Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herald-Leader letting go of prep sportswriter Jared Peck

Featured Replies

What a bummer, I hate it for you, Jared.

Boo!!

I'm a fan of Jared's work. Sports journalism has changed a lot in recent years. The Herald-Leader's loss will be someone else's gain.

It looks like the LHL is no longer going to cover any local news.

14 minutes ago, brooksville said:

It looks like the LHL is no longer going to cover any local news.

I didn't read anything but I heard they are letting go a lot of staff.

All newspapers are about a thing of the past.

Hate to see this. Been following Peck for a long time trying to keep up with schools outside of eastern Kentucky. I guarantee he's already got something else lined up though.

Sports is only thing I like in newspapers especially HS sports, so I think it's a mistake to get rid of Jared who does good job.

We live in a new world, and journalism is much worse for it. Many things that were covered in depth 10, 20, 30 years ago, are basically going to be non-existent now.

22 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

We live in a new world, and journalism is much worse for it. Many things that were covered in depth 10, 20, 30 years ago, are basically going to be non-existent now.

He'd be better off just posting his stuff to X/Twitter. He has 20k followers on there.

Been a HeraldLeader subscriber for 30 years. The loss of Jared will leave a vacuum in the sports pages. Hate it for sure and wish him well in his next career steps.

11 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

All newspapers are about a thing of the past.

And it is a big problem. The lack of local journalism means that fewer people will be held accountable, whether they are in schools or elsewhere. Just ask Danville folks how the decline of the Advocate Messenger probably facilitated what happened within our school system over the past decade when few people were held to account.

There are other ways to get information but these places tend to not check sources, are poorly written/constructed, or the people writing them do not have the time to actually put depth into what they are doing. I'm glad we have this board to communicate what is going on in KY high school sports because without it, I'd be relatively clueless.

On 9/10/2026 at 7:33 PM, brooksville said:

It looks like the LHL is no longer going to cover any local news.

Then they have no reason to exist. That is the purpose of a newspaper.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.