Open Job: Fleming County

He did a very good job. Alexander was out for about 14 games with a broken hand. Hamm had to sit out first 3 games. Crump was out for about 8 games or so with an illness. Glasscock and Alexander caught the flu and missed a week. One key starter from the previous year(I believe Jaden) was out for the whole season with a knee injury. These players are key components. They got everyone back near the end of the season and started to gel. They gave Elliott all they wanted in the first game of the region. They have a good nucleus coming back and a great Sophomore class coming up that can play. Hopefully, these kids can get a coach in that will be allowed to stay as the kids don't deserve 3-4 coaches in 3-4 years.

Now, Coach in the Crowd is 100% correct at daddyball over there over the last 2-3 years. And, 4 sets of parents and one daddy of one of those parents whined to the Principal who in this member's opinion failed to support her coach. They know who they are and a lot of other people know too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen and heard the admin at FC has been non existant for a while. The inmates have been running the asylum. The culture is bad. Daddyball is an issue in many places from time to time but until the admin supports the staffs they hire it will continue. Most often things have to get worse before they get better. Sometimes rosters get smaller. Been there, done that. It is hard to watch while happening but will work out in the long run.

Giving a good coach one year, and my opinion was successful with the hand he was dealt, is inexcusable. If he's not hurting the kids and doing his job as a teacher, then you support him 100%. You will never give kids enough playing time, shots, or attention from the parent point of view.

This seems a little fishy to me, you don't fire a coach just after one season. I think there's something more to this, just not sure what it is.

Not usually, but I'm sure if you look through all of the other open jobs threads on the BGPs this year between all of the sports you're bound to find alt least one or two other coaches who were shown the door after one year. I think Boone canned their latest girls basketball coach after his first year.

Not usually, but I'm sure if you look through all of the other open jobs threads on the BGPs this year between all of the sports you're bound to find alt least one or two other coaches who were shown the door after one year. I think Boone canned their latest girls basketball coach after his first year.

There's definitely more to the Boone County girls job though.

I thought Taylor did the best he could, under the circumstances. Was it his fault? Not sure! The kids acted like idiots when things didn't go their way. The Hamm kid was a loose cannon, that's a fact, and Alexander too. I thought they beat a well coached Bath team in the district. Then gave Elliott all they wanted in region. Not sure why people think you can turn around a program in 1 year. Good luck to Fleming in finding a successor.

Per Evan Dennison, Fleming County is 26-66 since 2014 when Coach Starnes left.

What is Starnes record since he left? I know he has been fired at least once since then. He came in when we was loaded and left when the talent did.

Oh so you're saying there is no talent there now. What's up with that?

I'm saying there is not talent like there was then! A group like Burns, Steward, Saunders and Crisp doesn't come around very often! They were a very special group.

I think Fleming County is like most county schools and talent will come and go. They will always have a few good athletes but truly gifted groups like that are hard to come by.