Everything posted by GC-Dragons
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I don’t know on that one. That was close.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I’ll leave it at this, very questionable play calling and clock management by PT
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Huge stop on fourth down.
-
Hart County 27 Green County 12
Congrats to Hart County, turnovers and the kick off return TD for Hart seem to have been the back breaker for the Dragons, along with way too many penalties, and at terrible times. Get back to work and start to get better next week. Good tough game.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Can also watch it here. Better camera view. Very good quality.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
That looks to be a terrible terrible call. The video wasn’t zoomed in but it didn’t appear to go 10 yards.
-
Franklin-Simpson at Allen County-Scottsville Updates
Franklin Simpson Is a very solid team, I watched the scrimmage they had with the Dragons and left thinking they would win their District. Super tough against the run and very athletic and disciplined on offense.
-
Beechwood at Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
This has been a battle. I really like the fight both teams have shown, Beechwood getting its first real test and have answered each time. Dixie has also answered the call each time. Fun ball game.
-
Green County vs. Hart County Predictions/Updates
Thanks for the updates Devil, I’m on a flight and haven’t gotten to listen or watch any of the game.
-
Greenwood at Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates
Goodness, I knew Catholic was good, but I didn’t realize how good they truly are. This has been a massive beat down. I don’t see any team in 2A that is better by any margin, all seem to be even to me. The top 4 of the class are going to battle it out in the semi finals and I can’t wait to watch those games.
-
Larue County vs. Adair County Predictions/Updates
I think Adair dominates this game. Larue County plays hard and I think they will give it there all, but I think Adair is very underrated and win this one going away. Give me Adair-42 Larue-18
-
Greenwood at Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates
This is such a tough game for me to call. I know how good O-Cath is, but I’m not as familiar with Greenwood, but have seen the scores and the dominating performance against Warren East, they look like the real deal. I’m gonna go with Greenwood, as I feel like they have seen the same type of athletes from Warren East as they will see from Catholic, and handled them very well, plus contained Parsley from Warren East who I think is super tough to defend. Greenwood-35 Catholic-28
-
Green County vs. Hart County Predictions/Updates
Last years game was very interesting, the Dragons had a commanding 20-6 lead in the third quarter, and then came the multiple turnovers. Two were completely unforced. Guys running the wrong route or the QB throwing the wrong route with only a Hart County player in the area. To the credit of Hart County they answered with a big time score on the ensuing drive and the Dragons turned it over, and Hart hit with a big play to tie the ball game, and again the Dragons threw an INT inside of the red zone and Hart hit the first play with a huge 80 yard TD pass to take the lead. They made the plays when it mattered, so credit to them. If the Dragons don’t turn it over 4 times like last year, I think they should score more points as they moved the ball very well against Hart last year, only to have turnovers. That game was also QB Hodges second ever start, and he’s much better now than he was then, so I don’t expect him to make the same mistakes as last time. This one has all the makings of a dandy of a game.
-
John Hardin at Iroquois Predictions/Updates
I’m going with John Hardin. They will right the ship this week and get the offense going. Defensively they are fast and get to the football, so I don’t see them giving up a ton of points.
-
Campbellsville at Metcalfe County Predictions/Updates
Metcalfe barely beat Edmonson, albeit without there running back, he didn't play due to injury. They also were drilled by Barren county, and I would say Campbellsville is on par with Barren, with more speed. Give me Campbellsville 35-14.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 1A Football Rankings 8/28
I would say its Pikeville by at least 2-4 touchdowns over everyone else. It would take a mighty amount of things to go right for anyone to beat them at this point.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Football Rankings 8/28
I have no idea who the best team in 2A is, but its hard to argue that LCA has looked the part the first two weeks of the year. No disrespect to Beechwood or Mayfield, but neither have played anywhere close to the competition that LCA has played, and LCA has faired very well against it. With that said, no two ways around it, LCA has been bad on defense, albeit against great competition. One can't expect to win games against great teams when you must score 50 points a week to do so. Boley also has to protect the ball better, you can't throw three interceptions and expect to win against Mayfield or Beechwood. I too want to say how under the radar Owensboro Cath is flying right now, they are very good, and I expect them to challenge the big three of the class, and I honestly believe they could beat them if one has an off night or has multiple turnovers. We shall see in due time.
-
Green County vs. Hart County Predictions/Updates
The Dragons travel to Hart County to take on the Raiders this Friday night. This should be a very good game, as the two teams have split the last two games, with the Dragons winning in 2021 and Hart last year, with both games having been super tough and physical football games. The Dragons are much more balanced than in previous years, but still run the ball very effectively, but unlike past years, the Dragons are capable of throwing the ball very effectively. On the other hand, The raiders seem to be living by the run this year, and haven't been throwing the ball with nearly as much success as previous years. With the said, when you run the ball like the Raiders do, who needs to throw it anyways? Did I mention Hart County returns almost the entire team from the game last year, so I expect them to be very good. The Dragons also had some injuries against John Hardin and seemed to be a little banged up, hopefully those guys are able to fully heal this week before the ball game. My mind says the Raiders are the favorite, but my heart says the Dragons are able to pull it out, 34-28.
-
Adair County vs. Bethlehem Predictions/Updates (at Marion County 8/26)
Adair County is for real, and they have been impressive.
-
Fredrick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 2pm on 8/26)
I guess when you miss, might as well miss it by a ton. Haha
-
Green County 21 John Hardin 9
The Dragons get the win. John Hardin played hard and have some nice looking athletes, but have little to no passing game at this point. The Dragons looked like a team that had less than 8 hours between the time they got home and the start of the game. The Dragons had numerous penalties and had a TD called back and a wide open TD dropped along with 2-3 drives stall inside of the 30 yard line. With multiple busted plays. Ugly game for the offense. Defensively the Dragons dominated the game, other than a few big run plays, and a garbage time TD, they didn’t allow John to move the ball at all. As they say, a win is a win, and after the wild way this game came about, I’ll take it. The Dragons had multiple guys banged up, hopefully they heal up for a tough matchup with Hart County this week.
-
Green County at John Hardin Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 10am on 8/26)
The odd calls continue, instead of kicking the onside, John just kicks it deep. Either way, the Dragons kneel it down and that’s the ball game. The Dragons take the win 21-9. Sometimes it’s ugly, but a win is a win.
-
Green County at John Hardin Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 10am on 8/26)
John hits a pass for the TD with 40 seconds to go. This has been one of the weirdest games I’ve seen. The coaches from both sides have made some odd calls today. The Dragons lead 21-9. 40 second to go.
-
Green County at John Hardin Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 10am on 8/26)
I’m even more dumbfounded, the Dragons have 4th and 1 from their own 18 and go for it instead of punting. Only 1 minute left in the game. Dragons don’t get it and John has the ball.
-
Green County at John Hardin Predictions/Updates (Postponed to 10am on 8/26)
After a unsportsmanlike call on both teams the Dragons force fourth down, and John Punts with 4 minutes to go. Not sure why they would punt being down 21-3.