Everything posted by PurpleHaze
-
Bowling Green 40 McCallie (TN) 36
My goodness.....My heart will not calm down. What a game. Man, Mccallie is a great team. The announcers were wonderful as well....wish I could have been there! Way to go GUYS!!! I am soooo very proud of you all for not getting nervous or giving up against this team!!! See ya all next week!!!!
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
Stick a fork in it...it's done!!!! Whew
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
Another first down!!!!!!
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
YIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
My heart is going crazy grrrrr
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
A first down should do it!!!!!
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
I was just getting on to say just that....I should have trusted you to begin with LOL
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
Thank you!!!!
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
39-36
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
How far was the pass to fant?
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
I wish this thing would unfreeze...grrrrr
-
Bowling Green/McCallie School(TN) Updates
It was 225....PH said that he is pretty sure that was a record for one half at BGHS and he was 18 for 28 passing.
- Bowling Green/McCallie School Predictions
-
Bowling Green's games against Tennessee teams
I'm so glad that some folks decided to reevaluate our schedule. On another thread, I was so angry that I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Four posters on this board had it right to begin with, and I'm glad that some people are acknowledging that our schedule isn't as Mickey Mouse as others said. I remember quite clearly how St X fans were predicting everything from 49-0 to 63-0 in our first bowl game. Then the St X punt returner got his jock buried by a crushing hit from Ryan Beard, and the Purple fans went absolutely nuts. The St X fans went into reevaluation mode. Sure, BGHS lost the game, but it was a long way from the predictions of some very illustrious posters here. The next year, St X played such a brutal game that it knocked out no less than seven of our starters for our next game with Christian Co the following week. We still won the Colonel game in three OTs. We lost to St X again, but we gained more respect once again. In the four game Trinity series, the second game (17-0) was the only game we didn't have a chance to win. I remember in the first game at Marshall Stadium an older, very portly guy was commenting on how slow our running backs were. I said loud enough for him to hear, "With your grocery tumor, I'd be very surprised if you could outrun my dead grandmother!". He left immediately.:lol2:I posted that, for 3 1/2 quarters, we stood toe to toe with the greatest program in the Commonwealth since 1968. Nobody argued with that statement. In our last game with Trinity, the head coach was ecstatic with the win, enough according to our newspaper to be yelling with glee and jumping. I saw Trinity posters blame a fourth string QB with almost blowing the win. Our take on it was that the same fourth string QB saved the game for Trinity by scoring the winning TD. We give credit where it is deserved, and he deserved it. And the Trinity fans who did make the trip congratulated us on a great effort and a great game. Maybe we haven't beaten Trinity, but we almost changed that in 2010. I'm very weary of the "you don't play nationally ranked and Ohio" rhetoric. Maybe you should study those TN teams. How many times did Trinity have to play Nashville Montgomery Bell Academy before they finally beat them? Why should we have to travel all the way to Ohio when there are quality teams in TN? Are you so blind that you think that they only play basketball in Memphis? In addition to great football in Hendersonville and Gallatin, they also play outstanding ball in Nashville. Former head coach Johnny Majors of Tennessee made his bones on Tennessee talent, not Ohio, Indiana, etc. And as far as that 50 game win streak is concerned, bully for Trinity. BGHS is concentrating on 34 against Chattanooga McCallie next week, not 50. But one note of caution: records are meant to be broken. Ask Jim Brown. Ask Fran Tarkenton. Ask the 1972 Miami Dolphins. Ask Boyle County. If it's meant for us to break the record, so be it. If it isn't, so be it also. We have more important things to worrry about right now. If it ends now, it isn't the end of Purple Nation's world...we still have a 5A championship to win. Please try to evaluate our schedule on Chattanooga McCallie, Murfreesboro Blackman, St Xavier, instead of two teams we have to play or we would not be eligible to win a title: Logan Co and Barren Co. It isn't our fault that they were placed in our district. I'm pulling for my Purples regardless. And I believe that I said in another thread that I'm honored that my Alma Mater is considered among the great programs in the Commonwealth...at least this year anyway. Purple Nation is also keenly aware that it is an honor that has to be earned yearly. Oh that note, Sic 'em, Purple!!! I'm proud of my boys and the coaching staff!:thumb::thumb:
-
St. Xavier 50 Fairdale 0
Nice comeback after the game with us last week! Keep it up, Tigers!!:clap:
- Warren Central 49 North Hardin 14
-
Bowling Green 41 Owensboro 7
Way to go guys!!!! Very proud of you! Very nice night for a game. Beautiful outside! This has been a very great fri 13!
-
Bowling Green 41 Owensboro 7
From 1956 to 1971, the only thing the Purples could manage was a 7-all tie on Homecoming Night in 1964. Owensboro dominated this series that started on Armistice Day 1932 for many years. Now, BGHS only trails in the series 32-38-2. This is getting really good!!:banana::banana:
-
Bowling Green/Owensboro Predictions
Last year's game was actually played at the infamous Dungeon, not at The Big El. The Red Devils did a marvelous job of keeping the ball away from Fant on offense and on punt returns last year. They are well coached and well disciplined. They also have most of their starters back from last year. However, I simply don't think that Fant will lack touches this year...if that happens, the final score will not reflect what a good team the Red Devils are. So far, RB Blake Pillow is playing better than last year as well. I have a feeling that QB Devin Hayes will have his best game this year to date. His 307 yds passing and 103 yds rushing against St X last week were career highs to date. The Purples' defense has real teeth once again, and they won't give up nearly the pts they have against LexCath and St X. Bear in mind that they scored 42 unanswered against LexCath. The Red Devils might prove me wrong, but I just don't think so. Sic 'em, Purple!:thumb:
-
Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?
