Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood's Upset One For All-Time

Featured Replies

I read the story. Beechwood played at great game and won. The other games mentioned in the article were also awesome.

Top 10 upsets for all sports in Northern Kentucky in The Enquirer today.

 

Beechwood's upset over CCH in the 9th Region Title game listed as #5 for all sports, and #2 for baseball.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090530/COL12/905310379/1004/COL

 

This is probably going to sound like I'm coming down on Ernst more than I really am, but he needs to do a little research. Games were actually played in NKY prior to the six years he's been watching them.

 

The headline says Beechwood's upset is one for all time, and then all-time becomes roughly half a decade. A list of 10 upsets in six years, is nearly two per year, which while were all upsets, are hardly the top ones most of us have witnessed in NKY. Seems lazy to me. If you're going to give us Ludlow beating CovCath in 04 as number one, at least make a few phone calls to find out what the Panthers actual record was entering the game. Three wins and six losses, are you kidding me?

 

But, this isn't about Ernst, and he did a good job finding the top 10 in the last six years. I think Beechwood's upset this year goes beyond that though and is really one of the bigger upsets of all-time in NKY.

This is probably going to sound like I'm coming down on Ernst more than I really am, but he needs to do a little research. Games were actually played in NKY prior to the six years he's been watching them.

 

The headline says Beechwood's upset is one for all time, and then all-time becomes roughly half a decade. A list of 10 upsets in six years, is nearly two per year, which while were all upsets, are hardly the top ones most of us have witnessed in NKY. Seems lazy to me. If you're going to give us Ludlow beating CovCath in 04 as number one, at least make a few phone calls to find out what the Panthers actual record was entering the game. Three wins and six losses, are you kidding me?

 

But, this isn't about Ernst, and he did a good job finding the top 10 in the last six years. I think Beechwood's upset this year goes beyond that though and is really one of the bigger upsets of all-time in NKY.

 

I agree that the "all-time" label probably isn't the most appropriate. But, Ernst does a good job covering NKY Sports. And, he stated at the beginning of the article that he was simply listing the biggest upsets in his 6 seasons covering NKY sports.

 

I'm sure he'd be willing to listen to your list. :thumb:

This is probably going to sound like I'm coming down on Ernst more than I really am, but he needs to do a little research. Games were actually played in NKY prior to the six years he's been watching them.

 

The headline says Beechwood's upset is one for all time, and then all-time becomes roughly half a decade. A list of 10 upsets in six years, is nearly two per year, which while were all upsets, are hardly the top ones most of us have witnessed in NKY. Seems lazy to me. If you're going to give us Ludlow beating CovCath in 04 as number one, at least make a few phone calls to find out what the Panthers actual record was entering the game. Three wins and six losses, are you kidding me?

 

But, this isn't about Ernst, and he did a good job finding the top 10 in the last six years. I think Beechwood's upset this year goes beyond that though and is really one of the bigger upsets of all-time in NKY.

 

 

Once again you right on the money Sandman. :notworthy:

I agree that the "all-time" label probably isn't the most appropriate. But, Ernst does a good job covering NKY Sports. And, he stated at the beginning of the article that he was simply listing the biggest upsets in his 6 seasons covering NKY sports.

 

I'm sure he'd be willing to listen to your list. :thumb:

 

You misread or misunderstood my post. Beechwood's upset is "one for all-time," and I have no problem with the headline. What I have a problem with is Ernst then only going back six years to find those other nine "all-time" upsets. That's lazy anyway you slice it.

 

Ernst building the disclaimer into the lead doesn't make it any less lazy. If the column was about the biggest upsets of all-time, then make it about that. If the column was suppossed to be about the biggest upsets of the Ernst era, that's irrelevant, and frankly somewhat arrogant. There were high school sports in NKY before 2004.

 

Ernst is better than most that have covered high school sports in NKY lately, especially for the Enquirer. But, that only makes him good by comparision. I think his work leaves plenty to be desired.

 

And if he wants my list, he can pm me.

 

Sorry if I'm thread jacking. The fact of the matter is Beechwood's upset last week was certainly one for all-time.

This is probably going to sound like I'm coming down on Ernst more than I really am, but he needs to do a little research. Games were actually played in NKY prior to the six years he's been watching them.

 

The headline says Beechwood's upset is one for all time, and then all-time becomes roughly half a decade. A list of 10 upsets in six years, is nearly two per year, which while were all upsets, are hardly the top ones most of us have witnessed in NKY. Seems lazy to me. If you're going to give us Ludlow beating CovCath in 04 as number one, at least make a few phone calls to find out what the Panthers actual record was entering the game. Three wins and six losses, are you kidding me?

 

But, this isn't about Ernst, and he did a good job finding the top 10 in the last six years. I think Beechwood's upset this year goes beyond that though and is really one of the bigger upsets of all-time in NKY.

 

I had said this before that is one of great upsets but they were 2 top 10 teams playing.....however, in 1980 Holy Cross under .500 led by Eifert/Lennihan and Niehaus (who pitched) and beat LLoyd 1-0. Lloyd had an awesome record that year. IN 1981, Highlands won the region with an under .500 record when Brian Rogg pitched.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.