Everything posted by maysvilleky
-
Hoops for Harvest - loaded day of girls’ basketball
This Saturday if you want to see some really good games and talent. Should be several college coaches there.
-
Cats’ Pause 9th Region Top Teams and Players
Best wishes to Reinhardt for a full and speedy recovery.
-
Hoops for Harvest - loaded day of girls’ basketball
Saturday, Dec. 7th at Dixie Heights. 9 of the top 50 teams in the country. Great event. 10:00 a.m. Princeton (Cincinnati, OH) vs. Ft. Thomas Highlands H.S. (KY) 11:20 a.m. Whitney Young (Chicago, IL) vs. Mt. Notre Dame (Cincinnati, OH) 12:40 p.m. Hamilton Heights (Chattanooga) vs. Africentric (Columbus, OH) 2:00 p.m. Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, KY) vs. Simon Kenton (KY) 3:20 p.m. Northwestern (Kokomo, INvs. Scott High School (KY) 4:40 p.m. North Central (Indianapolis) vs. Bolingbrook (Chicago, IL) 6:00 p.m. Pickerington Central (Columbus, OH) vs. Ryle High School (KY) 7:20 p.m. Mercy Academy (Louisville, KY) vs. Dixie Heights H.S. (KY) 8:40 p.m. Hamilton Heights (Chattanooga , TN) vs. Newark (Columbus, OR)
-
10th Region Coaches Association's Rankings of Teams/Players
I’d say Igo will have a lot to say about that.
-
10th Region Coaches Association's Rankings of Teams/Players
Do the Coaches vote on these rankings or is it some other process?
-
Cats’ Pause 9th Region Top Teams and Players
There are not 3 players on the Dixie team better than Pelfrey. She is definitely a threat from 3 every time she has an open look.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 10th Region Boys Basketball Preview
2/7/20 - GRC at Mason Co. G/B doubleheader. 6 pm girls game. Boys to follow.
-
Russell 49 Mason County 13
Very disappointing performance by Mason. How many penalties did they have?
-
10th Region 2019/2020
So question is now how many stay at Augusta or Bracken Co?
-
Open Job: East Carter
Did Fleming County hire a HC yet? And Bracken just opened up.
-
Simon Kenton and Indiana Elite 16U star has ACL Surgery
Well at least his sister can help him through the recovery process and what it will take to get back on the court.
-
Simon Kenton and Indiana Elite 16U star has ACL Surgery
Was it his sister that had the same injury?
-
Alex Schalch Enrolls at Mason County
Per my daughter, he has been in school at MC since last week.
-
What is a school's Most Important factor to winning at the HS level?
Ultimately it's talent, but especially with girls, I think it starts with a good feeder system. You are going to need a solid base of girls to draw from. They need to learn the basic basketball skills and develop them from a young age.
-
Open Job: Pendleton County
Would Buddy Biggs want to return to Coaching?
-
Ryle hires Keaton Belcher as their new boys basketball coach.
IMO Belcher is a young coach trying to get established. Staying at Pendleton I don't think was going to get him a lot of notice. But if he can turn Ryle into a contender, then he at least may have other opportunities in the NKY/Cincy area. So I think the move makes sense for him career wise (provided he can win at Ryle).
-
Open Job: Campbell County
What about Scott's assistant Coach. Isn't his name Milay? I think he coached successful AAU teams a while back. I think a couple of Campbell's players played for him there.
-
Girls Sweet 16 Attendance
I think the only counter-argument to what you are saying here, is that the recommendation proposed was to have the Girls Tournament at Memorial Coliseum. Home of the UK Women's team so it's not a random gym. Matter of fact it holds as much history as Rupp for UK basketball. 5K - 6K in that gym would be a great atmosphere and memory for the girls IMO.
-
Girls Sweet 16 Attendance
I think I heard this might have been a top 5 attendance year for the girls in total.
-
Girls Sweet 16 Attendance
Great attendance for the girls event. I think it shows that location had a lot to do with it. But 5000 is still pretty sparce for Rupp Arena. I wonder if they could still draw that if it was another central location like Memorial? I think that would create a great atmosphere.
-
Girls Sweet 16 Attendance
Per TV sports last night...The Barren County game had the 6th largest crowd to attend a girls Sweet 16. Supposedly larger than any of the Boys' crowd this year. Don't know how the rest has gone. I think GRC had a large crowd also.
-
Open Job: Scott County
IMO...IF Hicks doesn't change his mind, I think a current or former Scott Co. assistant will get the job. I don't know who that might be, but I just think they will want someone who has experience in the school system and with the administration.
-
What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?
I think there is very little the KHSAA can do to "fix" the attendance problem. It used to be an week long event where fans, coaches, ex-players, etc. got together to catch up with each other and take in a sporting event. But unfortunately social media, TV, costs, other activities, the aging of a lot of the die-hards, etc. the desire to attend has faded. I for one used to attend at least 1 - 2 full days with my dad every year. He loved the "catching up" part with all the people he hadn't seen since the prior year. Since he's no longer able to attend, I don't go unless our local school is playing. I think my situation is probably similar to many others.
-
What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?
Don't believe that's the answer. It didn't work in Indiana and it wouldn't do it in KY. I think all schools would have to allow coaches and teams to attend the sweet 16 without penalty to get interest back among fans of teams that aren't actually playing.
-
What's the attendance been like at Sweet 16?
How was the attendance during the first sessions? Has moving it so it doesn't conflict with the SEC tourney made a difference?