To those not in the know, Blackman is from Murfreesboro, which is bristling with football talent. Blackman is a relatively new school, but it doesn't surprise me that they're already respected on the gridiron. I am BGHS's football historian. Would it surprise all of you to know that BGHS almost gave up football at one time? It actually happened. From 1956 to 1958, the Purples had a 26 game winless streak, managing only two uninspiring ties with Glasgow. They didn't, of course, but it came dangerously close! From 1958 to 1974 (my soph year), with few exceptions, the Purples generally had losing records. But the class before me and my senior year (1976) we changed all that. We've had only four non winning seasons since. Purple Nation is awful proud of what the gridiron program has accomplished. Sure, we have our share of arrogant fans too, but never make the mistake that I'm one of them, for I remember when things weren't so great for us. Also, be assured that, when I hear one of ours acting that way, I deal with it...hard! My position is that I'm honored that Alma Mater is now considered among the ranks of T, X, and H. I humbly thank you for your recognition for years of hard work to get the program to the point where it is now!:thumb:
-
Bowling Green 39 Saint Xavier 25
I want to emphasize to all in Tiger Nation that all is not lost right now. We old Purples know that you can learn more about your team from a loss than you can with a win. This is not time to panic...it is a golden opportunity to learn and to correct weaknesses. With that, people who know me know I mean what I say when I say that I hope that the staff rights the ship and goes on to a very successful season! The Tigers have some awesome tools (especially Walker...in two meetings, he's torn us to pieces!). Some work, some study, and a little polish will have 'em running on all eight cylinders! We blew some chances last night too, and the staff is on top of it. I just hope that we can come up with some answers for our kicking game. Devin Hayes is by no stretch of the imagination the best dropback passer in the state, bar none. So what if he's not an RG III type QB. When he's on (which is almost always), the Purples are almost impossible to stop on offense. As if the Purples don't have enough weapons, wait until he and Bradley Wierson finally get their timing together...I have predicted that Bradley will be a great compliment to Nacarius before the season is done! Blue and Blake are outstanding weapons coming out of the backfield to be sure, but we have another senior (Danny Dewalt) on the bench, and he's hungry!! And our defense has acquitted itself well in its first two games against two powerful offenses. This will only get better as the season plays out. Lincoln Quick is a stud at ILB! He leads a typical Purple defense...flies to the football and is not afraid to hit the good lick. We salute Tiger Nation for being such wonderful hosts twice in this series! We hope that you all feel that way about us when you visit The Big El! We're sorry we missed Tony Danza on this trip, but we hope that we can hook up next season!
-
Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?
I think all that Hellbird is saying is this: It does not matter who anyone losses to, it should be considered a loss as shall a win to any team in or out of state. I was actually proud in 2010 when we lost to T by only a few pts. It was an outstanding game. Some of the T fans told us that we actually gave them a game and were relieved when they beat us because they were not sure that was going to happen. A person, fan, parent, player, coach, etc can sometimes be more proud of a loss than an easy win. It is because you play harder and try harder to win a difficult team than an easy team. IMO, all teams are the best. My reason is very simple....These are only kids who are playing for no money, no fame, etc...they are playing for the love of the sport and their school....They are playing to build wonderful memories and pride in themselves. I would think it would be likely that we would be playing T in two years, but that depends upon how both schedules work out.
-
Bowling Green 39 Saint Xavier 25
Was a great game!!! Everything went wonderfully! I am so proud of our boys not folding in all the hype. X players played their hearts out and have nothing to be ashamed of. I loved the USA chants coming from the Rage Cage. It made me so proud that so many young people (other than BGH) are proud to be Americans. So many schools that we have been to watch games at will have their fans talking during the National Anthem. It always upsets me and make me very proud that at our home games our crowd is so quiet during the National Anthem that you could hear a pen drop. So, needless to say, it was refreshing to see and hear those young fans being quiet during the Anthem as well as chanting USA!!! Great night, now just looking forward to our first home game of the season next Friday!!!
-
What game or games are you going to this week?
We will be there...Can't wait to see you there!!!
-
Bowling Green/St. Xavier Predictions
BGHS is the only public team to beat St X at Brother Thomas More Stadium. The facility is first rate, though I would prefer it to be a little more intimate. Super stadium personnel...they treat you right and make sure you know that they want you to have fun watching the game! The only stadium fare St X falls short of BGHS on is the popcorn...you can get really full on the food at St X! Mrs PH and I love it there! The Purples went on a 42 pt run after LexCath scored first. Super explosive. But the Tigers now have a passing game to go with Walker and will be very hard to stop. For sure, I'm pulling for the Purples, but I'm quite sure that this game will end with neither team deserving to lose. These games have been absolute classics the last few years, and the Tiger fans both here and in person give the Purples a great deal of respect...they have certainly earned it. With all that said, I like the Purples in a real tight one again. I hope that the Tiger posters will come over and see us on the track. I'll be wearing my 1976 vintage BGHS jersey #57...the same one I wore when we beat Paducah Tilghman for the first time ever in that year! It has come to be known as the "magic jersey"! Of course, you know I'm in a wheelchair, so you have to be blind to miss me! I know that Pride will look us up! I promise that the Purples fans will not bite unless I tell them too! Actually, St X fans are well liked by the Purple fans as well, not just me. I will be celebrating 30 years of being cancer free that night...I hope that I can celebrate a win in what could be one of the biggest games of the year in the Commonwealth as well. What a night that would be! Best of luck to both teams!! And...Sic 'em, Purple!!