Perry County Central 56 Knott County Central 54 (OT)

Coach Hatcher has done a great job with this team. They will be very tough to beat as they understand the value of each possession.

I realize this is Hatcher's style of coaching, but I thought last night that he could have given some of his players more green light to shoot a few more outside shots. The Amis boys had several open looks and didn't take them. Occasionally Noble will shoot a 3. But it appeared to me that he wants every play to be deliberate, and to attack the basket and score inside. Of course it worked last night and has all year. And it worked for him at Graves County. So a big :thumb:to the man and his methods.

I haven't seen PCC much this year, so maybe it was just how things developed in this particular game. In other games he probably opens it up a little more.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happens when it's held at Breathitt, Letcher, or Hazard, especially Hazard. And there's not many complaints then. Why single out Powell, especially when their gym actually seats quite a few more fans than Hazard or Letcher, and about the same as Breathitt.

I know many argue that it should be held only at Knott and Perry. Well, those two gyms do seat more people, but would that really be fair to the fans of the rest of the region. I mean, every year the Knott schools and Perry schools (and fans) would have the convience of having the tournament in their back door, while the rest of the region is traveling 1 1/2 to 2 hours to see the games. I don't think it's asking too much to allow Powell and that section of the region to host the tournament once every six years!

When was the last time Hazard hosted the region? are they in the roataion? I don't think they are, I had someone tell me they will not be hosting the boys region anymore. Nice old school gym but not fit to hold a region, praking is awful.

When was the last time Hazard hosted the region? are they in the roataion? I don't think they are, I had someone tell me they will not be hosting the boys region anymore. Nice old school gym but not fit to hold a region, praking is awful.

Hazard is still in the rotation and are actually hosting the 14th Region Girls Tournament this year.

Parking is a problem but the folks at Hazard run buses and trolley's to try to accomodate those who do not wish to walk "the hill." Parking is available at various muncipal lots below the gym. If you don't want to walk, catch a bus.

I really wish people would give this thing a rest. There is not a regional arena like the Mountain Expo Center in the 14th Region. All of the hosts have some sort of inconvenience or shortcoming (i.e. parking, size, travel, the crowd being on the floor, etc.) There is not a perfect solution to this problem.

I personally do not believe letting one or even two schools host the tournament year after year is a legitament answer to the problem.

The girls region is there this year. The last time it was at Hazard was 2005.

Must not be too many KCC fans on here because that was one of the worse called games have seen in awhile and haven't read too many complaints. Cox and Stamper both fouled out early in 4th quarter I believe,(Cox for sure) and don't know what the stat line was but sure didn't seem like PCC shot or made many field goals in the entire second half,everything from the foul stripe. Does anyone know how many free throws they shot in the game? Thought there would be a lot upset, evidently not too many KCC fans on here. Great environment, though not impressed with the gym or getting in and out of the parking lot. Whoever said that was the easiest place in the 14th to get out of must park at the church across the street because was easliy a 15 minute wait to just get out of the parking lot not to mention the town.

Must not be too many KCC fans on here because that was one of the worse called games have seen in awhile and haven't read too many complaints. Cox and Stamper both fouled out early in 4th quarter I believe,(Cox for sure) and don't know what the stat line was but sure didn't seem like PCC shot or made many field goals in the entire second half,everything from the foul stripe. Does anyone know how many free throws they shot in the game? Thought there would be a lot upset, evidently not too many KCC fans on here. Great environment, though not impressed with the gym or getting in and out of the parking lot. Whoever said that was the easiest place in the 14th to get out of must park at the church across the street because was easliy a 15 minute wait to just get out of the parking lot not to mention the town.

Don't try and start something that is not true. The game was a great game and the foul's were pretty even. I know Knott had 3 to foul out and Perry had 1 to foul out but the rest of the starter's had 4 fouls for Perry. Hat's off to PCC and KCC, it was a great game for both teams and fans to watch. So let it go this game could have went either way. Go PCC.:thumb:

Don't try and start something that is not true. The game was a great game and the foul's were pretty even. I know Knott had 3 to foul out and Perry had 1 to foul out but the rest of the starter's had 4 fouls for Perry. Hat's off to PCC and KCC, it was a great game for both teams and fans to watch. So let it go this game could have went either way. Go PCC.:thumb:
Did not get the Lexington-Herald the day after this game, but no on has still posted what the free throw differential was in this game. I totally agree was the best game have seen this year and with KCC still having a great chance to win it at the end with their two stars on the bench says a lot.

Did not get the Lexington-Herald the day after this game, but no on has still posted what the free throw differential was in this game. I totally agree was the best game have seen this year and with KCC still having a great chance to win it at the end with their two stars on the bench says a lot.

PCC-shot 39 free throws KCC-shot 15 free throws Also, when did a NBA continuation on a foul become common place in high school basketballl? One of the worst call I ever saw was on that continuation call that allowed the basket and free throw for PCC! Alos, a crucial 3 second call on KCC in overtime with the 3 point shot already in the air and going in the basket!

PCC-shot 39 free throws KCC-shot 15 free throws Also, when did a NBA continuation on a foul become common place in high school basketballl? One of the worst call I ever saw was on that continuation call that allowed the basket and free throw for PCC! Alos, a crucial 3 second call on KCC in overtime with the 3 point shot already in the air and going in the basket!

I'll have to agree those were two unusual calls. I mean, no 3 second calls had been made all night and then one is called near the end of the game, which I believe was a 2 point lead for PCC at the time. It took away a 3 pointer which would have put KCC in the lead. There were several referees and coaches and former coaches sitting around me and all of them said you just don't make that call toward the end of a close game, especially if it was the first time in the game that it was called.

And the continuation foul was odd too. The kid was fouled at the free throw line, then went on to make the layup, and the ref gave him the basket and one. I think that's only permitted in the NBA.

The 3-point attempt during the 3-second call was no good. Also, are the rules ignored just because it's late in the game? Should walks no be called or fouls becasue it's late in the game?

I agree the old-fashioned 3-point play was suspect.

The 3-point attempt during the 3-second call was no good. Also, are the rules ignored just because it's late in the game? Should walks no be called or fouls becasue it's late in the game?

I agree the old-fashioned 3-point play was suspect.

I don't disagree with what you say. Fouls and walks should be called whenever they occur regardless of what moment it is in a game. But I still say it is a little unusual to see a 3 second call made late in a close game, particularly when it hasn't been called another time during the game. I'd say 95% of officials wouldn't have made that call at that time.

And btw, I don't have a dog in the fight. I have friends at both schools and was a very neutral observer.

Was a great atmosphere for a great game, but of course it could of been better if the game would of been held at a place where everyone that wanted to could of gotten in to the game. There were people that bought pre-sold tickets that couldn't even get in because it was full. If you can't handle the crowd, you shouldn't be able to host the region. I konw we have talked about this before, but they need to come up with something to take care of this problem. Congrats to the Commodores, great effort from the Patriots.

Can I ask you which gym in the 14th region will hold 5000 people??