Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just Hangin Around

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Just Hangin Around

  1. Nope no dog in the fight. I just don't think that he has ever gotten the best out of his teams at Conner. It would be a shame if this year's team doesn't win the region as they clearly have the best overall talent of any team in the region and Highlands and Notre Dame are down. They won't stay that way.
  2. It's probably the strongest district top to bottom in the 9th.
  3. They certainly have the most overall talent but you have to put the girls in the right places and make adjustments when your strengths are taken away. They don't have to depend on their outside shooting if it's off. They have girls who are capable of going to the basket. They may be less strong inside this year after losing the Duncan girl but they certainly are not hurting for being able to rebound the ball. The sophomore Drummonds if she is healthy should be able to fill that loss. I would certainly like to see some stats from the game but it looks like they have not been publicized yet.
  4. I saw the regional game versus Holmes and there were no adjustments made imo and Holmes squeaked out the win. When two evenly matched teams play each other more often than not the coach who makes the necessary adjustments to what is being thrown at his/her team generally comes out on top.
  5. You know what they say about opinions? I saw enough of their games last year, 34 to be exact, to know that the head honcho is not very good at making adjustments. Had he been in the regionals versus Holmes they very easily could have advanced to the state tournament. This team according to many is the most talented overall team in the 9th region. I even heard one coach say they they are 12-15 pts. better on paper than any other team. If that is the case than there seems to still be one problem, the person in the end seat.
  6. I wasn't even there and I feel safe in saying that Ryle took away Conner's strengths and they didn't adjust. That usually starts with the head of the bench.
  7. Stop right at the first seat.
  8. You probably don't have to look too far down the bench to find answers as to why.
  9. So this is the same Holy Cross team that scored 88 pts against Beechwood this week? Girls basketball used to be like this but I like to think that it has evolved beyond scoring 88 one night and 22 a few days later.
  10. Someone said that this team was ranked # 10 in the country and they score only 33 pts????
  11. Even one of the greatest to come out of Northern Ky, Shaun Alexander, never rushed for 400 yds in a game and he carried the ball on just about every play for Boone Co.
  12. He does but next week he will probably sport a raiders avatar.
  13. What does that have to do with this thread?
  14. Saw on Twitter that Maddie Burcham, junior forward from Conner received an offer from NAIA member Georgetown, Ky. Congrats to Maddie on what is hopefully the first of many offers before she is done.
  15. To borrow a quote, "sounds like domination".
  16. I have a question since I am relatively new to soccer. In this preview you mention some of the girls scoring and you say that one girl had 37 pts on 14 goals and 9 assists. I have never heard scoring noted that way and wonder how they do that. A goal is only worth one pt and an assist only leads to a one pt goal. Am I missing someting here?
  17. Will play DL and OL is what articles have stated and he is committed to North Texas as a D lineman.
  18. Drove by this new school today and wondered if the mascot has been finalized. I heard that Stallions was nixed as it was considered sexist. Anyone know about this?
  19. Here is the link to the story. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/kentucky-high-school/2017/06/30/2017-nky-all-stars-girls-track-and-field/401497001/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.