Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
Howell Rankings Countdown 2022
CovCath will not be on the list. They are a young team this year. Aiden Jones is the only real stud on the team. We don’t even know who the QB is yet. I guess we will find out in a few days. I hope they prove me wrong but definitely not a top 10 team. Highlands will not be in the top 10 either. I don’t think Beechwood should be in top 10 this year but maybe 10-20 range. Just my opinion.
-
9th Region Tournament
Time for Krumps to retire.
-
Madison Central at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CovCath up 43-23 at the half.
-
Evan Ipsaro (Cov Cath '23) Recruiting
I would imagine he will probably get some bigger D-1 offers after this season. Many 5’10” folks playing in D-1 programs. Height isn’t everything. He’s definitely got the skill and passion.
-
What's Next For Cov Cath?
Besides Aiden Jones and Zion Mason, who will be studs for next year? We lose a lot of good players to graduation. The QB Pitzer got a lot of work to do to become a stud if that who is indeed becomes our QB for next year.? It would be nice to have a QB that can throw the ball with some accuracy.
-
Woodford County vs. South Warren Predictions/Updates
Wow, Calpreps got it SW winning 28-27 but that’s at a neutral field. Since it’s at WC I will take them 28-27. It is a toss up. SW beat my Colonels in 2018 State championship so I like to see WC win it all this year which they are capable of doing.
-
Woodford County 28 Covington Catholic 14
CovCath having no passing game all year finally caught up with them. You can’t win games against good teams being one dimensional. The fumble on the one was the the game changer. Of course Woodford did a good job of keeping CCH in the game with all the dumb penalties. The better team won. I think Woodford has got a real good chance of winning State.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
So much for my wishful thinking. Ehhhh.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
We get the ball to start the 2nd half so if we can go down and score and tie it up I think we can win it. Our defense is looking better as the game goes on. That darn fumble on the one yard line was a killer but it all depends on what we can do on the opening drive in 2nd half. A touchdown is a must. These offensive drives by both teams are taking too much time off the clock. Don’t know how many possessions we will get in 2nd half so got to score on the first possession.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Woodford should just pass. They get stuffed on every run. Very successful so far passing the ball.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Yep. Woodford is good. Fast on the offensive play calling.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CCH special teams has gotten a lot better too as year has gone on.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Maybe not so much this year just because we haven’t scored as much but the 4 years prior when our offense was running clock everyone before halftime, it was constantly being played. It makes the ears bleed.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Unfortunately it’s not new, that song has been around for at least 3-4 years. It is painful to listen to. It is a tecno version of the schools fight song. I don’t know who’s brilliant idea it was to bring that version of the fight song around but it is embarrassing to listen to for us alumni. They should just play a regular version of the school fight song or some gangster rap Eminem song with some great bass blasting over the speakers.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
That’s more like it. Looks like a nice stadium. Plenty of seating.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Thank you. Good to know. Hope CovCath gets the word out that the game is not at the high school.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
So where is it then? Preferably a address would be good.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
On a side note, I did a Google Maps search for Woodford just to see where it was located. The aerial view of the football field shows a very tiny bleacher/stands section that might fit around 100 folks. Is this accurate? Help me out WC people. I plan on going to game and don’t mind standing the whole time but looking out for the older folks that might not want to stand or can’t stand the entire game. CCH got to bring a boatload of fans down to the game. Only a hour away.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Calpreps got it WC winning 31-19
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I don’t know anything about WC so I will take my Colonels in a close one. CCH is on 7 game win streak and playing their best ball. Agee has become a pretty good QB to lead the team. Too bad it took more than half the season to figure that out. It is what it is. I’m just glad we are not shuffling between 2-3 qb’s per game like we were earlier in the year. CCH defense has been lights out since the Cooper game. I think that is what will stop the WC offense. My prediction CCH 24-14.
-
Woodford County 51 West Jessamine 16
I hear they play CovCath next. Should be interesting to see how Woodford plays against better competition.
-
Conner at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
And a few 0-10 teams from time to time.
-
Covington Catholic 38 Highlands 8
If CCH plays like they did tonight then they just might make it back to a State final. Nice game CovCath. Looking good at the right time.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Dominating. I love it.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
How about another shut out. We have had a few of those over Highlands the last couple years.