How will 2006 compare to 2005 in the Bluegrass???

With the 2006 football season coming up fairly soon, let's hear some thoughts about how the upcoming 2006 season will be similar/different from 2005. How will the overall quality of football being played compare? Will this year see more football talent across the state, or less?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the State Championship will pit Boone County against one of the Big III.

Even though THE State Championship may be Boone vs a Big 3 ......

AA championship will possibly have a different flavor because Newport & the Trailblazers are opposite Russell & Belfry now. That ought to give the AA folks a new look at things:thumb: Even though it was all done b/c of "other" reasons;) ;)

AAA should be fantastic this year! The overall strength is really going to be fun to watch IMO. Rock should be #1 I think, but a bunch of teams can argue otherwise with very good reasons to back them up. Lex Cath, Highlands, CovCath, plus improved Bell, Ashland, JCentral, Clay, just on the East side of town:thumb:

Dont rip me, just add who I left out.

A - I leave to others ...

Woody Jr

So BC is going to represent the rest of the world against the 'ville already huh?

And here I thought that we were District Champs last season. Pardon me if I don't jump on the preverbial BC bandwagon...:D I think Dixie has a better shot at getting to the dance this year. Third time's a charm.:p

Even though THE State Championship may be Boone vs a Big 3 ......

AA championship will possibly have a different flavor because Newport & the Trailblazers are opposite Russell & Belfry now. That ought to give the AA folks a new look at things:thumb: Even though it was all done b/c of "other" reasons;) ;)

AAA should be fantastic this year! The overall strength is really going to be fun to watch IMO. Rock should be #1 I think, but a bunch of teams can argue otherwise with very good reasons to back them up. Lex Cath, Highlands, CovCath, plus improved Bell, Ashland, JCentral, Clay, just on the East side of town:thumb:

Dont rip me, just add who I left out.

A - I leave to others ...

Woody Jr

I would argue that Bowling Green should be No.1 in AAA. They return a ton of talent from last year.

I would argue that Bowling Green should be No.1 in AAA. They return a ton of talent from last year.

Lets hear some more about you westerners:thumb:

Isn't Hoptown going to be pretty good too?

and excuse me Boyle of course!

Woody Jr

Hoptown looks to be loaded. Some are saying that this could be the fastest team they have ever had. Rumors are flying about an impact transfer from Tenn. If this rumor is true and it appears like it is, Hoptown will be and even harder out for anybody in 3A.

So BC is going to represent the rest of the world against the 'ville already huh?

And here I thought that we were District Champs last season. Pardon me if I don't jump on the preverbial BC bandwagon...:D I think Dixie has a better shot at getting to the dance this year. Third time's a charm.:p

I am going by the History of Boone representing the state in the finals....and the fact that the Rebels always seem to be at their best in November and not September and October.

Lets hear some more about you westerners:thumb:

Isn't Hoptown going to be pretty good too?

and excuse me Boyle of course!

Woody Jr

Owensboro and Apollo will be pretty good this year. Owensboro played a lot of underclassmen and they gained a ton of experience. They have some big numbers this year on the team. They almost pulled the big upset last year against Henderson Co. Coach Prince will have them ready. Apollo has some talent with Ben Duvall leading the pack. Also they have a Thompson kid that is supposed to be a real hard hitter and has some good skills. Many may remember Duvall from the state basketball finals. Coach Carlsburg is getting them where they need to be...Daviess Co has a new coach in Kimbrell (sp). He may have more numbers this year and that program will get better as the year goes. Owensboro Catholic with the new field and the air attack will continue to be a factor in 2A. They have a top notch lineman in the Millay kid who is getting tons of attention from about every school that is big time college football.

I am going by the History of Boone representing the state in the finals....and the fact that the Rebels always seem to be at their best in November and not September and October.

True, but we basically just got here (in 4A) and our district is pretty young too. I think the Rebels will be very good this year, just not as good as us.

True, but we basically just got here (in 4A) and our district is pretty young too. I think the Rebels will be very good this year, just not as good as us.

What you say is usually true on paper the past few years. However the Rebels seem to play better on the field come crunch time. I know a number of fans looks to the defeat of Trinity as a milestone in Dixie's development, yet once again Boone came out of NKY 4A. Boone County is the "Big One" in NKY 4A football.