Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Union County 10 Glasgow 7

Glasgow vs. Union 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who ya got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Matchup: Glasgow (11-0) #5 vs Union County (6-5)

Storyline: Glasgow’s only remaining loss from last year (they had 6) was to Union County — the Scotties have since redeemed all other losses (to Barren County 22-8; Allen 41-6; Adair County 49-0; Hart County 35-6; Franklin Simpson 27-24 in 2OT). Will the redemption tour continue over the Braves, or will the Cinderella story come to an end? 
 

Glasgow: another dominating win over a fledgling Webster county saw two great punt returns for TD from junior Jaylen Bradley and kickoff return TD from So. Keyshawn Austin. This team seems motivated and chomping at the bit to prove themselves in the deeper playoff rounds. They do not need to overlook Coach Johns and the Union County Braves. 
 

Union County: They saw a terrific 2024 campaign end in the state championship against CAL last year and finished 12-3. Many of those seniors have moved on, but a solid core remains. They have a very good running back talent in Willem McPeake who has amassed 1300 yards. They have had the Scottie’s number in the only two meetings between these schools; winning last years matchup 45-16 and the 2022 matchup 50-20. The play style of Union is very physical, the most physical team that the Scottie’s have faced has been the Franklin-Simpson Wildcats and were forced to take them to double overtime to finally manage to come home with the W. I think Union may be just as good if not better. I think for the Scottie’s to come out with a win they have to play clean crisp football and execute like I have seen them this season in the Hart, Barren, LaRue, and Monroe games. I am certain Union is a good enough team to beat Glasgow if Glasgow doesn’t bring their at least A- game.

Do either of these teams have a chance after this round? If Union won they would undoubtedly play CAL next week and Glasgow will most likely go against Murray #4 BGP.

I like the Scotties in this one, but I think it’s a little closer than what most will be expecting. I think it was big for Glasgow to get tested in the final regular season game, because up to that point they hadn’t really been tested at all in multiple weeks. I believe Glasgow will be able to match the Braves physicality and will certainly have more athleticism at the skill positions. Give me the Scotties 35-15.  

I believe UC will struggle to score against this defense give me the Scotties 27-7.

Haven’t been too impressed with the Braves this season, they’ll compete but I don’t see them being able to move the ball offensively. Scotties by a few scores sounds right. 

Union co looks like a better version of Hart co, don’t think they are anywhere as good as Franklin Simpson.

2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Union co looks like a better version of Hart co, don’t think they are anywhere as good as Franklin Simpson.

I kind of agree I feel like FS is pretty comparable to Greenwood and I think Greenwood beat them by 20 something I’m expecting similar.

3 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Union co looks like a better version of Hart co, don’t think they are anywhere as good as Franklin Simpson.

 

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

I kind of agree I feel like FS is pretty comparable to Greenwood and I think Greenwood beat them by 20 something I’m expecting similar.

If this is true, Glasgow looks to travel to Murray next week.  

1 hour ago, FB Head said:

 

If this is true, Glasgow looks to travel to Murray next week.  

That should be a dandy! 

Union County is throwing the football a little more this year, but its bread and butter is still the run game. Union's run defense is pretty stout, but a 162-mile trip on a bus is a long way to go play.

Glasgow by 4

  • Author
On 11/10/2025 at 1:06 AM, The Scribe said:

Union County is throwing the football a little more this year, but its bread and butter is still the run game. Union's run defense is pretty stout, but a 162-mile trip on a bus is a long way to go play.

Glasgow by 4

You would have to think if they are throwing the ball, the Glasgow defense would have the advantage. They have serval interceptions by multiple players. 

3 hours ago, AppalachianTactician said:

You would have to think if they are throwing the ball, the Glasgow defense would have the advantage. They have serval interceptions by multiple players. 

Yes I would love for them to throw it everytime Glasgow has some absolute ball hawks in the defensive backfield and when they intercept it they are looking to score. I think they have 5 guys on the defense who have interceptions this year and Bradley probably has like 5 or 6 himself with 3 or 4 returned for touchdowns.

On 11/8/2025 at 12:14 AM, AppalachianTactician said:

Matchup: Glasgow (11-0) #5 vs Union County (6-5)

Storyline: Glasgow’s only remaining loss from last year (they had 6) was to Union County — the Scotties have since redeemed all other losses (to Barren County 22-8; Allen 41-6; Adair County 49-0; Hart County 35-6; Franklin Simpson 27-24 in 2OT). Will the redemption tour continue over the Braves, or will the Cinderella story come to an end? 
 

Glasgow: another dominating win over a fledgling Webster county saw two great punt returns for TD from junior Jaylen Bradley and kickoff return TD from So. Keyshawn Austin. This team seems motivated and chomping at the bit to prove themselves in the deeper playoff rounds. They do not need to overlook Coach Johns and the Union County Braves. 
 

Union County: They saw a terrific 2024 campaign end in the state championship against CAL last year and finished 12-3. Many of those seniors have moved on, but a solid core remains. They have a very good running back talent in Willem McPeake who has amassed 1300 yards. They have had the Scottie’s number in the only two meetings between these schools; winning last years matchup 45-16 and the 2022 matchup 50-20. The play style of Union is very physical, the most physical team that the Scottie’s have faced has been the Franklin-Simpson Wildcats and were forced to take them to double overtime to finally manage to come home with the W. I think Union may be just as good if not better. I think for the Scottie’s to come out with a win they have to play clean crisp football and execute like I have seen them this season in the Hart, Barren, LaRue, and Monroe games. I am certain Union is a good enough team to beat Glasgow if Glasgow doesn’t bring their at least A- game.

Do either of these teams have a chance after this round? If Union won they would undoubtedly play CAL next week and Glasgow will most likely go against Murray #4 BGP.

On 11/11/2025 at 12:29 PM, Tkinslow said:

Yes I would love for them to throw it everytime Glasgow has some absolute ball hawks in the defensive backfield and when they intercept it they are looking to score. I think they have 5 guys on the defense who have interceptions this year and Bradley probably has like 5 or 6 himself with 3 or 4 returned for touchdowns.

The closer it gets to kickoff of this game, the more excited I am getting for it. I think people are underestimating Union County in this one. They have a very tough running back who can pack the load. The Glasgow defense has been one of the best in the state all season long, but they haven’t faced a very good schedule by any means. Plus, most of the kids on this Scotties team have never made it past the first round. I do think the Scotties win the game, but I believe it will be closer than what I originally thought and what most on here are expecting. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.