Perry County Central 56 Knott County Central 54 (OT)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game. Very exciting, and a huge crowd.

Knott Central had a chance to win at the horn but the 3 shot was slightly off. And Perry Central could have had plenty of breathing room if they could have been more accurate from free throw line. Knott Central missed quite a few too. But the pressure of a big game like this can do things like that.

Was a great atmosphere for a great game, but of course it could of been better if the game would of been held at a place where everyone that wanted to could of gotten in to the game. There were people that bought pre-sold tickets that couldn't even get in because it was full. If you can't handle the crowd, you shouldn't be able to host the region. I konw we have talked about this before, but they need to come up with something to take care of this problem. Congrats to the Commodores, great effort from the Patriots.

Congrats to Coach Hatcher and the Dores on a great win . It still amazes me how Coach Hatcher takes these 5 players and 1 sub from the bench and compete at this intense level for the whole regulation game and thru 1 ot. Great job. Knott Co. has had a good season and with the returning players will make another run next year.

Was a great atmosphere for a great game, but of course it could of been better if the game would of been held at a place where everyone that wanted to could of gotten in to the game. There were people that bought pre-sold tickets that couldn't even get in because it was full. If you can't handle the crowd, you shouldn't be able to host the region. I konw we have talked about this before, but they need to come up with something to take care of this problem. Congrats to the Commodores, great effort from the Patriots.

Same thing happens when it's held at Breathitt, Letcher, or Hazard, especially Hazard. And there's not many complaints then. Why single out Powell, especially when their gym actually seats quite a few more fans than Hazard or Letcher, and about the same as Breathitt.

I know many argue that it should be held only at Knott and Perry. Well, those two gyms do seat more people, but would that really be fair to the fans of the rest of the region. I mean, every year the Knott schools and Perry schools (and fans) would have the convience of having the tournament in their back door, while the rest of the region is traveling 1 1/2 to 2 hours to see the games. I don't think it's asking too much to allow Powell and that section of the region to host the tournament once every six years!