Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Fleming County

Featured Replies

From Anthony Wireman twitter: I'm told by multiple sources that Fleming County HS and head basketball coach Matt Taylor have parted ways. Fleming County is open.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Anthony Wireman twitter: I'm told by multiple sources that Fleming County HS and head basketball coach Matt Taylor have parted ways. Fleming County is open.

 

Anthony Wireman? Who's that guy?

  • Author
Anthony Wireman? Who's that guy?

Danny Weddle: Matt Taylor has been dismissed as the Fleming County boys' basketball coach after just one season with the program.

Don't know the whole story. But man. This is not ok. Matt's a great coach and a good guy...

Anthony Wireman? Who's that guy?

 

He tried to be nice and say "parted ways".

This is terrible. Getting rid of Coaches year in year out is no way to have a successful program.

This is terrible. Getting rid of Coaches year in year out is no way to have a successful program.

 

Do you think that was their intention when they hired him? Sometimes you just have to part ways.

I think there is more to this than just wins and losses. I believe for everyone involved it is best to just say, they agreed to part ways.

I hope Coach Taylor lands on his feet and has success and I hope Fleming County finds their man and has success.

I really liked Coach Taylor, hoping the best for him

As long as parents have a say so in Fleming County sports programs they will never be successful

As long as parents have a say so in Fleming County sports programs they will never be successful

 

That's a pretty broad statement. Fleming County has been pretty successful in many sports.

If making the Region tourney in basketball (girls and boys) in a weak district is your idea of success then I guess it's ok. Boys team hasn't done anything since the Burns years. Football hasn't went very far last few years. Baseball isn't much. Softball is pretty good and has a chance to make some noise in Region this year.

If making the Region tourney in basketball (girls and boys) in a weak district is your idea of success then I guess it's ok. Boys team hasn't done anything since the Burns years. Football hasn't went very far last few years. Baseball isn't much. Softball is pretty good and has a chance to make some noise in Region this year.

 

I guess they are terrible at everything. My fault for thinking otherwise. Sounds like they need you to leave the crowd and lead them.

I guess they are terrible at everything. My fault for thinking otherwise. Sounds like they need you to leave the crowd and lead them.

I didn't say they were terrible you did. I just gave my opinion on their team sports. You don't have to like my opinion. And no I don't want to lead them. That is for the professionals to lead. I don't even live there for that matter. It's just what I've observed from afar.

I would say Matt Taylor done a pretty good job this past season with all the injuries they had and a young team. You can't build a program in 1 year.

I didn't say they were terrible you did. I just gave my opinion on their team sports. You don't have to like my opinion. And no I don't want to lead them. That is for the professionals to lead. I don't even live there for that matter. It's just what I've observed from afar.

 

You are 100% correct. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree that he had to deal with a ton of adversity this season with injuries, suspensions, etc... If this move was for wins and losses alone, it would be different. There was things outside that that came into play.

Again, I hope Coach Taylor lands on his feet and has success. I also hope Fleming County can find success.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.