Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 33 Clay County 8

Featured Replies

Another upset for the Jaguars who open up district play 1-0 and improve to 4-1 on the season.

Man, I ahve got to stop picking against Chris. He is killing me.

  • Author

I picked this upset. I didn't think there would be a 25 point spread, .. but North Laurel is much better than many were giving them credit for after losing at Corbin.

 

Larkey likes being the underdog and his kids seem to respond. He had 2 weeks to prepare for the Tigers and he and his defensive coordinator Coach Sams did a TREMENDOUS job in having the Jags ready.

 

Like Les said, ... Clay County is a very good team.

  • Author
Man, I ahve got to stop picking against Chris. He is killing me.

 

He likes being the underdog.

I'm not totally sure I would call this an upset.

  • Author
I'm not totally sure I would call this an upset.

 

I believe over 70% on the poll thought Clay would win, and many predicted handily based on common opponents. North won very close games with South and Knox Central whereas Clay County won pretty decisively in both games. I think that North is on the verge of having a very special season. Tied for the best start in the first 5 games at 4-1.

I believe over 70% on the poll thought Clay would win, and many predicted handily based on common opponents. North won very close games with South and Knox Central whereas Clay County won pretty decisively in both games. I think that North is on the verge of having a very special season. Tied for the best start in the first 5 games at 4-1.

 

I definitely understand your point. But it just seems like it's clicking for North Laurel this year. I'm not surprised.

 

By the way, all six teams in this district seems capable of making a run.

North Laurel fans have to be happy with the product on the field thus far. How many wins did they get last year?

North Laurel fans have to be happy with the product on the field thus far. How many wins did they get last year?

 

2-8 last season, 29-63 over the last nine years with no playoff appearances since 2004.

  • Author
North Laurel fans have to be happy with the product on the field thus far. How many wins did they get last year?

 

Yes they are. Chris Larkey is proving that he was ready for the challenge of being a head coach. He was the right guy for this job at the right time.

 

North has had talent. The junior and senior classes at North are pretty solid. But the past few years they were young, would hang around in most games for a while, but couldn't get the W over the good teams. They have taken several major steps forward.

 

Coach Sams (defensive coordinator) has really impressed me with the improvements they have made on the defensive side of the ball as well. The kids have responded to this staff and the coaches seem to get along very well.

Coach Sams (defensive coordinator) has really impressed me with the improvements they have made on the defensive side of the ball as well. The kids have responded to this staff and the coaches seem to get along very well.

 

I thought Sams was doing a nice job building from absolutely nothing at Muhlenberg North the past couple of seasons and when that school closed, North Laurel picked up a gem. I believe he is from Corbin, correct?

  • Author
I thought Sams was doing a nice job building from absolutely nothing at Muhlenberg North the past couple of seasons and when that school closed, North Laurel picked up a gem. I believe he is from Corbin, correct?

 

You got it. Great guy. I saw him at practice and let me tell you, you can hear him all over the field. If you miss an assignment OR make a good play, you will hear it. He is able to get the kids' attention as Larkey does. I am tickled to death to see how well he has done, and he had a very short period to work with the kids, only being hired (I believe) at the very end of the school year and not getting any spring ball with the players. He is pushing the right buttons and the defense is starting to click. I did not think they would hold Clay to 8 points or win by 25, ... I am impressed.

  • Author

I wonder if Skinpig can give us more details on this one. I did not get to attend as it was my wedding anniversary so my wife and I were out on the town.

Great win for Coach Chris. I got to see you play this week since the Rock went to Bell and I am glad I didn't make the trip. Same old person that coached me and acts the same, just more calm now. I am so glad to see you doing good. I love seeing our old plays and I actually called a few from the stands. We miss you at the Rock, just isn't the same. Good luck next week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.