Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry County Central 56 Knott County Central 54 (OT)

Featured Replies

Can I ask you which gym in the 14th region will hold 5000 people??

Knott Central seats 5000

Perry Central seats 4000

Powell County seats 3500

Breathitt seats 3500

Letcher Central seats 2700

Hazard seats 2400

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knott Central seats 5000

Perry Central seats 4000

Powell County seats 3500

Breathitt seats 3500

Letcher Central seats 2700

Hazard seats 2400

 

Thats about what I thought. So everywhere wouldve been full that night.

Knott Central seats 5000

Perry Central seats 4000

Powell County seats 3500

Breathitt seats 3500

Letcher Central seats 2700

Hazard seats 2400

Where did these numbers come from?

Where did these numbers come from?

Most are fire marshal figures. Powell's is posted on the wall by the fire marshal. These were numbers I was told by people from Knott and Perry. I'm going on memory...Perry's may be 4200 instead of 4000. Letcher's number was what I was told by an administrator from there when it first opened. In Hazard's case, I took the time to count every roll of seats while our team was having a practice for the regional tournament a few years ago. I came up with 2200, but I have added 200 more to make the adjustment of considering what it would be if people sat very close together (packed), which they don't, but I wanted to give the benifit of the doubt.

Fire marshall had 2200 on Hazard's site last night. LCC's site says 2800 but the school seating is listed at 3500. I love Powell's lighting. Monroe Jones and his staff always work hard to impress.

 

I believe seating is based on 12 inches.

Knott Central seats 5000

Perry Central seats 4000

Powell County seats 3500

Breathitt seats 3500

Letcher Central seats 2700

Hazard seats 2400

 

No way Knott Co. seats 5000. Perry seats 3800. Look at other Regions most of them will play at 2 or 3 different sites. And also Powell Co. needs to keep TOL's on the scoreboard, if you are going to host a region tounrey do it right!! That is the bottom line.

No way Knott Co. seats 5000. Perry seats 3800. Look at other Regions most of them will play at 2 or 3 different sites. And also Powell Co. needs to keep TOL's on the scoreboard, if you are going to host a region tounrey do it right!! That is the bottom line.

 

Posted on another thread that there is also no way Powell seats 3500, our school gym in the 10th region seats 2000 and after being in both gyms, think ours would hold the same amount as Powell's and they would never ever hold the region at our gym.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.