Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin County 50 Western Hills 45

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. Both teams played tough. As usual it came down to free throws and missed layups for both teams. Franklin edged it out by being a little more aggressive.

Vance Hall and Brandon Jennels both with 12 points. Sean Thompson and Eric Meyer with good games off the bench. Good win by the Flyers. :dancingpa

I noticed William Bell for FC did not play a lot. Was he hurt?

I noticed William Bell for FC did not play a lot. Was he hurt?

 

I'm told he was not hurt. I heard he had issues with the coaching staff. Don't know details. Hope they get worked out as Bell has huge upside. Once he learns how to play hard all the time he will be really good.

 

A past example of this was Barrett Meyer. He was basically the coaching staff's wippin boy soph and JR years. They were trying to motivate him to play hard on defense all the time, he finally learned and it is paying off as he starts as a freshman for Transylvania and has played consistently well, especially on defense.

 

The strength for FC's coaching staff is teaching man defense.

Edited by FANOFTHE11th

Was not at the game, but Vance Hall had to have a bit of an off night as he only scored 12. At 11-4 led by Hall's 25 points per game, the Flyers are doing pretty well cosidering the players they lost last year. It has been over two seasons since Western Hills has defeated County.

 

IMO Hall is without question the best player in the 41st District, and for FC to win with Hall having an off night at their gym has to be frustrating for Western Hills.

Was not at the game, but Vance Hall had to have a bit of an off night as he only scored 12. At 11-4 led by Hall's 25 points per game, the Flyers are doing pretty well cosidering the players they lost last year. It has been over two seasons since Western Hills has defeated County.

 

IMO Hall is without question the best player in the 41st District, and for FC to win with Hall having an off night at their gym has to be frustrating for Western Hills.

 

"Without Question" I dont know about that statement. Vance is outstanding dont get me wrong. JT Riddle is a great athlete at hills his average is the same or better than Vance. The game comes natural to him. He gets no publicity. He is also a two sport athlete that has allready signed with UK for baseball.

Edited by WCM
replace word that was filtered

[/b]

 

"Without Question" I dont know about that statement. Vance is outstanding dont get me wrong. JT Riddle is a great athlete at hills his average is the same or better than Vance. The game comes natural to him. He gets no publicity. He is also a two sport athlete that has allready signed with UK for baseball.

 

I will say it again, without question Vance Hall is the best basketball player in the 41st district. FC is not the team they were last season, but not bad at 11-4. Hall is carrying the load for FC this season and opponents game plans are designed around stopping him. It is also very is easy to differentiate that FC ' s schedule is much more difficult than Western Hills. I'm not knocking Riddle, he is a good player, but not the player in my opinion Hall is.

I will say it again, without question Vance Hall is the best basketball player in the 41st district. FC is not the team they were last season, but not bad at 11-4. Hall is carrying the load for FC this season and opponents game plans are designed around stopping him. It is also very is easy to differentiate that FC ' s schedule is much more difficult than Western Hills. I'm not knocking Riddle, he is a good player, but not the player in my opinion Hall is.

 

^ I totally agree. And like you said, not a knock on Riddle at all.

I agree with this as well. I saw Riddle this year before Hall and thought he was the best in the district. Then I saw Hall and was very impressed. While I think both teams would suffer greatly without either one of them I just think Hall has a better overall game - handling the ball, rebounding, etc. Riddle needs his coach to help him score (meaning the offense setting up plays for him) but I think Hall can create his own offense. And this is by no means a knock on Riddle - he is a great high school basketball player.

I'll take Riddle any day. Just plays with such heart and compsure. He could possibly be the best athlete ever to come through Frankfort. He is carrying his young team which lost 7 seniors last year and he is going to college to play major division 1 baseball, not basketball.

 

And that is no knock on Hall, he is very talented.

I'll take Riddle any day. Just plays with such heart and compsure. He could possibly be the best athlete ever to come through Frankfort. He is carrying his young team which lost 7 seniors last year and he is going to college to play major division 1 baseball, not basketball.

 

And that is no knock on Hall, he is very talented.

 

Isn't this a basketball thread? Riddle is without question the best baseball player in the 41st. We're talkin basketball right now. Never said Riddle didn't have heart, he's just not as good as Hall on the hardwood.

 

Now, now , Riddle the best to ever come through Frankfort? Do you know the name Glenn Jones? 3 sport athlete out of Frankfort High, baseball at Morehead State and played triple A ball in the pros.

 

Your makin a tall statement Fastpitch.

I'll take Riddle any day. Just plays with such heart and compsure. He could possibly be the best athlete ever to come through Frankfort. He is carrying his young team which lost 7 seniors last year and he is going to college to play major division 1 baseball, not basketball.

 

And that is no knock on Hall, he is very talented.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Really are you serious, either you are young or havent lived in Frankfort very long. Roni Robinson is without a doubt the best athlete to come through this town. I would even say JT isnt the best athlete to go through Western Hills, that would be Byron Woodard. JT is a good athlete but come on Roni was runner up for Mr. Football and Mr. Basketball his senior year.

I'll take Riddle any day. Just plays with such heart and compsure. He could possibly be the best athlete ever to come through Frankfort. He is carrying his young team which lost 7 seniors last year and he is going to college to play major division 1 baseball, not basketball.

 

And that is no knock on Hall, he is very talented.

 

Hall lost 7 seniors off a Top 10 team. Riddle lost seniors off a mediocre team so your argument there is very invalid. To say JT is the best athlete to come out of Frankfort is absurd, like MooreMiller31 said Roni Robinson would be. You also are forgetting athletes such as Steve Campassi. Hall is the best player in the 41st hands down, no knock on JT.

I don't know Glen that well. I would agree that Roni and Byron had great potential but honestly did either of them play athletics at a high college level? You have to ask why?

 

Vance and JT both get it done on the court, in the classroom and in the community thus the reason for my statement. Both of these guys are quality young men who will far exceed those that went before them because of that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.