Everything posted by AshlandTomcat41
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
I agree, Fields Davis has a good shot, and Im sure Russell has some guys on D that will deserve it, but I cant remember any of their names right now.
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
I think the safe bet would be 0, but I would think that atleast 2 players deserve it, Holbrook and Blume.
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
Yep
-
Ashland at Fleming County predictions
Very good point.
-
Ashland at Fleming County predictions
:lol: :thumb:
-
Ashland at Fleming County predictions
Thomas and McDavid 49 Fleming Co. 44
-
Ironton, Ohio 60 Ashland 49
Well I still my love Tomcats, no doubt about that! Always have and always will. I will still be there every game supporting the boys, that will never change. I just dont know what happened to the team that played pretty well in the 2 holiday tourneys, and was getting better, then was blowing Fairview out in the first quarter. Since that quarter the wheels have fallen off..........
-
Ironton, Ohio 60 Ashland 49
Everyone knows that Im an eternal optimist, and never pick against my Tomcats, but I will say one thing. They will not be fine, and there will be no run at the end of the season, as much as I hate to say it....
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
Thanks guys!
-
Ironton, Ohio 60 Ashland 49
They are not getting better, they are getting worse.
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
Thanks, what school is he from?
-
Ironton, Ohio 60 Ashland 49
McDavid and Thomas scored 41 of Ashland's 49. They both hit somebig shots, Ashland just got killed on the boards. Can someone get Wayne Breeden on the phone??
-
KY All-Stars Coach?
Who is coaching the KY All-Stars in the KY/TN game?!?
-
Alumni Football League
Sounds like a good idea.
-
Ashland Basketball
I agree.
-
Ashland Basketball
:thumb:
-
Ashland Basketball
Love the avatar Rickyp :lol:
-
Ashland Basketball
Who knows....
-
Ashland Basketball
Seriously?!?! Geez... :irked:
-
Who are the top Linebackers in Eastern Ky next season?
Fields Davis - Ashland
-
Ashland at Sheldon Clark
Nice shots GB!
-
Russell 48 Ashland 44
I have to agree. The Ashland/RH feud from a few years ago is water under the bridge for 99% of people on both sides of the issue. No Ashland fans that Im aware of still talk about that past issue, or hold a grudge. No Ashland fans on BGP ever bring up the Mayo era at RH. I dont group the current players and team in with the former players and people who ran the program a few years ago. When I think back to that time I have pretty fond memories; it was exciting, and created some great games and great memories for both sides. Im pretty sure that everyone has moved on.
-
Russell 48 Ashland 44
Nice to see that you have some faith in my Tomcats. Yes, Drew has been playing since the 8th grade. Matt has also been playing since the 8th grade. Im sure Matt will be right up there around #1 or #2 by the time its all said and done. He probably has a better chance to end up #1, because I think his contributions in 8th and 9th grade were a little more significant than Drew at that age. But I would be they will both end up #1 and #2.
-
Russell 48 Ashland 44
On a lighter note, I meant to post this a few days ago. Drew McDavid became the 19th player in Ashland history to score 1,000 points. So I did some math and I figured on a low ball estimate of 44 games left in Drew's career, 14 this season (That is with a first round district exit, which is possible) and approximately 30 games next year. With 44 games left Drew would need to average 11 points a game to pass Kyle Umberger as Ashland 2nd All-Time leading scorer, and like 19 to pass Marty Thomas as #1 All-Time. So I would think that #2 All-Time would be almost a guarantee, and #1 a very real possibility.
-
Russell 48 Ashland 44
Im beyond frustrated with this so-called "offense", its actually pretty sickening to watch. Here is what I dont understand. Ashland's offense obviously centers around 2 people, Drew and Matt, and it should. But it seems to me that the way the offense "works" is that basically Matt and Drew are on their own to make their shots. I do not understand why Flynn doesnt have the other 3 players on the floor set screens and move to help get them open, the way that Russell runs Vanhoose around the floor like a deer, eventually popping open for a 3. Everything Matt and Drew are able to accomplsih during a game they basically got on their own. Thats not saying the other players dont work, but Flynn seems to be fully satisifed with this offense the way it is. Matt and Drew are without a doubt 2 of the top 5 players in the region. Drew is great around the basket, and has an overall solid game. The sky is the limit for Matt Thomas, he has improved his 3 point shot, and he also has a mid range jumper, which in todays game is a lost art, and we all know about him defensively. But Im affraid that these two players will not reach their full potential in the current regime. I would like to see a little offensive creativity, PLEASE! This team should not 5-10 or whatever their record is, I know hard schedule blah blah blah you can only play that song so long. I dont know if you guys saw the area statistical leaders in the paper today, but I noriced something very telling about this Ashland team. We did not have ONE SINGLE player who averages 2 assists a game!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just absurd, and its not the players fault.