Everything posted by Automatic
-
Bishop Brossart starting a football program
I know that this past season the boys soccer team at Brossart won the All A, and if I'm not mistaken, may have been ranked in the top 5 in the state toward the end of the year, but I'm not sure what round of the tournament they were knocked out.
-
Pendleton County 69 Williamstown 31
I agree, that is exactly the way that high school basketball works in Kentucky......
-
FreakNasty's 10th region Power Poll 2/9
I'm away at college, but from what I hear, the atmosphere isn't as good as it was last year, but if you ever decide to catch a game there, let me know Freak.
-
Mason County 66 Bishop Brossart 52
That was his Senior year.
-
Highlands/Holmes updates
:eek: :eek:
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
Well if you lived by St. Pat and was a member of that parish, I don't believe you would end up in Brossart NCC etc. The schools are quite a distance away from St. Pat. I don't think you are too familiar with the Diocese of Covington, being from Eastern Kentucky. If you were a 6'10" Freshman, my guess would be if you didn't go to St. Pat, you would end up at Mason County (a public school). If anything, Ladiesbballcoach has a great point, in that AAU leads to a lot of things, but AAU is played throughout the state. I invite you to come up and watch some Diocesan grade school games, and get familiar with with talent and coaching involved there, before further generalizations are made. (not intended as an attack towards you, but moreso a statement on many clean programs being looped together with others, and people categorizing all privates as the same.)
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
I don't think many people understand that (at least in Northern Kentucky which I am familiar with), coaches don't literally go around and pick and choose kids to come to a certain school. There is not a free agent draft. Coachs do not go to a grade school tournament and look at all the schools to pick and choose. There are x amount of kids in a diocese, but all of these kids go to certain much smaller feeder schools. A coach does not go to other schools' feeder schools and recruit this player away from his district high school. Talking to kids from one's feeder school is just like having a middle school team directed by the high school head coach at a public or county school.
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
I disagree with the bolded part. The thing about the state of Kentucky is that there is one state champion (ironic that I say this in a thread about the All A). I am totally against any separation, but moreso clearer rules, with harsher enforcement. If people are worried about anything with the state, it is a bigger problem enrollment (class) wise rather than public/private.
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
Is this a rhetorical question, because you have asked it numerous times. If you are really being serious any of the time, it really shows a lot about your knowledge on the subject manner.
-
Seniors who didnt sign??
Is Matt Sauerbeck of Campbell County going to play anywhere next season?
-
Good Luck LEE COUNTY!
:thumb: If PC is at the top of the region and considers Brossart a rival, I take that as a compliment. At the same time, it baffles me why Pendleton would want Brossart to lose, but at the same time, I realize that Brossart as well as every other school has fans like this, just like PC also has many rational ones.
-
Bishop Brossart information
:sssh: ....... I will admit that I without this website, I would have never heard of Lee Co. until I saw the matchup, but this is the exact thought that came to my mind when I saw that post.
-
Bishop Brossart information
I'm sorry that there wasn't a starting line-up or what-not, however there is a fan discussion board, along with summaries of past games, so I figured that would be enough, or I probably would have posted something for ya. Unfortunately I am away at college and won't be able to attend, however may the best team win.
-
Bishop Brossart information
The second post in this thread was a link to http://www.bmustangs.com . If you would have clicked on that, you would have found anything you need. Also although it was not posted by Mustang, I'm sure if you put two and two together, you can realize why he is to thank for this website.
-
Preseason rankings of the 10th
It doesn't help too much losing Verax though.
-
10th All A Quarterfinals
Should and will are distinctly differeny words, but i also think they "should" win easily.
-
Quick Fundraisers
As far as playrs fundraising who might not be on the team, its a lose-lose situation. If they do stuff and don't make the team they get mad, and if they don't have to do anything, they claim that you already know who will be on the team. The sad thing is, it is the parents who become more upset than the kids.
-
Pendleton County vs. Bishop Brossart @ Thomas More College?
I realize that, I was there. I was using it as an example showing how team are not wrong to play a home game on their home court, because some people that don't want to leave extra early complain about it. Many people are saying that this isn't fair for the kids. Everybody had their chance to see the two teams play in the MCIT, and hopefully they will meet up in the 10th Region tournament also. This game doesn't really mean anything and the only kids we should be worrired about are the players that get a chance to play the game. Those fans that are most serious, and get their the earliest will rightfully be the ones that get to see the game.
-
Pendleton County vs. Bishop Brossart @ Thomas More College?
Holmes? That sounds pretty random to me, especially after the fiasco at PC in the beginning of the year.
-
Pendleton County vs. Bishop Brossart @ Thomas More College?
I highly disagree. They have recently (past few years) been playing tough competition all over the state, and have you ever been to a Crosstown Shootout? They have 6 home games all year, originally intended to keep this one. Do you fault a school for wanting some kids to get a chance to play on their homecourt. They tried to move it to various venues and change the date, but it wasn't possible. Why didn't Pendleton try to move their Homecoming game against CCHS since it was so crowded? Why didn't they move the district game between the two schools last year since people got shut out? It is not a joke, and don't try to make people out to be the bad guy, because a team is playing on their home court in their scheduled home game.
-
Brossart/Scott updates
http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=86878 From what it sounds like, this game may soon be added to Jim Schue's wierd game thread.
-
Best Freshman and Sophmores in NKY
But can he throw over 90 mph?
-
Which region is tougher 9th or 10th??
It wasn't as much being in the 9th Region as getting a player like Nathan Seiter and a coach like Willie Schlarmen to bring them where they are today.
-
Holy Cross 42 Brossart 38
I admit I was not present for the game, but wouldn't it make sense that two big bodies compared to one would neutralize Scruggs if he was what got to Cooper in this game?
-
Holy Cross 42 Brossart 38
Looks like the lost one game on the year without one of their starters. Sorry, this is not meant to belittle Holy Cross' victory, they obviously earned it, and congratulations to the Indians.