Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
KHSAA to consider multipliers and success factors for football realignment - What might it look like?
I have to ask... what is wrong with what we have now?
-
Broncos 33 Bills 30 (OT) (Divisional Round)
The receiver has to survive the ground (fall). Upon hitting the ground, the ball is dislodged and ends up in the defender's hands. The receiver isn't down by contact until he completes the catch. I don't think there was a stoppage in play because it was pretty clear, by rule, that it was an INT. The only thing surprising to me was that the idiots calling the game (can't stand Nantz and Romo) didn't understand the rule. Actually, it shouldn't surprise me.
-
2026 Pittsburgh Steelers
I guess everyone's definition of good is different. Many would say that the Marvin Lewis era was good because they were competitive quite often. Other's would say it was bad because he never won a playoff game. Perspective.
-
2026 Pittsburgh Steelers
So the great franchises of Baltimore and Pittsburgh, who supposedly do such a great job of evaluating talent and building a team, have both let their coaches walk out the door after they won a combined 3 (Ravens 3, Steelers 0) playoff games in the past 10 years. The cheap, frugal, dysfunctional Bengals have 5 wins. This just gives Mike Brown incentive to fire a couple of scouts.
-
Open Job: Bishop Brossart
Am I correct to assume that an announcement was imminent, but maybe that person is now reconsidering his options based upon another opening?
-
10th Region: Week 6
Great report.
-
Bishop Brossart 50 Highlands 41
Nice win for the Lady Stangs. The 8th-grade Kinney girl for the Birds is fearless. She's going to be a problem for 9th region teams for quite a while.
-
Alabama 89 Kentucky 74
Plus North Carolina, Kansas and St Johns
-
College Football General Discussion (Semifinals)
I believe it was 25% in the portal last year, so the 31.5% is certainly an increase. I also read that approximately 40% of the players who enter the portal will not sign with another D1 school. Many are pushed out the door by incoming freshmen and other portal signees.
-
Campbell County 56 Bishop Brossart 46
I just commented in the boy's thread that I have seen teams look a little flat over the years in this rivalry. Not sure if it's a post-holiday funk or what. I thought the Camel boy's looked flat tonight, and the Lady Stangs also seemed out of sorts. It could be a hangover from the long holiday tournament that Brossart played in. I expect to see both these teams in the regional tournament.
-
Bishop Brossart 71 Campbell County 58
The Mustangs seemed to have more energy and they were hitting their shots. Great high school basketball game. I will say, having attended this game for the past 30 years, it's not uncommon to see a team that looks flat. Not sure if it's the timing after the holidays or what, but that's been my observation. The Camels will be fine.
-
Miami 24 Ohio State 14 (CFP Quarterfinals)
So if this is the Ohio State conversation, what should they do. Their conference schedule is set. They scheduled Texas. Should they forget Ohio and Akron and schedule Clemson and Notre Dame? Will the SEC teams do the same?
-
CFP Quarterfinals: #2 Ohio State vs. #10 Miami
I just asked my wife if the best play here is letting them score. And then they did.
-
CFP Quarterfinals: #2 Ohio State vs. #10 Miami
The Buckeyes have a really good tempo going on offense. Their defense needs a stop with no points.
-
CFP Quarterfinals: #2 Ohio State vs. #10 Miami
Theor O line as well. I'm really interested in how the games go tomorrow. 0-4 for the bye teams last year and this flat performance so far.
-
CFP Quarterfinals: #2 Ohio State vs. #10 Miami
Sayin almost threw a pick 6 on their first possession. Inexperience showing.
-
2025 Ashland Invitational Tournament
You are correct. I think he actually committed the goal tend.
-
Bishop Brossart 59 Pulaski County 52
These teams actually have more games in the Lady Invitational of the South at Scottsville. Brossart plays Hopkins County Central tonight. Pulaski plays a team from Ohio.
-
2025 Ashland Invitational Tournament
Will the announcers do a public apology to the refs after accusing them of the worst non-call in the "history of high school basketball"? For one thing, relax. Everyone in the Commonwealth knows the worst call in the history of high school basketball was the non-goaltending call in 1978 between Holmes and Scott County.
-
Bishop Brossart 85 Pendleton County 40
They are playing exactly to their strength. They have experienced, athletic, multi-sport players - it makes sense to play an up-tempo, pressing style. Curious how they do in the holiday tournament in Allen County.
-
Open Job: Bishop Brossart
The aforementioned EE held a similar position at New Cath when he was head coach. It really comes down to the support staff around the Dir of Advancement. If he/she has a good, full-time assistant, I don't see an issue with handling both roles.
-
2025 College Football Playoff Contest
4-point Game Winner: Oklahoma 3-point Game Winner: Texas A&M 2-point Game Winner: Oregon 1-point Game Winner: Ole Miss
-
Bishop Brossart 69 Lloyd Memorial 36
Final from Erlanger - Brossart 69 and Lloyd 36.
-
College Football General Discussion (Week 16)
Full disclosure, I'm a Buckeye fan. That said, do you think they drop Ohio State 2 spots after losing to #2 by 3 points in a conference title game? At the end of the day it wouldn't matter a whole lot because they would play Georgia regardless (if they both win out), but it does impact who they play before that.
-
Indiana 13 Ohio State 10 (Big Ten Championship)
Great game. I'm a Buckeye fan, and my main concern was emerging healthy. You could definitely see the difference in experience between the 2 QBs. Both teams are well-coached, and last night should help Sayin moving forward. I'll be rooting for the Hoosiers moving forward... unless they meet again. ?