Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. 1) Again, I do not do V basketball games, so no need for a focus change. No, I do not "worry" about the duration of a JV game because it is called in an efficient manner, unlike some refs that take JV games past the starting time of V games. I have no need to reevaluate my officiating priorities at all. I rarely if ever have received a complaint in JV basketball games. But yes, the JV games I officiate move in a timely, fairly called and smooth manner because that's the way I want it to be. 2) I am licensed by the state in three sports, have been for years. I am not a member of the "Region" association but I am a member of our local association and am in very good standing. I will tell you that I am in no way jeopardizing anything by making sure JV basketball games move along at a good pace. Actually I receive many thanks from visiting and even losing coaches on my superior JV officiating skills. Thanks for your concern though.
  2. Most JV & Freshman referees I know have no interest whatsoever in officiating varsity games. I do it myself. I officiate every sport in our county from elementary to JV. I also umpire varsity HS softball. I enjoy traveling with friends and attending all varsity football & basketball games. If I join our association, that wouldn't be possible. Keep in mind that when a JV game is being played, there are many more violations (most of the time) than in a varsity game. There are only two officials. Time is important. Most of the time you want to make sure the shooter is protected while letting most ticky fouls go. It's also nice if you can stay out of the bonus. Not many people are interested in JV teams having a foul shooting contest. Right? I have officiated from both the stands and the fields/courts, trust me, it's much easier from the stands.
  3. You are correct Les, I am upset. Just as you would be if the tourney was going to be played at an arena in Manchester. $9 a ticket for one game is too much. Just because there won't be a split session does not mean EVERYBODY will want to watch two games.
  4. :laugh:No Les, it does not "add up". The majority of attendees will watch one game and drive home. Let's say Harlan City loses in the first game to South Laurel. Do most Harlan fans stay to watch Whitley beat Corbin, or do they pass on the second game in order to make it home at a decent hour? A family of four now has $32 in one game. It's a win/win for Corbin City, they now reap the benefits of every regional tournament. Cities like Manchester, Harlan, London and so on will now be left out of any revenue generated by the tourney. I don't like it.
  5. Before starting Middle School (1991 I think) Clay County had 8 Grade Schools feeding the freshman programs. Bobby Kieth had 8 point guards trying out for the starting freshman team. Eugene Hensley had 8 quarterbacks competing for the QB1 spot on the freshman squad. The same goes for EVERY position. Now Clay has one Middle School feeding. Our 8th grade football team will have around 23players as well as the 7th. Some of the 7th graders will play on the 8th grade team (whatever it takes to win). Some years the 8th grade QB won't even play football as a freshman and that class has no QB. We can't even field a freshman team! Our participation numbers have steadily dropped since the Middle School opened. Sadly, so has our competitiveness. With one Middle School feeding, we've been weeding players out after the 6th grade. This cannot be good. I know winning is important for Middle School coaches and players, but if I were over the PROGRAM I would consider insisting the MS football coach start 22 players every game and NEVER move a 7th grader up. I would also insist that there be two QB1's that got equal playing time. Does this sound too drastic?
  6. Surely you guys can come up with something positive to say.
  7. North Laurel was "legitmately" beaten by every team they lost to this year. NL, like Clay, started out pretty good but ended up having a disappointing season. Both teams are firmly planted at the bottom of the district right now...Better go to work guys or the NL-Clay game will become the one that desides who's last every year.
  8. I would have posted earlier but I've been busy eating crow...And it tastes terrible.:puke: I got to hand it to the Jaguars & staff. They came ready and had a plan. It looked like the jags forced Clay to throw the ball early by crowding the box. Clay couldn't get a string of completions and it was all down hill from there. Lots of turnovers and bad decisions. Clay looked dead on their feet and not at all enthused from the beginning. I saw a lot of head-hanging and bickering on the sideline. Clay needs to put this game behind them, the schedule keeps getting tougher. Is there any way I can blame this on the refs? Oh! Happy Anniversary!
  9. This was a total annihilation. If I'm not mistaken, SL got their first first down with about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter. Before Clay went to mercy-mode, SL only had two first downs. The sap left Clay's offense when the second half flags started flying.
  10. And one more thing...How did you know my name is Homer, and that I'm big?
  11. Since South is "finally getting healthy" I'll say 55 then.
  12. There's not a team in Laurel County that can deal with Clay this year. Clay 56 SL 15
  13. May have waited one play too late to tell the JV guys to get a knee. It's hard to keep a bunch of freshman out of the end zone when they're close enough to smell it. Could be some bad blood too. I remember LC ringing up their 51st point with less than a minute to go at Clay about 4 or 5 years ago.
  14. HUGE?? Season defining??
  15. Nope. It's Noah Reid. Kendal is basketball only.
  16. I thought Hooker improved each quarter tonight. If he continues to improve, he will indeed be a big time prospect. Clay looked good across the board for a first game. The trio of Hooker, Miller & Reid is impressive.
  17. Not much offense from any Camper in this one.
  18. Final in the Pioneer Bowl.
  19. You're basing a lot on one baseball game. I hope MLB don't inherit your method of analyzing baseball teams.
  20. I was at the game and it wasn't really what you would call "hack-a-shaq" strategy. LC didn't have an answer for Polson. They did a decent job keeping it out of his hands in the third quarter but he finally started coming up with it and LC couldn't stop him. Polson dribbled through their double teams and they had no other choice but to foul him. The only reason I wouldn't call it "hack-a-shaq" strategy is because they were not intentionally fouling him. The refs were a little inconsistant but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. I was impressed with Polson and his teammates. Does Polson always play that well? He is by far the best guard I've seen this year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.