Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Is the number of DQ sabbaticals disproportionately on the rise?
The Greenup tourney had 4 that I seen. 2 coaches , 1 was during a tie up , the coach said there was 6 hands going after the ball (his player was holding) there had to be a foul some where, call it both ways. Than came the 'T'. The other coach did throw a marker. 2 players also, 1 for cursing and 1 , the ref said he staired at me and said" that was a foul". Both player "T" came from same Ref. I also learned if a player claps , fist pumps , or any other cleb move . If Ref thinks its directed at opposing player also can be "T" up. MY OP there s times for them , but don't over do it. The calling of 50 to 60 fouls a game is messing it up , now players have to watch how they fist pump , after a big play. And I feel a coach should work the Ref`s , just don't show them up. Its always been part of the game.
-
Bishop Brossart 61 Greenup County 51
That it is, I`ve tried to tone it down, but after another loss in a game that could have been won just like the Ashland game . I`ve got to put it out there. Coach Kidwell is on the bench now, so Tackett can move on at any time. In a Basketball preview Tackett was quoted saying" Losses only matter at the end of the year" so I`m sure he`s not too up set with the loss. I`m sure all the best coach`s feel the same.
-
Bishop Brossart 61 Greenup County 51
Yes he got it, but it just looks bad. I'm sure some Refs are on BGP. And now they might be watching him closer , when I was a Ref I herd other refs talk about players before the game even started. Witch is so wrong, and I don't wont that to happen to any player in the state . Not just Greenup. I just think names should be left out , on things like this. There was 2 in the game, the same Ref gave both.
-
Bishop Brossart 61 Greenup County 51
First congrats to Bishop Brossart on there win. A very well coached team and fundamentally sound. Greenup had no answer for there big ( Crawford) #33 I think, very smooth big. Greenup had there chance with Crawford and Zai both in foul trouble , but didn't take advantage. Greenup missed a bunch of lay-ups and bunny shots the hole game. I also feel Greenup was out coached , by not changing defense `s Greenup s Austin Grooms tried his best to stop their big , but was 4-5 inches shorter. Maybe a 2-3 Zone would have helped , when Greenup tried to double they found the open man. For a lot of open lay-ups . Greenup is now 7-5. And overall played pretty good in the tourney .
-
Bishop Brossart 61 Greenup County 51
There where 2 ''T'' in game , both players and the same ref called both. Your game post was on point. wish you would have left name out on T.
-
Has the high school 3-point line become "too easy"?
I think its fine, there might be a few kids that shoot it better. Over all it seems the same as past years, a few teams or kids shoot it well. Would like to see some numbers on it, that might change my mind. When 40% is a really good number, don't think it needs moved.
-
Ashland 59 George Rogers Clark 51
I thought it was crazy , when coach Biggs got fired. After watching Ashland play Greenup ,and some other wins they have. Looks like they made a good pick on a new coach.
-
Greenup County 76 Shelby Valley 66
Nice to get a win, after 3 straight losses . Long ride to Prestonsburg, 2 days in row. 1 more trip, and hopefully a win. Good job today boy`s and coach Kidwell.
-
Ashland 71 Greenup County 63
Thank you.
-
Ashland 71 Greenup County 63
Greenup stayed in the press , way too long. Ashland broke it easy in 2nd half, and shot layup after layup. Greenup missed to many foul shoots, and rushed a few shots late in the game. Still think Greenup is the better team. Ashland`s coach did a nice job, and older Villers can get to the basket. Ashland did a nice job adjusting at half.
-
Ashland 2015/2016
Where is he going to college ?
-
All State Teams
thanks
-
All State Teams
Beechwood is in 9th right ?. They have 2 kids, one going UK , plays summer ball for Midland, and not all state . Then 1 going to Lville, was he the one that got HM? That's 2 that are 1st team all day. I feel there are a few left out, but it always happens , and is always debatable . But congrats to the kids who made it. Highlands beat my Greenup Co team in final 4, good team. Congrats to them. BW - Combs and Stringer . And I see both play for Midland. WOW
-
Ashland 2015/2016
That's what I was wondering, if a kid hasn't played in years might take some time, and may not be as good . hard to take years off. Guess we will see if they paly. Some really good role player s always help.
-
All State Teams
Congrats to Greenup Co- Brody Shoupe , Catcher (jr) on making 2nd team. And to all other 16th region players.
-
Ashland 2015/2016
Villers is a real nice player , light it up. I figure he will lead the way. With out help ,going to see some double teams, and the great ol box an 1. How many starters are back ? And when have the kids mint- above last played on a team?
-
West Jessamine 10 Highlands 3 (Rawlings/KHSAA State Baseball Tournament)
Wow , what a hot team. WJ scoring 48 runs in state tournament is just crazy. Getting 3 or 4 runs is hard , let alone double digits in every game. Congrats to WJ, and the other 15 teams on having great seasons. Had a blast this last week, watching games. And very proud of Greenup Co , Great job boys.
-
2015-16 16th Region
Yes Morgan won both games, Greenup has lost a lot the last 3 years. 7,13,12 win seasons. Coaching is a problem, major problem. It sounds like Prater had a good year, hope he gets better . I like seeing good Head to Head match up's, during a game. It only adds to the game. From what you have said, he sounds like my type of player, I really liked Redparth 's game. Both seem to do more than score. I had herd about Prater ,before you brought him up. So his name is getting out, my OP just don't over do it , with best and that stuff. Let his play talk, I'm glad to here about a different player from Morgan. And the kid From Maryland , that couldn't play last year. ? did he play in summer games.
-
2015-16 16th Region
I.m sure he was, prob more than 1or2 times. but that's fine , not going to stop every play, and the 2nd game was a 2 point win , and Greenup had the lead late.
-
2015-16 16th Region
Ill help you 2nd game vs Greenup Prater 2pts , 1-8 and 0-4. 12.5% not real efficient in that game. Like I said . you should have talked good about kid , than dropped it. And not act like hes the best. should have stopped
-
2015-16 16th Region
Greenup play;s zone. not man-man. so not true again. IF you haven't herd , the Coach at Greenup is really bad. Lost a lot of game's they should have won
-
2015-16 16th Region
so Morgan didn't game plan for Hughes , lol You have no clue. SO points by a lot and rebounds are close, What else is there you want to be wrong at. I know for sure perry or Redparth dint guard Hughes, so somebody got a few points put on them.
-
2015-16 16th Region
I did last 20 games on Khsaa web sit.Hughes had 17and 1 in 1st game ,and 23and 2 in 2nd game... I took last 20 games for each , Rebounds, prater 56- avg 2.8 a game. Hughes 61 - 3.05 Avg a game. So prater does rebound .
-
2015-16 16th Region
The more you win in tournament , the more player your team gets. doesn't mean they are the best players in tournament. Greenup got 1 Jair Jackson. But all region regular season team, yes gage was on it. Does he guard the other teams best guard ? I seen his rebounds 1 here and there, Gage get 3 to 4 a game. And when Greenup plays man Gage will guard , the best guard . This is also Gage's 2nd sport. I really don't think teams game plan for Prater/. I really hate you had to start this debate, you could have talked about him some, and that would have been great. But you had to add he's the best Fr ,in region. should have stopped. And really top 5, come on. know wonder you think ranking sites or off, I don't think you know ,what a good player looks like.
-
2015-16 16th Region
OK , hes strong. 6'0 what weight ? and why doesn't he play AAU? And I would say , most people would too , that a kid who can play more sports at a really high level is more Athletic. But yes people look at it different. And if your the best Freshman in the Region. People and Ranking site's would Know who you are.