Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WoodyJr

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WoodyJr

  1. Thanks for the feedback :thumb: I didnt get to see him against Ashland in last yrs playoffs but folks were impressed, he had a ton of yardage - some big INT's as well but he was only a freshman. Wasn't sure if they just couldnt run against Ashland or if he did that all the time. Sounds like Bell & Rock have something to watch out for there;) Woody Jr
  2. I don't know of anyone else who uses our name: The Ashland Tomcats But we've always been Maroon- no blue at all. Could the colors have been off on the camera or changed over the years? I know nothing about film. if it was 1988, then PM onetoya on here and he for sure can tell you if Ashland scrimmaged Rock back them. FYI: the HC for us then was Vic Marsh Another consideration is if it's a team from Tenn or WV, or jerseys borrowed at a camp setting. Good luck, Woody Jr
  3. How about the youngster from Clay Co? Not sure how to value a wide open throwing offense in evaluating a QB but he may have some gaudy #'s this season Anyone more familiar with him? Woody Jr
  4. 1A gets a little more heft to it with Coach J and the Panthers back in it:D in 2A I guess the OC could just go to Newport every other year and play that winner for the title 3A a Real Nice Class - taking the best of 2A with some good ones of 3A would make a really nice competitive class IMO:thumb: 4A keeps some of the strongest 3A teams and adds in some of the bigger schools. I'm not familiar with the strength of those programs recently & this classification would lose some of it's "name" powers down to 3A. As an Ashland fan, I do recall playing Lincoln Co in the 3A title game yrs ago and of course remember the glory years of BS - battling the defenders in the playoffs alot. 5A no real change as far as the "issues" for those teams it seems. Im sure others will comment :thumb: Great work Sandman Im for the 5 divisions - which I stated long ago before seeing your breakdown. What are your thoughts on these options? if you have any brain cells left from all this work that is :thumb: :sleep: :sleep: Woody Jr
  5. Even though I don't know all the teams I'll make an observation: At first glance the 3A might be a little weak? - you have Russell, Belfry, (mercerberg should move up?), & I guess Tilghman 4A is flat out scary, I mean wicked scary :scared: :fire: 5A has maybe the nicest spread of new teams, plus some definite strength at the top end (which is to be figured). As an Ashland fan it doesnt give us much in the way of natural matchups or games likely to draw a crowd IMO. Other than J.Central (1 hr trip) all the others are a 2+ hour trip. I'm sure that other teams out in the state may have similar issues, but the smaller the class, the more likely that travel will be an issue for everyone outside the triangle corners. I suppose if the district is only 4 teams that allows you to schedule more natural rivals & money opportunities, but if the districts are bigger it could be a problem $wise IMO. 6A - whadda ya gonna do? Who knows:confused: thanx sandman, Woody Jr
  6. Great work Sandman. Just to begin it looks like the combination of Mercer & Harrodsburg puts them at 500 - just below Hoptown/Cov Holmes and above Pulaski Co/So Oldham If Cawood, Evarts & Cumberland were combined that would put them at 718 - just below Marshall Co/Simon Kenton and above No Hardin/Butler The earlier talk about a 16 team division definitely looks tough to do at the top. From your early numbers that is Conner but there are so many other schools with numbers close that it doesnt look like a natural or common sense break to use IMO. There is a small break in #'s after Boone (#25 on the list) or you could include Male (#27) to keep some tradition in the division. I understand why you gave us an example with Dixie in the top division (I believe) but to me it doesnt look like that is a good place for a break [i DO realize they have to break it somewhere and that we can't always make a natural division, # wise between certain school in seperate classifications]. Also I just dont think the 38 team setup "appears" to solve the #'s discrepancy issue - the top team has way more than double the #'s that the bottom team does. I'm not challenging Dixie's performances in any way, just talking from a pure logical #'s viewpoint. I bring these points up only to add to the discussion - b/c I do not have a great solution here either:sssh: Just from an overall look, not trying to see how this makes anyone more or less competitive wise - I sorta do not like the looks of only 38 +/- teams in a division. It seems very diluted to me. I have no idea how many there are now, this could be almost the same & I just don't realize it - but with 38 teams we are talking basically only what equates to a little more than just the teams involved in basketball's 16 regional finals games (that plus 6). WITHOUT looking to see how it effects YOUR team's ability to win a title, etc. - how do others feel about the # of teams in a division? Again, thanks to sandman for more of his great work:thumb: it's a great help to all of us. None of my comments are meant as a slam towards your effort or anyones team. Cheers, Woody Jr
  7. Im guessing that wont do much for the jealousy issue :sssh: Woody Jr
