Everything posted by jughead
-
KY Colonels Schedule
Walts does do a great job with his team. I do know that there are a few other teams that do the same with the kids to get colleges to look at their kids as well. Bluegrass Chiefs is one team that does have a few of there players going on to play college baseball as well. Kentucky Royals was one teams that has a few players going on to play ball as well. I think that this is great for Northern Ky to have summer coaches to do this for the kids. Great job by all the coaches.
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
I heard the West won 6-0.
-
pic of the new Newport Stadium
-
We've lost a Gem
MO was a great person. I am glad i had the chance to know him. He will be miss no doubt about it. Hearts are heavy in Newport for a great person and coach.
-
Work begins tomorrow on Turf at Newport...
It was a great thing tonight. The new field will have black endzones with Newport in one and the other with Wildcats. At mid field it will have a BIG red and black N. I looked at a print of what it will look like. CONGRATS, Long time coming for Newport High School. THe heavey equipment will be there tomorrow and start. I hope to get pictures of it. :dancingpa
-
Work begins tomorrow on Turf at Newport...
well i would think the talk is in the works, for rent and from what i hear it will be like Highlands or somewere about that.
-
Work begins tomorrow on Turf at Newport...
The ground breaking will be at 6:30 at the stadium.
-
D-1 players. Offers and Walk-ons
Big Glenn Young from Newport has been considered a preferred walk-on at Western Ky
-
Work begins tomorrow on Turf at Newport...
i think and if im not mistaken the stadium was built during the great depression so people could have work and earn money during that time.......
-
Work begins tomorrow on Turf at Newport...
Well it was in the Sunday paper that Newport will start the new turf on Tuesday (6-20-06). I have to say i am glad it will happen. Congrats on the Turf. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
I heard yesterday that Zach Bartel, and Matt Atkins from Newport will be in the senior games, and JJ Hesch for the Jr. team. I guess i will go see the senior game to watch those two play one more game as Wildcats. Congrats to both on a great season and careers at NHS.
-
College Signings - Baseball
RHP-Matt Atkins (Newport)-Kentucky Wesleyan
-
N KY Summer Teams
keep in mind that the Chiefs were without 3 of there returning players from last year, and they are kinda young too. I know that Chaz Moore is still with Beechwood, Guesenhues on Vacation, and Atkins should return mid June. But that dont mean that the Warriors are a bad team either. I just think the Cheifs will get better when the other 3 players start playing for them. GOOD LUCK to the Chiefs
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
just for the record im pretty sure campbell co and the grove will be playin in the all star game.
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
you are correct but he had his fair share of each
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
Well i did see the Bartel kid from Newport and he said that him and Atkins have not been told yet about the game. I wonder if Coach Brown is going to tell them about it. Would like to see these 2 Cats play one more time. I did see the Atkins kid play in the football game on Thursday, so i guess he will play baseball if the coach tells him.
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
Well i know the Newport kids havent been told about it yet, but they only had 2 seniors on their team. (Atkins, Bartel) i guess they will be going if they know when its going to happen.
-
Northern KY All-Star Game June 8
I think i am going to go to this game. It should be a good game. I hope there will be room to park Beechwood. GO LUCK to both sides..
-
Another NKY school is getting Turf
I was told today that the heavy equipment will start coming in by the end of the week or early next week. The company that got the job has to have it done by August 5 from what i was told. I hope it happens and NEWPORT HIGH SCHOOL will have a great place to play.
-
N KY JR-SR All-Star Game
It is a different game. This game is for the 9th region(nky) teams only. The jr game is first and then the senior game. I dont know when or what time it is this year.
-
CCH's Tony Roch To Walk On at UK
Champs05 i agree..i when by practice yesterday before the rain and the kid was kicking the ball anywhere from 60 to 70 yrds. The kid does have a good leg, and a nice young man as well. Good Luck in your future as a walk on.
-
Northern KY All-Star Game June 8
East by 3 TD's at least if not more
-
Heath White Will Attend Prep School
you are absolutley correct....
-
Northern KY All-Star Game June 8
the East will be loaded!!! on offense and defense i dont see the west matching up with them... to many weapons..... the east will have Shakes, Guidugli, Canafax, Atkins, Hunter Craig and some others catchin the ball..... solid defensively.... the game should be a blowout
-
Northern Kentucky Coaches All-Star Teams
I know that some schools didnt get anyone, and i have watched Newport and before Atkins got hurt, i think he was as good as any of the other kids that made it.(imo) But i know their schedule didnt help him, but maybe the injury did. But i know some will not agree, or even think he should have been. But anyway congrats to the ones that were picked.