Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TheBallCoach

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheBallCoach

  1. Putting 14 on Graves County and only 19 on Barren County last week tells me everything I need to know about this “solid” offense the Eagles have. I’ve listened to chatter all week about how Apollo has a chance to win this football game and I’m about tired of hearing it. I’ve been down on the Purples this year but not this low, I was expecting this sort of talk by round 3.
  2. Saw where Moss signed to play with UT Chattanooga this week. Very good basketball player for the Panthers, if you have a chance to check him out this year I highly recommend it.
  3. Greenwood will be the toughest team these Devils have seen in a couple of months, and if I single out the Gators defense you can add another month to that time table. As I do respect the Aces as a whole I don’t think the two defenses are comparable. If the ball bounces differently in a couple of the Gators losses they could’ve been an 8-2 football team and district winners, they have a legitimate football team. Haven’t seen much of Owensboro this year, Hampton is a stud that’s forsure. I’m sure the Devils OL has improved as the season has progressed but the front 7 has been the strength of the Gators and they’ve showed up all season long. Also don’t see OB carving this secondary either not because they are elite but the pass rush will get after the QB; Ganaway has 26 TD’s and only 3 INT’s while creeping up on 2k yards. Very impressive numbers considering it’s only on 159 attempts. Just another week where Greenwood hopes to suffocate the opposing offense, win the field position battle and find a few opportunities for the offense to score some points. The SOKY ties have me hopeful the Gators can compete in this one and I do believe their defense can do enough to win the game, just will need more than Davis Chaney offensively. The Gators RB Self and the QB Wyatt will have to play the best game of their season for any chance in this one. Red Devils 28 Gators 14
  4. I’ve been riding with the Tornado the past couple of seasons and while I still believe the gap in talent between these two teams are significantly different, I won’t be shocked if FS steals this game. I’ve began to start questioning the philosophy for this football team, there comes a point in a season where the coaches start to figure out a team’s strengths and weaknesses. Have to be willing to cater to the team rather than trying to force the system onto them. Mentioned above PT has the size up front and a couple of backs that can hit their head on the goalpost any given touch. Been a strange year from an outsiders perspective because they have what seems to be everything you need to be dominant, just haven’t really seen it come to life. FS has improved so much as the season has progressed and after that bad loss to Logan County at home these past two weeks they’ve played with tremendous energy. They played this PT team tough in the first meeting and I’m sure that garnered some confidence coming into this one. Do I really believe FS wins? Probably not, but I’ll ride with the underdog. If PT doesn’t put a lid on this one early and often they’ll find themselves in a dog fight in the 4th quarter.
  5. If the Purples have aspirations of making a heroic run in the playoffs they cannot be in a competitive game with Apollo. They handled business against Graves, and I expect to see the same thing at the El this Friday against the Eagles. This BG defense is going to keep turning up the pressure on teams, maybe even a defensive TD this week for good measure. Offensively they have to continue to find success in the run game to lighten the load for Davis. He’ll be a special player these next few years and shows those flashes at times now, but the Purples will find themselves in some trouble if they are going to be heavily reliant on his abilities as the match to Lexington continues to unfold. Need the supporting cast to be playing at their highest level. Purple 42 Eagles 7
  6. @Hardin County Preps has a point, but a 3 hr bus ride to go play some football is still a tall task for anybody. When I was coaching it always felt like a scramble to get everything right on the road, especially if it’s your first time playing at the location. Couple that with the lack of space that the majority of these away locker rooms have, the normal routine is always thrown for a loop. What I was told as a player was to treat it like a business trip, one mission and whatever obstacle that was thrown our way it was not to takeaway from what we came there to do. All in all just go play ball, nobody really cares what happens outside of those 48 minutes of game time. However, anyone who tells you that it is not a challenge would be telling you a lie, very difficult to overcome.
  7. Maybe East of the WKY line that I’ll draw at Bowling Green, he’s been a stud the last couple years.
  8. North Oldham Lawrence County Cov Cath Cooper Middlesboro 62
  9. Haven’t been too impressed with the Braves this season, they’ll compete but I don’t see them being able to move the ball offensively. Scotties by a few scores sounds right.
