Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. Trailblazers?

Featured Replies

New Mercer Co. name, what does everybody think?

Who will decide on the new nickname? The admins, the BOE or the students? I think the students should decide from a list of approved and suggested names.

  • Author

Panel of students, with some supervision, have already picked Trailblazers. Sounds alot like a Pioneer.

Why are they changing mascots? I thought Mercer was just absorbing the other school and this was not a merger into a new school.

  • Author

Changing Mascot was part of "merger" agreement, I believe, everything else stays about the same.

There was a committee of about 40 students (equal amount from each school) that met for two days last week with an independent source. There were lots of mascot names mentioned, but the two that were voted on by the students were "Trailblazers" and "Titans". The students do not have the final say, the newly combined school board members will be making the final decision. Nothing has officially been announced yet.

There was a committee of about 40 students (equal amount from each school) that met for two days last week with an independent source. There were lots of mascot names mentioned, but the two that were voted on by the students were "Trailblazers" and "Titans". The students do not have the final say, the newly combined school board members will be making the final decision. Nothing has officially been announced yet.

 

 

........I wasn't too far off, was I ??

 

05-10-2006, 12:48 PM #120

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogtown Pride

Plan that has been in the works is:

Harrodsburg and Mercer County will merge effective July 1, 2006. Students will remain in their same school buildings until the new high school is built and ready to open in August 2008. The sports teams will merge together effective July 1, 2006. There will be no more Harrodsburg High School Sports teams. Students from each school will be getting together in the next couple of weeks to select a new mascot and team colors. The new and IMPROVED Mercer Sports Teams in the fall will be playing as a new mascot and with new team colors.

 

 

What are the odds that "Titans" is one of the choices ?

Woody Jr

Trailblazers is awful...

I hope that they pick Titans, although if they go with Trailblazers maybe Chevy would build them a new stadium! HA HA HA.

I hope that they pick Titans, although if they go with Trailblazers maybe Chevy would build them a new stadium! HA HA HA.

 

 

The Mercer Trailblazers, .... LIKE A ROCK!!! Not a bad motto! :D

That's pretty bad! The only thing that comes to my mind is the Portland Trailblazers who are a bunch of criminals!

That's pretty bad! The only thing that comes to my mind is the Portland Trailblazers who are a bunch of criminals!

 

 

Im sure theres plenty of us who could have thought of a better name, but we're all going to be a little biased to what WE think sounds good. It's not our school, it's the kids..and whatever they choose on, as long as its within reason and not totally ridiculous, then, should be the name. I kinda like the "Trail Blazers". I think it's a name that will grow on people..my only thing, is that, in time, they will turn into just, the "Blazers" and not "Trail Blazers". Which, actually, I like the sounds of that better.

 

I agree with you about Portland, though, those Trail Blazers seem to be nothin but a bunch of criminals.

 

..If Im not mistaken, I believe, UAB started out as the Trail Blazers, and now they're pretty much just known as the "Blazers".

Im sure theres plenty of us who could have thought of a better name, but we're all going to be a little biased to what WE think sounds good. It's not our school, it's the kids..and whatever they choose on, as long as its within reason and not totally ridiculous, then, should be the name. I kinda like the "Trail Blazers". I think it's a name that will grow on people..my only thing, is that, in time, they will turn into just, the "Blazers" and not "Trail Blazers". Which, actually, I like the sounds of that better.

 

I agree with you about Portland, though, those Trail Blazers seem to be nothin but a bunch of criminals.

 

..If Im not mistaken, I believe, UAB started out as the Trail Blazers, and now they're pretty much just known as the "Blazers".

 

If the name means something to those in Mercer County, than I am all for it. Great post BP! :thumb:

Why not the Rons or the Roys? Why not show off the tech side of the school and be called the Flashing Cursors?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.