Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

daballer03

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by daballer03

  1. Neither team shot very well from the field or stripe. Either team could have pulled away if their shooting percentage had been even a little better.
  2. Wolfe county played with intensity on both defense and offense. Breathitt seemed somewhat lackadaisical. Even the Breathitt fans looked subdued. Maybe there was a little overconfidence on Breathitt's part?
  3. I don't know what Campbell scored but I heard that Dylan Hayes scored 39!
  4. Wolfe led most of the way but Oneida did lead by a few late in the game. For a time Oneida couldn't seem to miss. Wolfe picked up their defense at the end and began hitting shots.
  5. We awakened to 7 inches of snow in Wolfe Co. this A.M. The roads are too dangerous to travel.
  6. I didn't get a chance to attend. How did the team look?
  7. Having 11 good players in any class would be a nice problem to have. Some smaller schools would love this problem as some have trouble finding 11 total that can play varsity!
  8. Personally I don't like transfers that are all, or even partly, for the reason of participation in sports. I'm a fan of a small school team (county population of around 7000). Our county has no industry to speak of and is unlikely to attract outsiders "for reasons of employment" or for any other reason. As a result the team is home grown. These kids compete against one-another in elem. school and play together in middle school and high school. Every once in a while things come together and it looks as though the team has a chance to compete for the regional title. Unfortunately, there is a regional school that is located in a larger population center that has 1-2 talented players transfer in practically every year because their parents move to that area "for work". Due to this, in my opinion, the team I support looses it's chance to make a trip to Rupp. It's very disheartening to the kids and the fans. I'm sure there are many schools who face this sort of situation. Generally these are smaller schools with little chance of going to state. The fans of these schools will most likely never support the idea of transfers when these transfers seem to most often be tallented players to big schools with winning records! On the other hand, the fans of those teams who frequently benefit from transfers seem very supportive of the idea. I don't think arguing on here is likely to change many minds!
  9. Looks like Owsley is in for a rough year with the 2 Nobles leaving (if they do) and Evans going back to Wolfe. The Owls need a dedicated coach. Even an average one who would stay and develop upcoming talent would be better than a dozen great ones who all leave after one year. Who knows, a coach the kids can count on to stay may encourage more kids to come out and encourage those who do to work harder!
  10. Scratch, any stats for the other games or for any of the other under classmen?
  11. How many of you watched the games today? I saw some really good under classmen. 14th region basketball should be fun next season!
  12. When I attended ALC they were a 2 year school and there were around 80-90 students. During my time there they became a 4 year school and the enrollement rapidly increased.
  13. Wolfe played a good game. Did most everything they needed to do to win. Tied score at the end of the 3rd. Went cold in the 4th and Breathitt outscored them as stated above.
  14. Not quite the double digit, "easy" win that many predicted for Estill!
  15. Estill is a good team. Obviously Owsley has really improved as the season went on.
  16. Thanks Scratch. That explains my misunderstanding. My apologies King.
  17. King, I agree both teams played hard! I recorded the game tonight and just went back to recheck the foul totals. I got a shot of the scoreboard at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. I realize that the score board could be wrong ( sometimes a foul might not get posted) but the board read as follows: 1st half Wolfe 8 fouls, Lee 10 fouls. 2nd half Wolfe 10 fouls, Lee 8 fouls. As I said King certainly could be right and the posted totals wrong but anyway thats why I thougt the foul totals were close.
  18. King, I know we all tend to see things in favor of the team we support. I respectfully disagree with your analysis. Wolfe co. had 1 player who had 4 fouls early in the 4th quarter and several with three. It's true that not many were in foul trouble but Wolfe did play 10-11 deep. The overall foul totals were close. In addition many walks were called on Wolfe and similar incidents were ignored when Lee had the ball. Lee was given possession of the ball several times when it seemed to be a Lee co. player who touched it last as it went out of bounds. Many times a Lee player went over the back of a Wolfe player, making significant contact, to get a rebound and no foul was called. Having said all this, I repeat, our view of things tends to be slanted in favor of the team we support!
  19. Good game. Both teams led at various times. Wolfe pulled ahead in the 4th but Lee fought back. Either team could have won in the last 2 minutes.
  20. Powell defeated Wolfe by 5 points in a very physical game. Wolfe led the entire game until around the last 2 minutes. Although the game was physical the players on both teams handled themselves well. The poor sportsmanship was on the part of Powell county's fans. A Powell player and Wolfe's point guard were going for a loose ball and slid to the side in front of a group of Powell fans( These looked to be highschool girls). One of the girls kicked the wolfe player in the head three times. He had to leave the game briefly due to blurred vision. I had previously heard that powell fans were rude but this went way beyond what is acceptable!
  21. The Owls played well. They were the better team for most of the game. For the first three quarters the Wolves looked flat and disorganized. There were a lot of fouls called on the Owls but they do play a very physical game which tends to lead to fouls being called. Several Owls fouled out and that gave Wolfe the chance to win. In defense of the Wolves, they never quit. Wilson played great!
  22. Proff., This is a district playoff game. The draw was today. Tournament starts 2/25.
  23. This should be a good game. Breathitt won their earlier meeting but not by much. Breathitt's inside game is their strength and could certainly give Wolfe problems. If Wolfe's three point shots fall then this will offset Breathitt's inside play. The game could go either way with the outcome determined by which team is able to impose its will. I'll pick Wolfe in a close one.
  24. Everyone's team of the future is in the 7th grade or 6th or1st or yet to be born, etc.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.