  8. Good question but I dont have the figures. Im not sure if those are posted or iif what Sandman used were adjusted? You could Pm him and check to see about that factor. Highlands does not play up. No one plays up anymore to my knowledge.(if you are referring to the current/recent setup) I believe KHSAA changed that around 1989?? (someone else probably knows for sure) Ashland had played up in the higher division for years against Boone Co, etc until the KHSAA eliminated that option and we were dropped to 3A where we belonged. Woody Jr well I just see that others are on top of things here
  9. :thumb: Sandman Yep, like the amount of fussin & fightin on here when this years new playoff change was announced. As I said initially on here I figured KHSAA did not put all 8 regions in the draw for a rational reason, yet so many wanted to claim a conspiracy. So many folks "seem" to only view these things through their own personal schools perspective and often get paranoid anytime change is made. Gosh, it's HS football - not life or death. Again, good work on listing the potential class breakdown. Everyone should take a look a that before making a reflexive judgement - and especially before posting on BGP:thumb: :laugh: Cheers, Woody Jr
  10. :laugh: :laugh: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :sssh: :sssh: :devil: Woody Jr
  11. :thumb: :thumb: CC, We've all heard the horror stories of how school systems dispense "justice" suspensions for 6yo's saying I love you, having aspirins, etc. while on the other hand students can have sex during the middle of a class:scared: The idea is well meaning, but I simply don't have a lot of faith in school administrators generally to respond appropriately (maybe b/c of policies) Woody Jr
  12. Thanks Sandman, I had been looking for your post on that to show Fan the answers (due to your fine work!) Don't you find it interesting that this assumption about both Cov Cath AND Highlands having large #'s keeps coming up over and over on here?:confused: Many people apparently seem to believe that because CCH & HHS have approximately the same number of state titles in a time span as Trinity and St. X, this means they have the larger # of students (3A wise) & somewhat similarly an unfair advantage like X & T do. HHS and CCH do NOT have a numbers advantage over their competition like X and T do, yet have dominated the title race in their class almost the same way. Funny how we don't have the ruckus raised about that N.KY dominance in 3A like we do the Louisville dominance in 4A ...........hummmm:sssh: Cheers, Woody Jr
  13. Are we going to test the teachers, coaches, administrators? I bet their unions would fight it right? I just have some problem forcing kids to be tested when the adults can weasel their way out of it Woody Jr
  14. Here's a Tomcat who has always followed, enjoyed, and respected the Ram football program - from peewee on up:thumb: ...and good natured ribbing with those in orange Cheers, Woody Jr
  15. Lets hear some more about you westerners:thumb: Isn't Hoptown going to be pretty good too? and excuse me Boyle of course! Woody Jr
  16. Even though THE State Championship may be Boone vs a Big 3 ...... AA championship will possibly have a different flavor because Newport & the Trailblazers are opposite Russell & Belfry now. That ought to give the AA folks a new look at things:thumb: Even though it was all done b/c of "other" reasons;) AAA should be fantastic this year! The overall strength is really going to be fun to watch IMO. Rock should be #1 I think, but a bunch of teams can argue otherwise with very good reasons to back them up. Lex Cath, Highlands, CovCath, plus improved Bell, Ashland, JCentral, Clay, just on the East side of town:thumb: Dont rip me, just add who I left out. A - I leave to others ... Woody Jr
  17. ........I wasn't too far off, was I ?? 05-10-2006, 12:48 PM #120 Quote: Originally Posted by Hogtown Pride Plan that has been in the works is: Harrodsburg and Mercer County will merge effective July 1, 2006. Students will remain in their same school buildings until the new high school is built and ready to open in August 2008. The sports teams will merge together effective July 1, 2006. There will be no more Harrodsburg High School Sports teams. Students from each school will be getting together in the next couple of weeks to select a new mascot and team colors. The new and IMPROVED Mercer Sports Teams in the fall will be playing as a new mascot and with new team colors. What are the odds that "Titans" is one of the choices ? Woody Jr
  18. You know football coaches. JUST helmets and shoulder pads can equal: Everyone keep their feet, no contact below the waist, but let's get a good pop, some engagement, etc. Ya know, just to get a feel of the process, and what it is were trying to achieve here ........ ;) ;) Woody Jr
  19. I would lose about 10-15 mph if I did that :lol:
  20. 12 weeks from today : Starts the FIRST regular season week of practice for a game
  21. Are we talking about the "R" word ?:sssh: Does that really go on down there? Cheers, Woody Jr
  22. Ohhhhh better not let Chuck see this :fight: :laugh: :lol: :lol:
  23. Hes talking about Michael not Chuck Remember when the famous call: "They can't stop the big boy!" was screamed over the air against Cov Cath :lol: Woody Jr
  24. There you go ONE :thumb: :thumb: I've just been sitting here watching the young pups talk about "history?":p :confused: and not wanting to post those and make myself look/feel so old :creepy: Jason Nichols was pretty good as well - Ironton could substantiate that opinion I bet:ylsuper: Woody Jr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.