Owsley Co 2008/2009

I agree with you Owlz Fan, and I believe to do it, they must hire within the system to find someone that will stay. I really believed that Doug Noble was the man that would stick with the boys and rebuild the program but I evidentally was fooled. If a coach is not hired within, I think the rollercoaster will continue. It also has to be someone that will be patient because it will not happen overnight. It will take several years to rebuild the Owls back to being a contender in the district and region. When and if they do hire a new coach, the whole boys program needs to be restructured and they need to look for new, enthuastic coaches from the elementary program up to the varsity. This is what happened to the girls program many years ago and with only 6 coaching changes since it begain in 1974, you can see the difference. I hope Owsley finds someone within the district that wants to see the Owls back to their former glory, with district championships again on their banners and regional appearances and state appearances in the All A Classic. I know we have boys with the talent, we just need a dedicated, consistent, patient coach to rebuild and I am confident that the Owsley Administration will back whoever is hired, as long as they are there for "ALL" the players.

I agree with you Owlz Fan, and I believe to do it, they must hire within the system to find someone that will stay. I really believed that Doug Noble was the man that would stick with the boys and rebuild the program but I evidentally was fooled. If a coach is not hired within, I think the rollercoaster will continue. It also has to be someone that will be patient because it will not happen overnight. It will take several years to rebuild the Owls back to being a contender in the district and region. When and if they do hire a new coach, the whole boys program needs to be restructured and they need to look for new, enthuastic coaches from the elementary program up to the varsity. This is what happened to the girls program many years ago and with only 6 coaching changes since it begain in 1974, you can see the difference. I hope Owsley finds someone within the district that wants to see the Owls back to their former glory, with district championships again on their banners and regional appearances and state appearances in the All A Classic. I know we have boys with the talent, we just need a dedicated, consistent, patient coach to rebuild and I am confident that the Owsley Administration will back whoever is hired, as long as they are there for "ALL" the players.

:thumb:

Looks like Owsley is in for a rough year with the 2 Nobles leaving (if they do) and Evans going back to Wolfe. The Owls need a dedicated coach. Even an average one who would stay and develop upcoming talent would be better than a dozen great ones who all leave after one year. Who knows, a coach the kids can count on to stay may encourage more kids to come out and encourage those who do to work harder!

That is very true. There are some people in the school system that could do it too. They would have support too. I know several people that would help them that would not need any pay from the school system just to see the program built back up. I hope this comes to pass.

That is very true. There are some people in the school system that could do it too. They would have support too. I know several people that would help them that would not need any pay from the school system just to see the program built back up. I hope this comes to pass.

Me too!!!!:ylsuper:

Owsley County has several players that will be back from the last few seasons. Look for Junior power forward Timmy Murrell to be a strong force for the Owls, he has good moves around the basket and fights for every rebound. The biggest need for Owsley County is a guard. This season may be a difficult one for the Owls however with the support of the administration and the public the future looks bright for the Owls.

• 2 weeks later...