Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GaViking

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GaViking

  1. The smell of grass and KFC made someone sick once on the field. I love to hear the National Anthem sang from local high school singers. The warm up songs are great too.
  2. Nice win for Dixie. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the earlier posts on this game.
  3. I read the story. Beechwood played at great game and won. The other games mentioned in the article were also awesome.
  4. You are correct Baseballguy, it does go way back. I'm not sure why. I'm still so proud of these young men, the coaches and staff.
  5. I wish Jonathan the best of luck in his freshman year in college. When your teenager (boy or girl) no longer finds enjoyment in practice or the game it is time for the parents to let it go.
  6. EZ Living posted in another thread they heard the rings were going to be purchased.
  7. The tear's got to me from both the player's, coach's and supporting staff.
  8. We just received a very nice thank you letter from Superintendent Lynda Jackson, along with a great DVD of the recap of the Championship game and homecoming, "One Shining Moment". It was awesome.
  9. I don't know if the team who was runner-up get's at ring. I also do not know who paid for it if they did. The only thing I know is I made a donation this year to the Tom Ellis Foundation for the 2009 Varsity Bulldog's.
  10. I don't think EZ Living meant the post to sound as it did. School's used to be able to provide uniforms, shoes, etc without a cost to the parents. ( I do know of one private school that also got uniforms/warm ups donated in the late 90's at no charge). Many school districts cannot afford to pay for this anymore. Championship ring's are either paid for by the parent's or private donation's.
  11. Our check is in the mail. It's not huge - but hopefully it will count. I'm so proud of this team.
  12. Thanks for posting this information - We will be making a contribution to the Tom Ellis Foundation. As you also stated, it is tax deductable. Many parents have to purchase championship rings for their sons/daughters in alot of different school districts. I hope the Tom Ellis Foundation will be able to raise enough money to purchase the rings.
  13. What are the qualifications for the Hall of Fame nominations at Holmes? ( I have no idea ).
  14. I've been out of town for awhile - where is the street located? Tommy Gullett is from what class? I don't recall the name.
  15. I don't have a problem with people discussing Dickie Beal. Covington isn't naming a street in his honor. He was a great basketball player in high school and went on to college at UK. I do think the 1978 Holmes Bulldogs (how should I put this nicely) did not have the best ref's in the tournament.
  16. I've asked myself the same question after I watched the recap of the tape. You would think they could review the play-by-play from the camera's from Rupp. We are talking about the Sweet 16 tournament finals here.
  17. paNA - Thanks for sharing your photo's this basketball season - I think they are amazing!
  18. Thank you, Mr Huhn for your dedication to the basketball team for keeping scores for so many years.
  19. We are the Bulldogs, the mighty mighty Bulldogs, every where we go people want to know who we are. BULLDOGS!!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  20. What a nail biter - thank you Coach Henley and the Bulldogs for bringing the trophy home :dancingpa:dancingpa
  21. Bring it home tonight to NKY Bulldogs!
  22. Nice win for the Bulldog's tonight. Good luck tomorrow!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.