Open Job: Fleming County

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me what Head Coach that has been at Fleming did work with the feeder system?

Coach Taylor was involved with the younger kids! I'd see him at the Youth League games on the weekends during season.

The next coach will be their 5th coach in 6 seasons. At what point do you look at the real issue?

Not sure that math is correct. All the coaches before Matt Taylor were there at last 2 years. They previous 3 left for reasons concerning their families. Brian Kelly left because his wife and daughter were in Tennessee. It was too much time away from them. Mark Starnes left to get back closer to his wife in Henderson County. Lamont Taylor left for family reasons. Matt Taylor is the only one that was "let go".

Not sure that math is correct. All the coaches before Matt Taylor were there at last 2 years. They previous 3 left for reasons concerning their families. Brian Kelly left because his wife and daughter were in Tennessee. It was too much time away from them. Mark Starnes left to get back closer to his wife in Henderson County. Lamont Taylor left for family reasons. Matt Taylor is the only one that was "let go".

I agree I think it has been blown way out of proportion.

Lamont Taylor left and went to Mason Co to be an assistant.

Lamont Taylor left and went to Mason Co to be an assistant.

True, but he still worked at Fleming County High School until late in the fall. The reason he gave for stepping down was "family reasons".

Woods' son is a freshman at Fleming County?

His son is a freshman at Rowan Co.

Just thought of this last night, but how about Patrick Kelsch?

Also in that article it says his teaching contract wasn't renewed, with FC currently being operated by the state I'm not sure anyone would want to take this job just for the simple fact of job security.

His son is a freshman at Rowan Co.

Just thought of this last night, but how about Patrick Kelsch?

Also in that article it says his teaching contract wasn't renewed, with FC currently being operated by the state I'm not sure anyone would want to take this job just for the simple fact of job security.

Woods son was a sophomore at Rowan Co. last season.

Some names to look into:

John Michael Reitz (Fleming Assistant)

Chris Stapleton (Scott Assistant)

Brent Sowder (Campbell Assistant)

Dustin High (Montgomery Assistant)

Patrick Kelsch (Robertson Head Coach)

Matt Botner (Nicholas Head Coach)

Collin Duffie (Harrison Assistant Coach)