Everything posted by TheBarber
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 70 Bowling Green 21
They just don't have enough "dudes' to hang with the big boys this yr. Their lines are small in comparison to past yrs. I guess it's youth.... I don't know.
-
Bowling Green 27 Barren County 19
Some ref, somewhere, is gonna have to flag BC's coach early to get him off the field. My goodness he's 10+ yrs o the field after every play. He was inside the numbers several times. It was mind boggling.
-
South Warren 42 Christian County 0
South wins big.
-
South Warren 49 Bowling Green 17
No, not me.
-
Bowling Green 34 Bullitt East 7 (Rafferty's Bowl)
There just doesn’t seem to be the hype for BG this yr. There’s also no a “stud” coming back that can take over a game offensively (aside from Davis). He might have to do it all. Now, that being said, one of these young kids could step up early. All that being said, they will win this game.
-
Turf Fields for Baseball
In Warren County there have been facility upgrades at all 4 schools. Greenwood, South Warren, Warren East and Warren Central now have turf infields and bullpens.
-
Cole Edelen decommits from Western Kentucky
WKU did sign 2 other point guards from the portal.
-
Greenwood 10 Bowling Green 1 (14th District Final)
3 GW pitchers combine to give up 6 hits and 1 lone run. The Gators put up 6 in the 2nd inning and cruised from there, adding 4 more in the 7th. Pitching and defense were stellar in these 2 games giving up only 2 runs in the tournament. Regional tournament begins Monday at WKU.
-
Greenwood names Shawn Savage head boys hoops coach
Savage officially named head coach.
-
Open Job: Greenwood
Crickets! Not hearing a thing but a lot of applicants. No names though.
-
4th Region Off-Season Discussion (2026-2027)
After last yrs results, it’s no surprise BG found a stud. Just another reason Coach Mc headed south 20mi.
-
Will McCoy named head boys basketball coach at Franklin Simpson
Thanks DF… I don’t have to type it again lol. It was just a matter of time. From what I understood, it would’ve happened last year under the right circumstances.
-
Will McCoy named head boys basketball coach at Franklin Simpson
Absolutely hate to lose him at Greenwood, but totally understand it.
-
Tony Adams named head coach at Greenwood
IMO he’s the right guy to continue leading this program. Do some changes need to be made? Probably, but nothing significant.
-
Grayson County 81 Meade County 59 (3rd Region Championship)
Boy, I’d love to see GC win a game or 2 in Rupp.
-
Open Job: Greenwood
Interviews last week. We shall see. Oh, and county AD isn’t making may friends with some of the things he’s doing. I understand leadership, but let the school admin, AD’s and coaches do their parts too.
-
Barren County 77 Clinton County 49 (4th Region Quarterfinal)
WC will be lathered up against Barren.
-
4th Region Districts & Regionals - 2025/26
WC’s to lose. Even when their shots aren’t falling, their defense is stifling. I think that’s the difference in them this year. It’s one of the best defenses I’ve seen at the high school level (especially around here). Relentless.
-
South Warren vs. Warren Central Predictions/Updates (14th District Championship
I checked in to see the score midway through the 3rd qtr. 40-30 WC. Stayed with the game thinking, hmmm, might be closer than I thought. WC absolutely blitzed them from that point forward.
-
Open Job: Greenwood
Yes they do.
-
Best opening round district games?
Greenwood vs South Warren tonight in the 14th… 2/3 game. Actually, W Central vs BG will hopefully be a good 1/4. Both of these matchups were splits during the regular season.
-
4th Region: Week 10
I definitely hope it settles down. I just think the tipping point for McCoy was seeing his (would be) 6’7 senior in blue and white this year. Coddled and taught and taught for 3 yrs and poof… gone. And to top it off, he get very limited pt for WC. Frustrating. From a Central perspective I see how the split hurt. It hurt everything.
-
4th Region: Week 10
The 14th is an absolute buzz saw this yr. Quarles has done a great job stabilizing SW. BG has gotten tons better as the yr has gone on. GW has a couple of dudes. WC is elite… championship elite. Their defense is smothering in the press and 1/2 court as well. How can I put this? It’s pretty obvious that WC basketball is the, how can I say, crown jewel of our county administrators. They can do no wrong. It definitely rubs people wrong outside of the Central bubble. It’s caused Coach McCoy to have a huge beef with Coach Unseld. Harsh words were said after the game. McCoy is gonna fight for his players. I’ll be interested to hear what comes of it.
-
Open Job: Warren Central
Not just the Burmese kids. Someone told me a year or so ago that there are over 80 languages spoken at Warren Central.. That’s mind blowing.
-
Open Job: Warren Central
I’ll add to what Dragonfire said. The coaching carousel has been mind boggling. The diversity in the school has impacted football as well. So many different cultures there and most of those have nothing to do with football. That’s just a fact. It’s impacted every sport in the school except boys basketball (hmmm). Baseball over there has a revolving door of coaches as well, and many Babe Ruth teams could run rule them. Now, it’s helped sports like soccer tremendously. Financially, I was personally approached about donating to help volleyball get shoes, knee pads, etc 3-4 yrs ago (and I’m a Greenwood guy). It’s really sad that that’s an issue.