Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. Final Vance Hall a man among boys, Shelby Co is overrated in my opinion.
  2. I think rebounding, limiting second chances will be the tougher task. FC needs to box out big time!!!! Hall needs to use the pull up jumper instead of trying to take to the rack every time. He can get the pull up any time he wants. One Shelby Co defender will not be able to guard him, if he utilizes his entire offensive repertoire.
  3. I do think Franklin County is the underdog in this one, although I believe they are capable of pulling the upset. FC is 12-4 and could easily have two more wins. Clay Co beat them by two as some would argue that FC gave that game away. FC was beaten by St X on a last second "Hail Mary" bank shot. On the road at J-Town, FC was up 5 points midway through the 4th period and some would argue got "homered" in the last few minutes. Again, FC is clearly the underdog (+8 pts) against a very good Shelby Co. team, but at home in their comfort zone with a fired up home crowd, could possibly pull an upset. I would take FC with the points.
  4. Highly touted 8th Region Shelby Co travels to Frankin Co Tuesday. Does FC even have a chance against this 8th region powerhouse? Johnson and Hicks of Shelby Co will be looking get back at FC after losing the last two seasons to the Flyers. FC lost 4 starters to graduation last year. Shelby Co has to be a HUGE favorite in this one!!
  5. I think SC will start picking it up a notch, they will be peaking towards the end of the year.
  6. You left out EJ Fields. I think his home is still in Frankfort.
  7. Great point, never really thought of it from that perspective.
  8. I think it is the home schools choice(2 or 3). IMO I'm not sure you get a better called game with 3 refs. I witnessed an injury play 3 years ago where a kid was at mid court playing defense on the ball, a brutal elbow was thrown knocking the defender to the floor, unconscious with a deep gash above his eye. Surrounded by 3 refs, no foul was called, and play continued to the other end of the floor until a basket was made. I'm sure that the high school refs are all doing the best they can, but I think they are very inconsistent. When I look at how college games are called, I think their is a huge jump in quality compared to high school.
  9. Scott County should be rested after their hectic Holiday Schedule. I expect they will come strong against Male. Scott County as a 15 point favorite.
  10. Back to basketball.........How will the next meeting(s) of these two teams shape up? What adjustments will or should each team make going into the next game(s)? What strategies should each team implement? FC has run the table the last two years in the 41st.........can they do it again this season?
  11. "RockEEEEE" !!!!!!!, played football on scholarship at Louisville 4 years.
  12. Another tough game for Clark Co. Since they are at home ,I'll take Clark by 7.
  13. I'm sure it will, stock up on your Advil.
  14. The 7th is definately very interesting this season. The cliche' typically applies to the 11th as well. The folks in Louisville are definately having fun this season, it appears there are very few gimmes.
  15. Both Hall and Riddle are similar in that they lead with their effort. FC and WHHS will definately meet once more on the hardwood and possibly a 4th time in District. Hills obviously had a good game plan last Saturday. It will be intersting to see what adjustments each team makes in the 3rd and possibly the 4th meeting. The rivalry will them carry over to the baseball diamond. Rumours are that Hall may come out for baseball.
  16. Isn't this a basketball thread? Riddle is without question the best baseball player in the 41st. We're talkin basketball right now. Never said Riddle didn't have heart, he's just not as good as Hall on the hardwood. Now, now , Riddle the best to ever come through Frankfort? Do you know the name Glenn Jones? 3 sport athlete out of Frankfort High, baseball at Morehead State and played triple A ball in the pros. Your makin a tall statement Fastpitch.
  17. I will say it again, without question Vance Hall is the best basketball player in the 41st district. FC is not the team they were last season, but not bad at 11-4. Hall is carrying the load for FC this season and opponents game plans are designed around stopping him. It is also very is easy to differentiate that FC ' s schedule is much more difficult than Western Hills. I'm not knocking Riddle, he is a good player, but not the player in my opinion Hall is.
  18. Do you think J-Town deserves#1? Lex Cath and Lafayette have solid teams.
  19. Was not at the game, but Vance Hall had to have a bit of an off night as he only scored 12. At 11-4 led by Hall's 25 points per game, the Flyers are doing pretty well cosidering the players they lost last year. It has been over two seasons since Western Hills has defeated County. IMO Hall is without question the best player in the 41st District, and for FC to win with Hall having an off night at their gym has to be frustrating for Western Hills.
  20. I'm told he was not hurt. I heard he had issues with the coaching staff. Don't know details. Hope they get worked out as Bell has huge upside. Once he learns how to play hard all the time he will be really good. A past example of this was Barrett Meyer. He was basically the coaching staff's wippin boy soph and JR years. They were trying to motivate him to play hard on defense all the time, he finally learned and it is paying off as he starts as a freshman for Transylvania and has played consistently well, especially on defense. The strength for FC's coaching staff is teaching man defense.
  21. What's up with GeLawn?????? Discipline and only 3 pts. Poor showing for the # 1 rated player in the state preseason.
  22. We are at the half way point in the season. Vance Hall was rated low top 10 in the 11th region with several underclassmen rated above him. Here are his stats at the midway point: Team Record 10-4 points per game 26+ FG% 57.6% 3pt % 46.2% FT% 81.3% Rebounds 6.8 per game How does Vance stack up with other top players around the state, and what would be his "best fit" at a next level?
  23. I agree, would be a very good starting 5. My question to you Doc, is if the economy had not gone south, would most of these players still be at Rose Hill?
  24. If this is true, I can't disagree with you. No doubt this kid is a very good high school basketball player. Obviously against Trinity he had a big night, but I have noticed he has had quite a few low output games scoring wise. Haven't seen any of his games but in those low output games he must not have been able to get to the rim any time he wanted. Bottom line is that I agree with the poster that said he needs to develop a real good outside game to be a complete player. Currently he is over-hyped, but if he works in the offseason like say a, Shelvin Mack, and develop a complete set of skills to go along with the quickness and athletic ability, then he could have a chance to be an impact player at the next level.
  25. Not much talk about Scott County of late. It seems all the talk has been about the 7th region teams. I expect when Scott County gets back to Kentucky they will start making noise. I know Ballard clipped them early in the year, but they have a lot of talent and expectations are extremely high.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.