Everything posted by BigStud
-
Today at CCH Team Day two kid runs a 4.3!!!!
Why is a 4.5 a stretch? Also when you compare 100 meter dash times in state rankings to 40 times I don't think some people are giving athletes in KY enough credit. I bet there are more 4.3-4.5 guys in this state than some are saying. If I read UK's page right Duran Jefferson was clocked under a 4.5, and most people I talk to say he isn't even the fastest player on Holmes.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
Your talking to a guy who lived a block away from Glenn o Swing for 20 years.
-
Incoming Freshman
Point guard who played at the same small Cathollic grade school on eastside of Covington with both Bass and last years Freshman phenom Sheena Giwa. His name slips my mind.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
Hester has the Al Huff syndrome. It makes you wonder how far they could go if they only had a few more inches.
-
What negatives do you see with 6 classes?
I would be for letting everyone into the playoffs ala basketball, way before increasing class sizes. Let everyone has a shot, but don't water down the competition.
-
What negatives do you see with 6 classes?
There has to be a cutoff GT. So because 6 classes is good, lets go 12 classes more kids will win. Its insane to me for KY to equal Ohio in classes.
-
What negatives do you see with 6 classes?
Very simply a small talent pool stretched very thin.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
This argument is dumb. They both have the strengths. But most would take Duran over Mike. Its been that way since grade school AAU.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
I was told by people I know at Holmes that Austin Hill has already been offered by Bowling Green.
-
Duran Jefferson Commits to UK
I like this quote from Duran: "I want to prove to a lot of people that we still have good kids at Covington Holmes who can help a program. We are not all bad kids and this is not a bad football program," Jefferson said. "I want to show we still have kids that are trying to do well.
-
Incoming Freshman
Covington Holy Cross has a 6'6 250+ center, I think his name is Brandon Bass. Brother off former HC girl star Britney Bass who plays at Morhead State now.
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
Its not the talent they have in the high school but the possible talent they have in the feeder systems in a coach gets in their and runs everything right. The school system is large and they have the right economic base to get very talented kids to come through if the system is structured right.
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
IF Terri wants the job no way Jeff applies. Also the only job I see Carr leaving Scott for is the Holmes job. Your final point is very intersting. If they would have made this decision earlier I'm sure he would have been intrigued.
-
6 Classes and the NKY Coaches Redux
Wouldn't that be partly the point. IF they weren't there, how would they voice their opinion.
-
NKY Championship Runs
And those schools are the only reason this move was made, glad to see they fixed the problem.
-
Under the six class system, should Beechwood move up to 2A?
Isn't Brossart bigger than Holy Cross?
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
I wasn't opposing what you were saying , just giving my opinion. From what I hear he is getting looks from smaller DI,but I hope he goes to a good D2 program. I think he could excel in the GLVC at one of those programs.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
Mike Hester will play Division 2 and excel.
-
Best College Prospect in Northern Ky?
He is a DI prospect.
-
Northern Kentucky Players
Between him and Giwa they are the X-factors of HC making on run at the regional crownn. I think Ryan,Sorrel, and Scruggs are mainstays.
-
Northern Kentucky Players
Corey is a great defender, lengthy, handle the rock, and has one of the purest shots in the region. I'm not saying he will be the best, but he will be talked about in the top 10 area by seasons end. I've usually over the last 3 or 4 years been pretty good about picking this.
-
Niemi at Ryle is resigning
Ryle has the talent pool, needs the right ooach. I don't know who is interested to say who the right coach is. But if Faust is actually interested he should be a lock.
-
Northern Kentucky Players
Corey Sorrel will be a top 10 player in the region by season end.
-
Cov. Cath. SOAS
CCH also did not invite the other top 2 teams in region.
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
Yea, if you have every coached, yes, parents don't care if they are right.