Everything posted by Kellymt75
-
2025 Beechwood Tigers
I would’ve thought St. Henry would’ve been a better fit, honestly.
-
2025 Beechwood Tigers
I think the best QB option would be Coppage and have Fryman in Wildcat periodically. It allows Sowder and Fryman to be a couple of more high level players to be accounted for as weapons/mismatches at WR/TE and have a balanced running game like the plan seemed to be this year.
-
2025 Beechwood Tigers
I have heard that there might be another name in the mix for QB from a school in Park Hills.
-
Cooper vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates (5A State Championship)
Is it not the same broadcast?
-
Cooper vs. Bowling Green Predictions/Updates (5A State Championship)
@PrepSpin can we get a 1 man show? This is rough to listen to.
-
Beechwood 50 Owensboro Catholic 34 (2A State Championship)
I thought the same thing and was actually gonna go over to the club section and raise a little heck but someone pointed out that they were actually cheering and they were on the fan cam on the stadium video board. Horrible timing for a camera crew to try to pump up a crowd, but it was obvious they were cheering for themselves to get on the Jumbotron.
-
Beechwood 50 Owensboro Catholic 34 (2A State Championship)
Athlete!!!!
-
2024 KHSAA State Football Finals Pay-Per-View Options from PrepSpin (BGP Discount Code)
Does anyone know if the broadcasts “live only” or can you rewatch the game later?
-
Beechwood 56 Breathitt County 28
Any word on how the Sperry kid is? He was in a sling and from the hit, it looked like a shoulder or arm/elbow issue. I do believe he is a phenomenal basketball player so hopefully this injury doesn’t deter his senior season.
-
Covington Catholic at Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
Does anyone know how the Anderson kid for Dixie is doing? He went down at Beechwood late and had to be helped off the field. Really good running back that just got a UPike offer.
-
2A Playoffs
I know there is a sister district in the playoffs to start, but do the playoffs at the second round re-seed with that sister district based on RPI or is it RPI based in the first round and the next two rounds basically bracket play? I believe it is based on RPI again in the fourth round.
-
Beechwood 37 Dixie 14
Hats off to Dixie. QB is shifty and will be a problem the next 2 years. IMO, I have never seen a more undisciplined team on offense. There must’ve been 12-15 penalties for well over 100 yards. At least a half dozen false starts because of the hurry-up. Punted maybe 1 time the whole game. To me, that is a coaching issue. I was sitting near Dixie folk and they were very disappointed in coaching. They stated that there is no running/discipline for penalties at practice, as a parent I would want more for the team. I wish them the best moving forward.
-
Beechwood at Fairdale Predictions/Updates (8/20)
No locker rooms at Fairdale?
-
Beechwood at Fairdale Predictions/Updates (8/20)
Not going to be, unfortunately. Can’t pause the Mixlr stream
-
Beechwood at Fairdale Predictions/Updates (8/20)
You can listen on Tigers on the Air on Mixlr
-
Beechwood at Fairdale Predictions/Updates (8/20)
Sounds like the stream is coming live from a traffic chopper….
-
Beechwood 30 Covington Catholic 18 (Frosh)
As a dad of a reclassed kid at Beechwood in the 9th grade, I can speak on it. I would never put other kids names on a list so that minors could be doxed. That is crazy. My son was one of 4 total Beechwood freshman to reclass on the football team. My son was a two-way starter, hurt in the summer workouts and chose not to play this season and heal up. Another one of the reclassed freshmen was a younger age, was a starter but was injured early in the season and has been out. A third reclass is a first year player. The fourth reclass is a non-skill position starter. That is all of the reclassed kids on the team, period. As for my son, we chose Beechwood as an out-of-district family prior to Covid. We toured/shadowed at CCH and looked at a couple of their schools as well. We value education and felt that Beechwood was the best choice for us. We felt our son would compete to play at any school he looked at but have taught him that education is the most important thing. Then Covid happened, then remote learning happened, then not knowing your classmates happened in a small/tight community happened, then being quarantined 6 times happened, then academic/social struggling happened, then the opportunity to reclass happened. I would be lying if I said athletics had nothing to do with it. All of it had something to do with it. We sat down with ALL coaches of the sports our son plays before making our decision. We knew that our son was going to have to play freshman football again, even though he was plenty talented enough to play at a higher level. So reclassed kids didn’t have the choice to move up in football. We also did our due diligence with the fact that we made sure our son could opt to graduate early (his original graduation date) if he would like to prior to making the decision. We spoke to the NCAA in addition to college coaches for multiple sports to talk about the extra year college athletes received because of Covid and the effects it had on the recruiting. We felt the best decision for our son given the reclass option was to take advantage of it. Our son would like to play college athletics and if it can help provide an education, we are all for it. We aren’t ashamed about our decision or worried about what grownups/kids say about it, we have talked to our son extensively about ignorant comments. We have, however, received support from many families from the Highlands and CCH communities, as those were the locations that were mentioned in this thread. We also know many families that belong to the districts that BOE or Diocese chose against the extra year. These families were going to take advantage of the extra year if it were available. The districts decided against. Lastly, I find it interesting that individual’s narratives are only including facts of taking advantage of this one extra year. I would propose that you look at the ages of the basketball McDonalds All-Americans upon graduation, the vast majority are 19. Not saying our son is anywhere near that level of athlete. The reality, we personally know individuals in almost every large NKY district that were “held back” prior to 9th grade. This is very common in the sports world. No one comments on these reclass kids. Some of these kids are some of the best athletes in NKY. Hopefully my thesis here can shed some light to this ridiculous subject so ignorantly commented on by so many.
-
Reclassification
I believe they have 4 years or 8 semesters to complete the 16 hours required for NCAA eligibility listed above. Most schools require somewhere around 22-24 credits to graduate high school and have other required classes than what the NCAA requires, i.e. physical education/fine arts. So in theory, they could satisfy the NCAA by year four and still complete remaining courses in year five to stay NCAA eligible and graduate. If school districts make them repeat classes they have already taken, it might be hard to meet the D1 NCAA eligibility requirements by year 4.
-
Reclassification
I don’t believe that all credits for graduation have to be achieved within the first four years. I believe it is 16 credit hours in specific courses within the first 4 years and 10 of those credit hours have to be achieved prior to the start of the 7th semester. I believe it is different for D2 and D3 eligibility. I think this is how prep school kids can still be eligible. I could be wrong though.
-
2021 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Cov Cath vs Beechwood, Monday night at 6 @ Cov Cath
-
Basketball 2020-21
Just don't understand how a mandate could/would effect private gyms outside of the direct oversight of the KHSAA but exclude collegiate gyms. Maybe there is an exception for them because they can test. Also interested how this will effect fan attendance at the games that are allowing them, i.e. UK. Mr. Frakes stated that KHSAA would have guidance soon in regards to practice.
-
Basketball 2020-21
I know not technically HS basketball but do the state mandates of no practices in gyms have an effect on college basketball in the state of KY?
-
KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
If this doesn't change again in the coming days/weeks, does this push the state finals to the week of 12/19?
-
Ryle 34 Conner 14
I believe freshman QB Logan Verax threw for 3 TD's for Ryle. He is going to be a special one.