Northern Kentucky Players

I have seen the list of players that the coaches think will be the best in Northern Kentucky next year but was wondering who are going to be the biggest sleepers in Northern Kentucky.

All of the players on the list were players that all had varsity experience.

What players are going to be big contributors that have not played much varsity basketball?

I have seen the list of players that the coaches think will be the best in Northern Kentucky next year but was wondering who are going to be the biggest sleepers in Northern Kentucky.

All of the players on the list were players that all had varsity experience.

What players are going to be big contributors that have not played much varsity basketball?

Corey Sorrel will be a top 10 player in the region by season end.

Corey Sorrel will be a top 10 player in the region by season end.

There is no way Corey Sorrel will be considered a top ten player. Give me a break man! The kid can shoot and that's it. Not athletic at all.

There is no way Corey Sorrel will be considered a top ten player. Give me a break man! The kid can shoot and that's it. Not athletic at all.

I remember a guy named Seth Lynn from NewCath that reminded me of this guy. I'd say he was a top ten guy his senior year.

Nic Simpson can be on that list. True Athleticism...I would say Top 5 if he improves his outside shot and steps up his defense. His slashing to the hoop and hangtime ability rank him up there with A HILL over at HOlmes.

This will be a big year for Nic to show that he can play upto his perceived potential. I'll assume he's still getting stronger so he will be a challenge for any defender.

Is he top 10? Don't know. Have to think about that one.

This will be a big year for Nic to show that he can play upto his perceived potential. I'll assume he's still getting stronger so he will be a challenge for any defender.

Is he top 10? Don't know. Have to think about that one.

I saw him cutting grass the other day and he looks like he has picked up some major size. Big legs and strong upper body. Like I said, if he can turn up the defensive effort which in turn will create offensive opportunities for him, he can score over 20 per game.

Nic Simpson can be on that list. True Athleticism...I would say Top 5 if he improves his outside shot and steps up his defense. His slashing to the hoop and hangtime ability rank him up there with A HILL over at HOlmes.

Where does he go to school?

Corey is a great defender, lengthy, handle the rock, and has one of the purest shots in the region. I'm not saying he will be the best, but he will be talked about in the top 10 area by seasons end. I've usually over the last 3 or 4 years been pretty good about picking this.

I agree with you on Nic. He will be a special player and a big contributer to Highlands this year.

BUT...he needs to pick up a little more size before he can be ranked up there w/ Austin Hill. Hill will be an absolute man among boys this year. But I think by Nic's senior year he has the potential to be on of the best players in nky. He and Arrez Henderson of Holmes will both be exciting to watch their senior years with all he athleticism and scoring ability they have.

As for the topic of the thread, I think a player that can make a name for themself this year will be Josh Nelson of Holmes. If he has developed his game any more from last year, I think he can become a nice compliment to Rice down low. Also Kejuan Arnold of Holmes could be a big contributer if given the opportunity.

As for players who have not played much varsity.....

CCH- Michael Grimes- very aggressive, rebounder, good at finishing down low.

Holy Cross- Sheena Giwa- not sure how much Varsity he played, but he lightning quick

St. Henry- Matt Garnick- didn't get his shot at CovCath, should do well at St. Henry

St. Henry- Matt Strahlendorf- a great shooter with size, could fit in well along with Kuebbing to form a versatile frontcourt

Holmes- Nelson- as fballstud said, should fit very well into a role as a rebounder.

Holmes- Avery- surrounded by talent, he should have a great season. Adds speed and depth

Beechwood- Alex Hall- good shooter with a little bit of height, could be a nice scorer for the Tigers

Campbell County- Noah Dischar- a solid shooter and great decision maker, could be a good player CC.