussion begin.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Elliott play but from all indications they have a tough team that plays hard. The Faulkner twins are good players I have seen them play with Eddie Fords' teams over the summer.

 

Shelby Valley is a very fine young team that will get after you with a variety of 2-2-1 full court presses...they will deny and then they will let you catch it and randomly trap. The point guard is a very heady player and their bigs are solid. I would say this game will be a close contest. Shelby Valley basically tries to trap you in half court out of the 2-3 set much like South Laurel.

  • Author

This match up is a very intresting one. Elliott County had an aau team from 6th-8th grade that was made up of thier school team. There was a team that they formed a pretty good rival with made up of most of the Shelby Valley kids called East Ky Lighting. With the exception of Matt Clevengar(Pikeville, who didnt play the last two years with them), Tate Cox(June Buchanan), and Garrison Collins(June Buchanan) it was all these same kids. So I thought I would throw that in there.

I will take Elliot County by 6 and the title of "crowd favorite"

The baby faced assassins are coming to Lexington!

Will they have to ride the bus?:D

I don't know much about "the Valley" at all but with the way these kids at Elliot are playing right now I will not go against them.

 

Elliott Co. by 9.

 

I, like fball think that the crowd at Rupp will adopt this team - kind of like the Ky. version of "Hoosiers".

I take Valley by 12pts in a low scoring game.

 

I'll take Elliott by 15 in a high scoring game where Shelby Valley realizes that Rupp Arena is a regulation size court and that there legs are numb for some reason...

Shelby Valley is a very tough team. Won't make no predic., but I hope Elliott by at least a 1/2 a point!!!!!

I'll take Elliott by 15 in a high scoring game where Shelby Valley realizes that Rupp Arena is a regulation size court and that there legs are numb for some reason...
You don't think they know the size of the court ........?? They just played 3 games on the same size court in the Expo that will be in Rupp but better ...... The Expo court is a NBA court ...
I will take Elliot County by 6 and the title of "crowd favorite"

The baby faced assassins are coming to Lexington!

Will they have to ride the bus?:D

 

We are taking camel's, that way we dont have to pack any water!:ylsuper:

I will take Elliot County by 6 and the title of "crowd favorite"

The baby faced assassins are coming to Lexington!Will they have to ride the bus?:D

 

LOL!!! I don't think any of them are shaving yet.

 

I know a little bit about Elliott from years passed and nothing about SV so I won't make a prediction. I will be pulling for the Lions, as will most of Rupp by the second half of this game.

If Elliott plays anything like they did against Ashland, they can beat any team in the state, and I honestly believe that. I plan on attending and can't wait to see how the young boys react to playing in Rupp. Both teams could easily play the first half with the deer-in-the-headlights look, but I'm not sure. Those kids have played a lot of games together and don't seem to feel the pressure of a big game. All of Sandy Hook will be there, and they will be very loud. Faulkner #1 will be the key; if he can run the offense and get the ball to Ferguson, Knipp, Maynard or whomever is hitting, Elliott will be a tough out. I really hope they come out and play well, excite the crowd, and represent the 16th well. They will be a great story to write about, and I'm sure someone is all over it. I'll be rooting for them to win and give the story some extra spice. Good luck Lions!

 

Elliott Co. 72

Shelby Valley 64

The Young Gun's of Ellliot will leave a lasting impression on the fans at Rupp.

 

Elliott 64

Shelby Valley 56

Elliott 65 Shelby Valley 62 with a Maynard 3 to ice it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.