Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rockmom

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rockmom

  1. Tough district: CLASS 2A District 1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Webster County
  2. I don't think the Rocks mind that the Tigers' starters were still in the game. But, it makes for great stuff for one or the other to work up a great huff about in the rivalry and hold onto for years to come.
  3. Inquiring minds want to know: did you all enjoy the Central experience? It's one of my favorite places to enjoy a game. I'm not even affiliated with the school, so no idea why I take so much pride when people love their experience there. :lol2: But I do!
  4. In years where Trinity is the home team, I see parking as the biggest issue. Parking for Trinity games extends into the neighborhood around Trinity already, and causes headaches on Friday nights for residents. In the interest of being a good neighbor, to host an X/T playoff game in particular, I think off-site is better.
  5. I don't recall either T or X fully subbing 11 at one time. Not to say it hasn't happened. But for the purposes of KHSAA football, I'd say platooning is more of a definition of having the depth to sub liberally without much drop off in skill or talent.
  6. I have been to Central numerous times and parked on the street each time with no issue. It may not be Danville, but it's not Compton.
  7. Concessions are the best in Louisville. The band and drum line kick butt. The visitors side is appropriately uncomfortable. The atmosphere is one of my favorites in Kentucky.
  8. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a micro brewery opening soon near near the church.
  9. Well, I may be closing as soon as the 1st week of November, so I guess I'll have to go with a sub-par choice until Google Fiber is complete.
  10. It's actually already. I looked there too. But everything was about $50k more than I wanted to pay. Phoenix Hill will be in the same range as Irish Hill and Germantown soon, too.
  11. I was afraid I'd jinx the deal. :lol2: You've seen pictures, so you can vouch for the deal I got.
  12. If you're in a position to buy a house, look in the Schnitzelburf/Merriweather area. There are some GREAT values. I saw a cute little shotgun on E Hill that was right around $100k. And the realtor I used is a friend of mine and I'd recommend him highly. He really listened to me when I told him what I was lookin for and helped me negotiate a fantastic contract.
  13. I'll be living a few blocks from Manual Stadium. Not the Highlands, but I got a HUGE value on a house in an area being revitalized. I guess everyone could guess I love historic homes (and hotels). I bought a shotgun house built in 1900, completely updated, including new kitchen and bathroom. Just a beautiful little house. So, I'm still only 15 minutes from the Highlands, 5 from the booming Germantown area, and 5 from Old Louisville and the UL area.
  14. Ironically, i will be living very near White Castle on Eastern Parkway...Even closer to Dairy Del...like walking distance. :lol2: I'm in!
  15. I didn't want to say anything too soon. But I'm in the final stages of buying a house, so since it looks like everything's a go, I figure I can say something now. :lol2:
  16. Wonder what the time line is? I'm moving back to Louisville soon.
  17. Per Jason Frakes: Jailen Reed (20 Carries/100 yards/3 TDs). Jacob Woosley (12/13 112 yards). First Downs X 10, T 20 Passing yards X 11 T 112 Pass Attempted/Completed X 11/15 T 24/101 Total Offense Plays/ Yards X 19/26 T 39 213 Time of possession X 7:09 T 16:51
  18. It's 20-10 Trinity at the half. X got a field goal right before the half.
  19. Here's a great story. Love Pride Week. Logan Butler making adoptive parents, St. X proud | USA Today High School Sports | USA Today High School Sports
  20. Clearly last night was not the best Defensive showing. Could be many things. I'm confident all will be corrected. Male, though, should be commended for exploiting the weaknesses in what has to this point been a very solid defense. And Male has the personnel and coaching to do that.
  21. Regardless of all the side stories, congratulations to the Bulldogs! Looking forward to a rematch!
  22. No offense, Ham Bone, but I (admittedly biased) don't think Trinity fans are delusional. I don't know one Trinity fan who has felt that there was no way we'd lose this game. I do think we're surprised by the margin. But we all know Male is a great team. And as to the being "so successful", since we started playing more regional powers, I would argue that that "so successful" qualifier is a matter of perspective. We have remained largely successful over Kentucky teams, but we always consider the games against Male and St. X as loss possibilities. I don't know....maybe your circle of Trinity fans is different than mine. Mine tend to be not just Trinity fans, but football fans, and are quite forthcoming in recognizing our weaknesses and areas of opportunity.
  23. I'm kind of sad...the last time I saw a game at Male was a Trinity/Male game, and I met, and sat with, Alabama Larry and Mamma. And The Kicker played that night.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.