Everything posted by Tundra
-
Pikeville vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
I think this is a totally fair explanation of the game. Going off last years game isn't fair for this one.
-
Ja'Hyde Brown - Mr. Football Conversation
If I had a vote it would go to Brown. But could also go to Trinity's QB as well.
-
Raceland vs. Hazard Predictions/Updates
Raceland early and often. Wouldn't be surprised to see a running clock by the half. Is there any update on the QB who went out to start the season? Will he be able to return at some point this year?
-
Pikeville vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
Not seen a lick of Southwestern so know nothing about them other than they got a new coaching staff.
-
Johnson Central 42 Boyd County 21
With #22 being back for JC I think this game is a dog fight. Neither team will be able to keep the other off the field. Look for a turnover either way to be the difference in this one but I'm going with Johnson Central by one score.
-
Belfry 55 Pike County Central 8
Bad week to be a Hawk fan. Belfry coming off the loss to Pikeville will be sure to be mad coming out Friday.
-
Ashland 14 Russell 7
This really surprised me. Good for Russell
-
Campbellsville 24 Hazard 0
Can't watch it either. Just humming noise for me
-
Pikeville 21 Belfry 14
Refs allowed two big ole boys from Belfry to spear a kid clearly in possession of a football in the end zone. Automatic touchback.
-
Pikeville 21 Belfry 14
Defenses were the stars of the this game. Both could stall mate one another for most of the night but Pikeville just made the plays when needed to get the win. Both teams had two turnovers but Belfry had two turnovers on downs tonight. Physical hard hitting game with emotions from everyone on full display. Really enjoyed watching this one as a fan of football in the mountains.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 1A Football Rankings 9/14
I think this is pretty much right on as we stand today. I haven't watched every team on this list though.
-
Raceland 42 Newport Central Catholic 6
Rams running clock.
-
Campbellsville 24 Hazard 0
Don't know anything about either team but I know Hazard has is in a rough spot right now and needs to have this game to get things righted going through the rest of the season.
-
New Official KHSAA Scoreboard now up and running
A man on Twitter made a better score update site in half the time KHSAA made arbiter. This one reminds me of the Reihards one. I can go on rabbit chases trying to find common opponents way easier on this site
-
Pikeville 21 Belfry 14
This one will be an interesting game to watch. Pikeville and Belfry match up pretty evenly besides special teams where I think Pikeville has the advantage. But everywhere else is a wash in my opinion. Turnovers and drives stalling out will be the difference.
-
Highlands 41 Boyle County 21
Seneca Driver is Boyle this season. Having a D1 commit not play causes a huge void, obviously. But I don't know if they would've won this game with him in all honesty.
-
Pikeville 48 Johnson Central 19
Run man all night with one high safety and can't get pressure. That's a recipe for disaster.
-
Pikeville 48 Johnson Central 19
This not your JC team of last year that was big, fast and physical. JC's best RB hasn't played a snap all year and will be a huge help when he comes back. But their defense is questionable. Pikeville just ate them alive passing the ball because JC runs man coverage and one high safety. Pikeville has too many athletes for that. JJ Reynolds went 18/18 243 Yards and 6 TDs. Two receivers over 100 yards and 3 receivers caught a TD.
-
Is CAL the best “small school” team in Ky HS Football history?
Then which one of those two teams that were better and this Cal team are the best two teams I've ever seen on film or in person. Cal is unreal. Their safety is one of the best safeties I've ever seen and plays RB as well and he is the 3rd best player on this team. They got everything.
-
Is CAL the best “small school” team in Ky HS Football history?
I've not been around a long time. But I would say them and those dominate Belfry 2013 or 2012 teams. Can't remember which year was better but those are the best two teams I've ever seen.
-
Herald-Leader letting go of prep sportswriter Jared Peck
He'd be better off just posting his stuff to X/Twitter. He has 20k followers on there.
-
Pikeville 48 Johnson Central 19
This will be a great matchup for Eastern Kentucky fans. JC and Pikeville have been playing regular season games for four years straight counting this one. I'm sure they played earlier in their existences. But the last three years JC leads the series 1-2 with the past two years being beatdowns delivered by JC.
-
Breathitt County 26 Hazard 0
I think what Hazard will struggle with Breathitt's size and physical nature.
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 49 Ryle 0
CAL by as many as they want.
-
Herald-Leader letting go of prep sportswriter Jared Peck
Hate to see this. Been following Peck for a long time trying to keep up with schools outside of eastern Kentucky. I guarantee he's already got something else lined up though.