Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls Sweet 16 Attendance

Featured Replies

Any thoughts on how the girls attendance is matching up with the boys?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per TV sports last night...The Barren County game had the 6th largest crowd to attend a girls Sweet 16. Supposedly larger than any of the Boys' crowd this year. Don't know how the rest has gone. I think GRC had a large crowd also.

Per TV sports last night...The Barren County game had the 6th largest crowd to attend a girls Sweet 16. Supposedly larger than any of the Boys' crowd this year. Don't know how the rest has gone. I think GRC had a large crowd also.

 

They brought the whole town.

Any thoughts on how the girls attendance is matching up with the boys?

 

It won't match up with the boys but I'm hoping the crowds are pretty good. I know its a really cool experience for the girls to get to play at Rupp.

  • Author
It won't match up with the boys but I'm hoping the crowds are pretty good. I know its a really cool experience for the girls to get to play at Rupp.

 

Yeah, I know, just trying to get an idea.

First round was a new record and almost 12,000 more than last year.

First round was a new record and almost 12,000 more than last year.

 

Do you think that's due to the teams that qualified or the more centralized location of the tournament?

I think it's a combination but mostly it's giving the girls something they have never done before -- play at Rupp Arena. There are all kinds of girls who also grew up watching UK basketball and wondered what it was like to play in Rupp. It also gives mothers/fathers a chance to start a new tradition with their little girls much like fathers/sons did with the state tournament in the 60s and 70s.

 

As far a central location, Scott County was just down the road and their student section stunk.

I had my doubts but it may end up being the smartest decision the KHSAA has made since moving golf from the spring to the fall.

My only complaint has been the seating

It needs to be like BB&T open seating here is your teams area. This is your teams student section have a nice day.

40,851 for the tourney.

2nd highest according to a tweet I just saw on James Weber’s updates for the championship game.

Just announced that it was a championship game record crowd...I missed the exact number but it was over 5,000.

40,851 for the tourney.

2nd highest according to a tweet I just saw on James Weber’s updates for the championship game.

 

That's an average of 5,106 per session. Not bad at all.

Sounds like Barren Co. Saved them.

Barren Co, Ryle and GRC all brought great crowds. Southwestern had a great crowd that got pretty loud at times, just not a whole of students.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.