  10. Just saw a couple of Graves County school buses at the Cheddar’s here in town. Decent establishment that’s a win in itself and if this weather lingers for a few more hours this one could get interesting.
  11. 7 Mountains Sports link https://stfanclub.com/?bfplayvid=3030866 Of course Sporting Times is on the call as well!
  12. Ok I see what you were mentioning on your other thread, I like this one too. Gives me the All-A classic sort of feel that they give to the smaller schools in basketball.
  13. I wouldn’t mind getting rid of districts and keeping the six classifications. Tweak the RPI a bit and tell administration and coaches that who you play is how you’ll be seeded. Have a 16 team bracket per class. Would 100% promote competitive scheduling throughout all classes and by removing the extra round of the playoffs, it could open up the option of giving an extra week to schedule games or shortening the season as is. I do like the module though, great work.
  14. Using Division 2 as the example: if Male loses their starting LB, they’ve got a JR/SR ready who may not be the same but close enough to mask it. If Belfry loses theirs, the drop off is way bigger just because of numbers. That’s the reality, though as a fan of the game this is brilliant. At least with the current format everybody deals with the same roster limitations, so it’s consistent across the board. Too many schools would get exposed in terms of depth, they’d never vote for it and I can’t really blame them.
  15. Ouch, thought the Green Wave could find something in this one.
  16. The Trojans offense is predicated on how well the QB can read their keys and make the right decisions, it was shaky early but you can see the confidence building for the JR Briggs. I like their FB Daylan Thomas, he’s a load, and if the box ever starts to get too crowded Jaxon Byrd out wide is a pretty good football player himself. The Trojans defense will have to bring their A game, Apollo should be able to score some points but the control of the game clock will get BC this win on the road. Trojans 36 Eagles 30
  17. Purples roll, it’s been a rough season and I’m not sure a couple playoff wins at the El would right the wrongs but sometimes you just take what you can get and move on. Purples 34 Eagles 6
  18. This is a good Greenwood football team, I don’t see the Maroons one dimensional offense being able to put up many points on a stout front 7 that these Gators have. I agree with the majority the Greenwood offense is questionable, but I think Chaney can get loose a couple times and get this team a victory. My favorite game of the week easily, should be really fun. Gators 27 Maroons 20
  19. As bad as the Mustangs have been I have a hard time believing this. I haven’t been impressed with Central Hardin in either of the two games I saw them play.
  20. Greenwood North Hardin Oldham County Meade County Russellville 48
  21. The FS offense has shown a lot of life at times, I think they can score some points against the Bulldogs. I’m curious to how these Wildcats will be able to handle Pittman. SR year we all know we’ll get the best version of all the one’s on what could be their last ride. I like the # @Hardin County Preps put out there in limiting him to under 150, if FS can do that while also taking care of the football I do believe they’ll go on the road and come out victorious. Wildcats 34 Bulldogs 28
  22. Some men just aren’t as good HC’s as they are Coordinator’s or position coaches. I don’t think that’s a fault though, add into the fact a lot of people don’t want the responsibilities that come along with being a HC and if they believe they do, they probably don’t have a good understanding of what it actually takes to do it and also be successful. I feel like the coaching fraternity here in our State is pretty good, earning roles rather than being born on 3rd base. At the end of the day we all just want to see our boys turn to men while teaching them the tools of life through this great game. Teaching discipline, respect, and most importantly teamwork. Learn how to be apart of a community and gain enjoyment from seeing those around you become the best they can be as well. Football truly is the greatest sport on earth; happy Sunday fellas. No matter your role just know I appreciate every one who carves out some of their time to give to their community. My nomination is Justin Chaffin the DC at Greenwood, sure they’re 6-4 but they’ve been in every game this season outside of a road trip to East Robertson (TN) who has a very good football team as well. Went toe to toe with the 6A #1 seed Spartans, just gassed out as the game went on. Logan County and BG needed every second on the clock to sneak away with a win. A job very well done, and deserves some recognition.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.