Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ColtFootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ColtFootball

  1. Desales would have manhandled the last two mayfield teams. I firmly believe that.
  2. Wow what a preview. Amazing job! I just can't seem to justify ranking mayfield ahead of desales from any angle besides maybe having a 1A and 1B. Hopefully we get the matchup we all expect to happen.
  3. CAL and Holy cross(louisville)
  4. Third straight year these two programs have scrimmaged before the season begins. What should we expect from the green waves?
  5. So excited for the desales vs Ballard game this year. Good measure for where we are at as a program. I do wish we could have played a 6A school of that caliber the past two years.
  6. I agree with the fact that the 2013 teams were closer in talent level but I can tell you forsure that 2013 was better than 2014. I played on both teams and the talent in the 2014 class was just as/better than the talent in my class, 2015.
  7. We were up 28-13 in the third when we let off. It was a mixture of both.
  8. it was canceled for the rest of saturday. They decided to resume Monday night.
  9. Desales won the 7 on 7 tournament at southern high school for the second straight year. I wish I had a list of teams that were involved but the only ones that I know of include holy cross(louisville), north bullitt, bullitt central, southern, western, and fairdale. Many others also participated but I do not know due to multiple fields being put to use during the tournament. Colt pride!
  10. 2013 championship was not as close as the score shows. Coach Davis and the entire coaching staff shows nothing but respect to opposing teams and Definetly let off the gas. I can point at the 2014 championship game also. You don't think we could have scored more points?
  11. I simply base my thinking off what DeSales and CAL are returning. I know mayfield will also be returning great talent from last year. But as stated above CAL very easily could have come home with the trophy this year and will be in contention once again. I don't understand why mayfield fans believe any opinion other than their own is outrageous and that people are constantly bashing their team. I have great respect for the program and just enjoy putting my two cents in the mix.
  12. I will argue that 2A should be 1. Desales 2. CAL 3. Mayfield
  13. Desales 2013 would have went toe to toe with any team in the state that year.
  14. Mayfield would possibly have two maybe three over the past five years. I believe DeSales would still have our two and Caldwell would still have represented the west three years ago. But that's the toss in my mind.
  15. 1. Desales 2. Mayfield 3. CAL 4. Murray The west will be loaded once again.
  16. The talent level at Desales has for sure been on the rise the past couple of years but I firmly believe that coaching has taken the program to the next level. FWIW DeSales JV beat X's JV this past season. I know we almost had a varsity game with them the past two years but couldn't get the schedules worked out. Hopefully we'll see a matchup in the coming years.
  17. Forgot about Murray. I can agree with that totally.
  18. Not sure about 2A. Heart says desales but it could just as easily be CAL or mayfield. Either way you look at it it's a three horse race.
  19. Hey I'd also be mad watching my team getting handled in the last two state title games. I was not trying to take away from Scott in any way. I'm done here.
  20. Oh please. We let off the gas when we began to run away with it.
  21. and got dominated by Desales in back to back years. Speaks of the strength of the eastern side of 2A.
  22. I wasn't speaking of smith as a running back really. It was more about new caths team/oline as a whole. Smith will be one of the top RBs in the state next year it's just he won't have much of chance against tougher competition.
  23. Smith for New Cath is very talented, however, I was not impressed with him after watching the state title game. Scott should have no problem handling them.
  24. With all due respect to mayfield, I can tell you that Desales and CAL have produced some top notch teams the past couple years that could compete with just about any team in the state. I fully expect this to be another great year for both programs and one of them to meet mayfield in the play offs. With that being said I would take Desales/CAL over mayfield this year.
  25. I totally agree with that. Hence the "somewhat" in the first post. We have had many successes over the past ten years just not the publicity.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.