Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan24

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan24

  1. I think that they'll win the first round but Porter Gaud is really good and long. Roster - Porter-Gaud Cyclones 216-17 Basketball (Charleston, SC) And Pickerington Central will win the tournament.
  2. I get that Cov Cath is private but I would think you would have to live in Kentucky to play for a Kentucky High School. Not very fair to public schools who don't have this ability.
  3. I'm sure you run a very reputable scouting service...but ESPN doesn't even have CJ ranked and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Omar Keita is their best in the class of 2018. I would argue that David Johnson, Zion Harmon, and KyKy Tandy are better than CJ. My best part of the profile for Fredrick on ESPN is the fact they have him from Cincinnati, OH.
  4. The previous thread about top 10 players got me thinking about this year and the overall top 10 teams. I, unlike the user who started the previous thread, will give my 10 and we can go from there: 1) Covington Catholic - have held this position for the past two years as well and didn't make it to Rupp. This trend may not continue. 2) Cooper - Adam Kunkel is a difference maker as he showed in the Region Final. 3) Holmes - What??? 12-17 last year and #3 this year...I think this might show the parity in the teams from this point. They return a lot from last season. 4) Newport Central Catholic - looking for a big year from Brennan Hall and improvement in the younger players. 5) Newport - very athletic team and Mekell Burries is very good. I think they shoot themselves out of games. 6) Dixie Heights - a decent JV team will be required to take up the load from the seniors who left. 7) Boone County - Ethan Haynes and company will have a much better season this year than the previous 2. 8) Beechwood - Toebbe is a force and if they have quality guard play could rise in the rankings. 9) Ryle - top two scorers gone but a talented junior class is going to get thrown in the fire and I think they'll be better than expected. 10) Conner - life after the Hemmerichs...quieter gym and we will see who steps up in their place.
  5. No particular order: CJ Frederick - Cov Cath Jake Walter - Cov Cath AJ Myer - Cov Cath Adam Kunkel - Cooper Brayden Runion - Cooper Ben Toebbe - Beechwood Mekell Burries - Newport Ethan Haynes - Boone County Brennan Hall - Newport Central Cath Raavai Commodore - Holmes
  6. Isn't it going to be hard for the Macke to get eligible at Highlands? They haven't moved.
  7. Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".
  8. Simple transfer? I don't think so. This was a pure athletic move (as most transfers are lets be honest). I feel for Williamstown who did nothing but great things for this kid.
  9. There's definitely more to the Boone County girls job though.
  10. Giving a good coach one year, and my opinion was successful with the hand he was dealt, is inexcusable. If he's not hurting the kids and doing his job as a teacher, then you support him 100%. You will never give kids enough playing time, shots, or attention from the parent point of view.
  11. The name I'm hearing attached to this job is surprising. Don't want to spread rumors but...:popcorn:
  12. Are these assistant coaches? What region? Not asking for names just curious who is going after the job.
  13. Quiet on this job. Any word on candidates or will it be an assistant?
  14. Hearing that they're only interviewing candidates who are currently on staff and that this will not be a surprise hire.
  15. Springhill Suites in North Lexington. It is about 10 minutes to Rupp but great accommodations and breakfast!
  16. You may think too highly of how many people and who reads these message boards or care if a coach if rumored to go there.
  17. 1 Scott Co. 1 Bowling Green 1 Scott 1 PCC 1 Elliott Co. 1 Cooper 1 Ballard 1 Hopkinsville 2 Bowling Green 2 PCC 2 Cooper 2 Hopkinsville 3 Bowling Green 3 Hopkinsville 5 Bowling Green TB 128
  18. I'd expect a lot of good assistants in NKY to apply and a few head coaches as well.
  19. Doss loses in the region final and Tony Williams promptly announces his resignation to do something more "lucrative". :speechless:
  20. No doubt that this will be an attractive job. I think the next person who takes over needs to be an offensive minded coach. No doubt Chevy had success playing a defensive and controlled offensive game but to be a contender in the 9th you have to be able to score. I'll go ahead and prove my point so the "Cooper won the region and only scored 51 points" arguments can be put to rest. There has only been one team that averaged under 60 points per game during the season that has won the 9th region since 2005.
  21. Looked good in the 1st round of districts v Cov Cath. If he can stay eligible and at one school, he's top 5 in the region. Walter, what's your perspective on Holmes overall? Is this the make or break season for Listerman?
  22. Oldham County has been the favorite or one of the favorites the last 4 years. Is this a case of too high expectations or underachieving?
  23. This is the time of year that you see the quality of coaching. Just is a great coach at Manual and his kids play hard and buy into what it takes to win.
  24. Not seeing Simon in the region tournament will be strange.
  25. Just saw this is the first position listed open on KHSAA. Any insight?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.